Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Why do so many people consider BRF to be less than a full raid tier? It had 14 bosses and was an integral part to the story, what about that isn't a full raid tier? Whether you consider it to be good content or not is irrelevant.
    Because it was still part of the WoD launch raid tier, despite not being opened until after release. The reason people generally consider WoD to have only had 2 raid tiers is because only one tier was actually added as a major content patch. Every other expansion had at least two full raid patches (Black Temple then Sunwell, Ulduar and Icecrown, Firelands and Dragonsoul, Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar).

BRF is the major raid in the first of two WoD raid tiers, not its own tier.

Emerald Nightmare, Suramar and Tomb of Sargeras will be all we get. No point hoping for another Farahlon, etc because it won't be coming.
    Last edited by dd614; 2016-04-01 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Tomb of Sargeras in 7.2

End of expansion.

Like everyone said, all we're getting is nightmare, suramar, and tomb. Hopefully they're kind enough to bring us naxx again too.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Eh, more like WoD launched with 17, opened 17.5 a month later, then added 18.
    Exactly, HM was gated theres a difference.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Two tier expansions are much better. I'd rather visit a new continent/planet every year, than stick with one for 2-2.5 years. So I pay a few $ more because expansions are faster? Big deal, its worth it.
    One year expansions, on the scale that we see in WoW, are physically impossible, and they've already acknowledged that the Warlords model was a failure. Subsequently, going forward they plan on returning to the pre-Warlords model of development. Regardless, the expansion will in all likelihood, have the following:

a) Emerald Nightmare/Suramar
    b) Unknown Raid
    c) Tomb of Sargeras

I don't get it why so many People on this forum want a naga raid. The whole idea behind this seems boring af

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I am assuming they will go back to a traditional 3 tier + raiding system for Legion. I am expecting Zandalar to be honest. Everyone keeps saying they will save it for a south seas expac but I can really see them doing a Zandalar raid + naga raid for the middle tier. They already mentioned breaking 1 large raid tier (SoO and HFC for example) into 2 smaller raids much like TK and SSC were. As for the final tier I am expecting Tomb of Sargeras for sure. I do like the idea of a titan themed raid that would be really neat.
    They have already announced Thal'Dranath, so no Zandalar. Also Zandalar was destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I don't get it why so many People on this forum want a naga raid. The whole idea behind this seems boring af

- - - Updated - - -

They have already announced Thal'Dranath, so no Zandalar. Also Zandalar was destroyed
    Zandalar is still alive and well (only portions of it were sinking into the sea, and that lore can be adjusted as needed). Honestly, with Vol'jin being MIA, I expect the next expansion to be on Zandalar (with a retcon to its size, i.e. Broken Isles II).

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Fairly sure they said they wanted to stick with the 2-tier expansion cycle. Shorter expansions but less time between is still their goal.
    Less time between? Lol that's funny. The 2 tier expac thing doesn't work, it's boring, and not only that but we still have the same long content drought we've had in the past. Making a 3+ tier expac won't change anything considering either way we still have a 12-13 month content drought.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said at blizzcon 2 tiers was a mistake, so we'll see.

I highly doubt N'zoth/Azshara will be taken care of in the middle tier of legion, would be such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    They said at blizzcon 2 tiers was a mistake, so we'll see.
    this isn't what they said. this is what Brack said. the word tier didn't leave his mouth. for all we know we could go up to 6.3 but only have 2 raid tiers in the expac again. if they want to push out patches quicker, it is more likely we would see dungeons and 1 boss raids rather than full tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh...this paltry "two-tiered expansion" still had almost as much bosses as MoP and more than Cata...so it kinda is all about how you wanna count stuff. I mean..people count TotC as not a "proper" raid at all because it had 5 bosses and no trash. So if you want to nitpick you always find something to latch on to.

Could be they go for two tiers because three tires inflate gear even faster...dunno.
    So because they had almost as many bosses as MoP and more than Cata, regardless of when they were released, that means the amount of content we got as a whole is okay?

