Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Extreme Nationalism more dangerous than Radical Islam?

So today a relatively big Danish politician, Zenia Stampe, came out and said that Extreme Nationalists and Right wing ''fascists'' are more dangerous to Europe and the west than Radical Imams and Islam.
    I have heard this said several times by left leaning politicians and other people left of the center, but I have a really hard time wrapping my head around the logic behind this. I get that these people can be violent and have a, lets say, negative attitude towards Immigrants and other foreigners.
    But I really don't see how people who feel so strongly for their countries that they are willing to commit violence to protect them from a fairly obvious threat, can be more dangerous than people who have openly admitted to wanting to see the West fall and death to the ''infidels''.

What do you guys think? Are Right Wing nationalists actually a greater threat to the west than Radical Islamists or is it just the left blowing people disagreeing with them out of proportion?

here is the article if anyone is interested. But its in Danish
    http://jyllands-posten.dk/politik/EC...erdiordfoerer/

10+ Year Old Account
    Both extremes are bad.

Wow, what a cheerful and inspiring face she has.

She's completely wrong, as in so staggeringly wrong it's better to just outright say she's wrong than attempt to refute her points which truly have no point. Ignore the notions of people like her at all costs.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post

So today a relatively big Danish politician, Zenia Stampe, came out and said that Extreme Nationalists and Right wing ''fascists'' are more dangerous to Europe and the west than Radical Imams and Islam.
    I have heard this said several times by left leaning politicians and other people left of the center, but I have a really hard time wrapping my head around the logic behind this. I get that these people can be violent and have a, lets say, negative attitude towards Immigrants and other foreigners.
    But I really don't see how people who feel so strongly for their countries that they are willing to commit violence to protect them from a fairly obvious threat, can be more dangerous than people who have openly admitted to wanting to see the West fall and death to the ''infidels''.

What do you guys think? Are Right Wing nationalists actually a greater threat to the west than Radical Islamists or is it just the left blowing people disagreeing with them out of proportion?

here is the article if anyone is interested. But its in Danish
    http://jyllands-posten.dk/politik/EC...erdiordfoerer/
    Every politican since the second world war has long for the time when they could fight Hitler. Things were so much simpler then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

What we are seeing is a rising up against the progressive narrative that if you want to say, watch and do what you want you are somehow evil. This is a cultural uprising and that has been years in the making and we are a product of the progressive/SJW narrative.

Of course nothing is more dangerous than islam, these people will behead you and blow you up without a second thought.

Deleted
    Wanting to preserve your country, heritage and have the best for your people is dangerous? I think Miss Stampe should move to a poorer suburb in Sweden so she can experience rampant liberalism and uncontrolled immigration. Somewhere like Götaland.. or Malmö so she can be culturally 'enriched'.

It's always the wealthy middle-upper class whites in their gated neighbourhoods and positions of power, especially in the EU that are telling the working class they're 'evil' for wanting to perserve their culture and identity. Brow-beating the working class and trying to force masses of third world immigrants down their throat with vastly different morals, ethics and beliefs.. leads to the far right rising. Politicans like Miss Stampe are the problem and they're so oblivious to it, it's almost comical.

There's no sense in trying to talk sense to the regressive left, Morpen. Let them be devoured and look to your own.

See the link for details. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-migrants.html
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2016-04-02 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well who did more damage to Europe, the Nazis or Al-Qaeda?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Well who did more damage to Europe, the Nazis or Al-Qaeda?
    "If I talk about Nazi's we'll ignore the Jihadi elephant in the room with the AK47!"

Come on man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    "If I talk about Nazi's we'll ignore the Jihadi elephant in the room with the AK47!"

Come on man.
    Are they not the two obvious examples for each group?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes it certainly is as it leads to abhorrent abuses of power all in the name of blind fanatical patriotism. remember when the germans voted a charming young man into power on the promise of nationalism and restoring german pride along with some vague economic promises? remember when hitler said the same thing about the jews and communists in the 1930's ? those are the exact same scare tactics your employing now. today it might simply be wanting the refugees out. tomorrow it might be beefing up the military to defend against the islamic threat next it will invading them because they we need to end the threat now. gee this sure sounds familiar.......do you want to dress up some men in uniform pulling random muslims out of the street and imprisoning them while we're working ourselves into a nationalistic fervor here?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-04-01 at 08:57 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    1. From what you're saying (can't read article now), she's talking about extreme nationalists. So, Hitler and the nazis. Now, to take on to your argument, Hitler and the nazis acted against "threats" they identified without facts. So, essentially, they acted due to paranoia and the interest to secure resources. And millions of people died.

2. Now, obviously, the not every extreme nationalist is the likes of Hitler. Some might just kill a few others with a bomb or a gun. Which is why my opinion is that extreme nationalism is as dangerous as radical Islam. Both are just as dangerous for they produce the same effects in the end, deranged individuals thinking they are furthering their nation's/religion's goals by destroying things they see as threats.

7+ Year Old Account
    If 99.9% of Muslims in Europe want to see themselves as Europeans first and take on modern Western values then I don't think there will be problems. But if you get 1 or 2% of them who would rather physically wreck Europe than assimilate, that's a growing time bomb. The sad part is that the lefties who start screaming "colonialism!" after an Islamist detonates a bomb are only helping to justify their actions.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-04-01 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Are they not the two obvious examples for each group?
    True enough but everytime someone brings up a solid point about the immigrants, current affairs in the EU, or points out something that isn't politically correct the knee-jerk reaction seems to be to say something about the nazi party as if that nullifys the criticism.

I mean...
    ISIS is extremist nationalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extreme Nationalism is not more dangerous because we are familiar with the danger and wont let it gain that much power again. On the other hand the Far Left refuse to see the dangers of radical Islam allowing it to grow in power in their own back yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    On the other hand the Far Left refuse to see the dangers of radical Islam allowing it to grow in power in their own back yard.
    People like to make this accusation, but I've never seen anyone deny that fundamentalist Islamic terrorism exists. They simply deny that it is integral to Islam itself, and that there's no grounds for treating anyone as being a member of such an ideological group unless you have hard evidence to support that, and "they're Muslim" isn't evidence of anything of the sort.

Want to point to a particular refugee and say "look, that's guy's connected with ISIS, here's the evidence", I'll be entirely on your side on getting them out. When you're targeting innocents just for being Muslim, you're way past the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    People are just reacting to the very real threat Islam presents on both a physical and cultural level. They'll never fully integrate with the west and will always be a threat to us.

Eventually something will have to be done and frankly I can't blame nationalists, they just want to protect themselves from a people we're not allowed to criticise.

Nah it isnt nationalism wont ever rise unless u screw over your own country royally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Wanting to control immigration and only take in the people you want to take in is not 'Extreme Nationalism'.

It's called immigration policy.

Deleted
    a) both are bad, and both are the sort of thing that would make me leave the country

b) it's not Islam or Christianity itself that is the problem - it's just religion; when people have magical/divine beliefs that supercede mortal considerations, you can't be surprised when they follow those instead of a country's laws or rules, courts and prisons can't compete with eternal damnation or heaven for the immortal soul