Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The original dungeons were not removed, they were revamped and retuned to fit a different direction for the game. Are they the same? No. Are they gone? No.
    Oh please. By this logic they could totally change a dungeon, replaced all the art and bosses but if they kept the name, it's not removed. Whiteknight harder Dar.

Before you say they've not removed or changed boss fights... DEADMINES.

Challenge modes aren't removed, but the earlier ones are closed simply because it makes no sense to have a timed dungeon based on current gear, stats, and abilities usable by people 10, 20, 30 levels higher with new abilities that can prove dungeon-breaking.
    Weren't they supposed to, I don't know, scale you down to a pre-set ilvl? It hit me really hard when they said they were retiring Pandaria's challenge modes, because I had been the whole expansion under the impression that better gear or whatever didn't matter because everything scaled (they were really reassuring on that aspect at the start of the expansion), so, since I'm incapable of managing or finding random groups, I had to wait for some friends to be on the game and actually have time to go... but in the end it wasn't enough.

As for skills... who cares? Even through Pandaria they did balance changes that altered a class' power and performance in challenge modes.

---

Removing stuff is frustrating, especially when achievements aren't really account wide (most of them torment you with a red message telling you "it's not been obtained by", save for the godsent blue header ones). That makes everything very frustrating, since I can't be on a "welp, achieved that forever" state and not feeling "forced" to do alt-trains. I got LOTS legendary cloaks and even more legendary rings, and I'm still frustrated because I'll be plagued by that red text on every other character. I'll remember which characters did that, I don't need that red text!

The "I was there" feeling doesn't work if I have to bring the alt-train to everything so that it "looks like" I've done it completely (and it's invalidated if I create another character).

Diablo 3 did it right: there are class achievements that you have to do with a specific class, but they're complete forever and they're not in a constant state of millions of half-full glasses.

Really, really frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much if every (or most) achievement or feat of strenght was "blue header".
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    About 2/3 of Sunken Temple was removed.
    removed was nothing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVByTVCqDNE
    you can get behind the instance portal, the old dungeon is still there, they just moved the mobs and bosses.

Formerly known as Arafal

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, not even slightly. In fact the amount of content that usually makes it (excluding WoD) Blizz are actually among the better that I know of.

What pets or mounts were removed?
    The old ZG and ZA mounts was the first thing that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    The old ZG and ZA mounts was the first thing that came to mind.
    Odd, I still have my mount from old ZG.

Unobtainable=/=Removed.

Ontopic though, you can say that the older quests pre-cata were removed. Not updated, removed. But personally, I think they are now better. And other MMOs have removed content, so there's no reason to say Blizz is the only company that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Weren't they supposed to, I don't know, scale you down to a pre-set ilvl? It hit me really hard when they said they were retiring Pandaria's challenge modes, because I had been the whole expansion under the impression that better gear or whatever didn't matter because everything scaled (they were really reassuring on that aspect at the start of the expansion), so, since I'm incapable of managing or finding random groups, I had to wait for some friends to be on the game and actually have time to go... but in the end it wasn't enough.

As for skills... who cares? Even through Pandaria they did balance changes that altered a class' power and performance in challenge modes.

---

Removing stuff is frustrating, especially when achievements aren't really account wide (most of them torment you with a red message telling you "it's not been obtained by", save for the godsent blue header ones). That makes everything very frustrating, since I can't be on a "welp, achieved that forever" state and not feeling "forced" to do alt-trains. I got LOTS legendary cloaks and even more legendary rings, and I'm still frustrated because I'll be plagued by that red text on every other character. I'll remember which characters did that, I don't need that red text!

The "I was there" feeling doesn't work if I have to bring the alt-train to everything so that it "looks like" I've done it completely (and it's invalidated if I create another character).

Diablo 3 did it right: there are class achievements that you have to do with a specific class, but they're complete forever and they're not in a constant state of millions of half-full glasses.

Really, really frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much if every (or most) achievement or feat of strenght was "blue header".
    You can tell the newer players from the older ones when they don't talk about the days before achievements. If you wanted something on all of your toons, yep you guessed it, you did it on them all. Try doing What a Long Strange Trip Its Been on more than one toon, or the Bloodsail rep by yourself each time. Making literally everything account wide is bad for the game. Let's take PvP for a prime example. One of the handfuls of main reasons so many things in pvp are character locked is because those players who don't constantly do pvp for the fun of it, but instead mainly do it for the mount/title rewards, would stop when getting said reward on the first toon they earned it on. As a result pvp queues and/or manually formed groups would be scarcer. Requiring individual characters to earn many of the rewards keeps the number of casuals groups and teams going longer, which in the end is beneficial to casual players who start later because they aren't punished for not doing the content during the first wave of players. I also think it is good for players to confuse the feeling of being "forced" to do stuff on alts because that means those toons actually see the sun on Azeroth more than once a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the BLACK Proto-Drake that was removed, not the Plagued. Plagues is still available from the BMAH. For some reason the Black one was never put up there for unknown reasons - probably just an oversight.

Star Trek Online has removed heaps of old stuff and revamped a lot more. Plenty of old things unobtainable. About to do another skill mechanics overhaul.

"WoW is stale! WoW changes too much!"

Deleted
    Yeah... anet is alot worse with GW2. One thing is a mount or an item. Another thing is chunks of story content.

So, Blizz ain'tthe worst. Though i'm still cross that i didnt win the roll for the armani bear before it got removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I remember only one mount being removed, plagued proto drake from naxx. Blizz later stated that they regret that move.

Which was a great idea IMO. Old Scholo and Sunken were a mess, "wth should I go" type of dungeons.
    That's the 10 man one, the 25 man Black Proto Drake is no longer obtainable as well. As are the mounts from Trial of the Grand Crusader. All the original skins for the lvl 60 mounts are no longer obtainable, thus creating the Old School Ride achievement. The original Brewfest Ram is no longer obtainable. ZG Tiger/Raptor and of course the granddaddy of unobtainables the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal.

There might be some more, I'm at work so can't recall atm.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was Blizzard I would use and abuse of Caverns of Time and make all of old Kalimdor/EK avaliable there. And the old dungeons and raids, like Zul'aman (Zuljin!). And maybe the legendary quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that nearly every game company cuts content from their games, either because they think the content will have a negative effect on the playerbase or because it does not meet up their own standard. But i do think that blizzard are one of the few, who are just really bad at hiding what they have "removed".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think that nearly every game company cuts content from their games, either because they think the content will have a negative effect on the playerbase or because it does not meet up their own standard. But i do think that blizzard are one of the few, who are just really bad at hiding what they have "removed".
    None of this thread is about cut content its about stuff that we had then was removed or in the case of alot of this not even removed just unobtainable.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    None of this thread is about cut content its about stuff that we had then was removed.
    Ohh wups, misunderstood OP I will take my post back

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Ohh wups, misunderstood OP I will take my post back
    RIP Faralon ect. ect. ect. by the way replying to this makes your count no longer 1337 rekt
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Wildstar/Carbine removed their own player base. Beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I don't understand why they do this.
    So you can come along and whine about it.
    On a serious not they are hardly the only company making certain time exclusive rewards unattainable.

Well, SOE did a number on SWG before eventually removing the server plugs from the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh please. By this logic they could totally change a dungeon, replaced all the art and bosses but if they kept the name, it's not removed. Whiteknight harder Dar.

Before you say they've not removed or changed boss fights... DEADMINES.
    which is a lot better than the old one