I can see why some people still stay subbed to this game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I am assuming they will go back to a traditional 3 tier + raiding system for Legion. I am expecting Zandalar to be honest. Everyone keeps saying they will save it for a south seas expac but I can really see them doing a Zandalar raid + naga raid for the middle tier. They already mentioned breaking 1 large raid tier (SoO and HFC for example) into 2 smaller raids much like TK and SSC were. As for the final tier I am expecting Tomb of Sargeras for sure. I do like the idea of a titan themed raid that would be really neat.
    By the seems of it not much is left of the south seas after Cataclysm (which includes Zandalar), so they'll be waiting a while.

Deleted
    yeah I want something Titan themed like Ulduar

maybe somewhere in the sea (N'zoth?)

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    So because they had almost as many bosses as MoP and more than Cata, regardless of when they were released, that means the amount of content we got as a whole is okay?

I can see why some people still stay subbed to this game now.
    Outside of Raid no the amount was not ok. Inside of raid then yes it was. 6 raids of 30 bosses is in no way more content than 3 raids of 33 bosses as the bosses are the content in the raids (It becomes worse when you realise that in DS there is no trash for the last four bosses.)

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Two tier expansions are much better. I'd rather visit a new continent/planet every year, than stick with one for 2-2.5 years. So I pay a few $ more because expansions are faster? Big deal, its worth it.
    either you didnt read my text or you dont realize whats reality.

IF you get 2 tiers and just 1 or 1,3 years of an xpac, yes. you are totally right there.

but if you have not realized: we got the same long expac with way less content. so...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

IF you get 2 tiers and just 1 or 1,3 years of an xpac, yes. you are totally right there.

but if you have not realized: we got the same long expac with way less content. so...
    The person you are replying to clearly doesnt understand how long of an expansion WoD will end up being. Arguing with him is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Fairly sure they said they wanted to stick with the 2-tier expansion cycle. Shorter expansions but less time between is still their goal.
    Which they have failed to meet for 4 expansions. Now it is just a cop out for not putting in any work and dragging out expansions. 3 tiers would be nice with something besides raids added along the way. I don't expect another 4 tier expansion giving us new dungeons with 2 of them and new battle grounds ever again, but something besides whats in the box at launch would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

Another botched expansion like WoD and subs will drop enough that the spiral will speed up even more. As it stands Hearthstone is catching up to WoWs revenue and with how much money lower capitol games create on phones and tablets it will be hard to justify the time and money that goes into WoW. Then again without the storylines and lore WoW creates Hearthstone and HotS both getting gutted to some degree.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said they would want to stick with the current tier set-up and then they explained about having the first tier split in two raids, one with 7 and one with 10 bosses. That was my impression from Blizzcon and I just think people, based on WoD's lack of content, just interpret it as "2 tiers again".

Direct quote from Watcher in Blizzcon: "We have 2 raid zones that we're gonna be launching Legion with, the Emerald Nightmare and the Grand Palace of Suramar. The first raid zone, accessible a few weeks after launch, I think we're gonna go with the same system and the same overall structure we used for Warlords. I thought that pacing worked pretty well, you didn't feel obligated to rush to max level, but the raids were there when you were ready for them."

I think people took that and decided that this means 2 tiers again, but to me it only refers to the first tier and nothing more.
    He also said instead of having a 13 boss raid, what about seperate raids with 6 or 7 bosses. They did this in the past with TBC and Cataclysm so I'm alright with that but emerald nightmare + nightwell > tomb of sargeras? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Which they have failed to meet for 4 expansions. Now it is just a cop out for not putting in any work and dragging out expansions. 3 tiers would be nice with something besides raids added along the way. I don't expect another 4 tier expansion giving us new dungeons with 2 of them and new battle grounds ever again, but something besides whats in the box at launch would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Another botched expansion like WoD and subs will drop enough that the spiral will speed up even more. As it stands Hearthstone is catching up to WoWs revenue and with how much money lower capitol games create on phones and tablets it will be hard to justify the time and money that goes into WoW. Then again without the storylines and lore WoW creates Hearthstone and HotS both getting gutted to some degree.
    i think that type of company politics and betting on fast n pace games like HS and so on, will one day fall down like a card house. that day a company like blizz will cry for a stable long term product with a bunch of loyal customers. but these days its all about hype, fast money, "new shit" regardless how simple, dumb, high priced, cheap, low quality or whatever it is. but this will not work forever. you can quote me here in a few years