Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Conflicting report on that 10 million unit required,
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201604/01102924.html
    Tabata said that the 10m figure isn't related to profit but is the goal of the project team, the number is exaggerated but the reason is so that the team can ask themselves what needs to be done so they can achieve such a number.

I think you just need get used to the combat to dodge/parry well, once you get the hang of it i feel it flows quite well.

Dodging

Parrying with the shield
    Last edited by Sweetimpact; 2016-04-01 at 07:31 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did they let this happen? And the more important question, will this feel like a game that was worth $10M? In any case, I just don't see any scenario where they succeed. I think I'll get it, just to help, but my 1 copy isn't going to mean much in the long run. I doubt this will ruin them or anything, but could it put a damper on the FF franchise? Who knows?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically yes, the translation for the first statement indeed is it needs to sell 10m granted there was no profit mentioned.
    2nd statement is as said above. Has nothing to do with profit but a goal for the project team, etc.

Going by Famitsu.

Etherway I am looking forward to the game, I had alot of fun with the platinum demo. I just hope if it has poor sells it doesn't effect Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So Ummm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_...y_XIII#Sequels

Good Luck at 10 million Square-Enix you will need it.

- - - Updated - - -

People are not posting click bait shoddy translations. You just so happen to get the one site that has said different.

Knowing Square-Enix I wouldn't be surprised if your post is PR control. Square-Enix is well known for not knowing how to control there budget. With how long FFXV has been in development I wouldn't be surprised if 10million is a requirment.
    Yea let's trust americans to interpret Japanese better then Famitsu, if you're seriously questioning my source that joke is on you.

He was asked what the game needed to sell to be a success, he said 10 million. However the click bait later claiming it needed to sell 10 mil to break even or make a profit or otherwise was laughable, and he later had to clarify to famitsu that is what his dev team has as a goal for the game, not Sqaure Enix's goal for profits.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-04-01 at 08:06 PM.

So Ummm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_...y_XIII#Sequels

Good Luck at 10 million Square-Enix you will need it.
    Not necessarily. "As of January 2013, the game had shipped 6.6 million copies worldwide." 6.6 million in 6 years for FFXIII, which is unquestionably poorly received and has a split fan base at best. FFXIII-2 had to try and overcome that negative response so it's naturally going to suffer. And that was with a very long delay before a PC release on Steam, etc.

Now, if XV comes out to critical and player praise and is agreed to be a good game? Pushing into the 10 million area could be possible over the lifetime, especially if they include PC sooner than later.

Will it sell 10 million easy? Probably not. But if it's in the 9 million range and puts Final Fantasy back in good graces as a polished, good brand like it has long been known? Definitely not a failure.

FFVII has sold 11 million units in total. The director on XV, as well as many other Square representatives, have always said their goal is to strive to make a game that matches, if not exceeds, VII.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-04-01 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also released a new statement saying that 10 million is their high goal and not the required amount to make their money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetimpact View Post
    Conflicting report on that 10 million unit required,
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201604/01102924.html
    Tabata said that the 10m figure isn't related to profit but is the goal of the project team, the number is exaggerated but the reason is so that the team can ask themselves what needs to be done so they can achieve such a number.

I think you just need get used to the combat to dodge/parry well, once you get the hang of it i feel it flows quite well.

Dodging

Parrying with the shield
    idk how he did any of that dodging, when I tried to dodge it seemed un responsive I guess it's a L2P and timing thing. I really didn't invest any time into it, I didn't even know there were even other weapons for the final boss. I just played it then uninstalled it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I made a separate thread for the XV movie / anime it can be discussed there

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...XV-Kingsglaive

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL love the poll BTW.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll got added when it got merged, don't know how to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Poll got added when it got merged, don't know how to remove it.
    The poll should stay, I think everyone wants a pet Carbuncle...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea let's trust americans to interpret Japanese better then Famitsu, if you're seriously questioning my source that joke is on you.
    First off the people who own the sorce I linked isn't americans.

Second I never said your link is wrong, I just say you provided one soruce that said different and it may even be true. That being said what others linked doesn't make them click bait.

Third its Square-Enix and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a PR move, I also wouldn't be surprised if 10mil is what they need. My link has also updated with the info you linked. But like I said, I never said you was wrong I just said you linked something different. But like normal you come into a thread acting like Mr big shot know it all and run your mouth.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-02 at 10:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if posted yet,

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

But like I said, I never said you was wrong .
    But on the contrary, I'm saying YOU'RE wrong and posting click bait. Don't post it if you don't want called on it. Research where news is coming from before you post it, see the entire context behind it. If you just are in a rush to post a head line because you think no one else posted- that's on you.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2iYHdFFhXk

Well thats trash, loling right now, don't understand why they just can't use the configuration from FF14 for this and be done with it, be lot faster to get it out and they know it works instead of wasting a huge amount of time, what is it, years to just get it 'optimised' for the consoles.

Another video and just waiting on digital foundry analysis soon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhhL3OAAyDo

If the game is currently like this, I am happy to wait for the PC version, sometimes being first to get something is not a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV is well, not as graphic intense, I'm not exactly sure if that's hard to understand.
    I never found a stable FPS any issue and playing the game itself is pretty good. Only thing that's weird is the dodging, but last action rpg type game I've been playing is bloodborne, so there's that.

I still don't get why the PC thing even has to be brought up. This shit is getting VERY annoying, if it gets a pc port, great, if it doesn't, stop bringing it up, it's obnoxious and dumb. We don't need this shit in every single damn thread. Play the fucking game if you want, seriously.

I'm not an FPS whore, I don't give a flying fuck, I just play it if I find it fun.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-04-02 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Yes its not very graphical intense but its been pretty obvious a lot of time has been spent trying to get it to work on the existing consoles, that in it self is bad business, however with the frame drops, if it doesn't effect you then fine, but it does affect others and just shows most of the time they have spent is wasted if thats the current result.

Feel free to be annoyed, don't actually care if it personally bugs you, theres nothing invalid about that point of discussion as its very obvious to why the version is being held back, I rather not defend a company blindly just because they are japanese.

FPS whore or not, it needs to be stable and it isn't very obviously from those examples, people expect quality because they are parting with money, there should be a standard as with anything else.
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2016-04-02 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does being Japanese have to do with it? It's a pointless circle jerk. It's just platform war shit...
    If you don't like it, that's fine, but seeing it every single place is obnoxious. The doom thread has it, you just brought it up. It's not productive, it's not even really about the game at that point other than hurdurr fps.

Deleted
    Some people exhibit bias towards companies partly because of their country of origins of times, this is most prevalent when its a Japanese company.

The stability of the FPS of any game is just as important as the game it self as its part of the gameplay, when you part with money its a sign that companies can get away with bad practice or bad quality. Its apparent looking at those videos its very glaring and can affect the overall gameplay experience, it can affect encounter situations and its nothing of your own fault.

As long as FPS is part of the gameplay, its valid to have in any game related thread whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Yes its not very graphical intense but its been pretty obvious a lot of time has been spent trying to get it to work on the existing consoles
    A lot of time has been spent trying to get the luminous engine to actually work properly for the game, not simply optimizing it for consoles. A broken engine would still be a broken engine on PC. You bring up XIV, but XIV does not use luminous, it uses an engine made by the same people who made luminous but a completely different engine none the less.

There is a reason luminous was scrapped for KH3, it's trash and is the sole reason XV has taken so long to get done. Wouldn't surprise me a single bit if optimizing it for PC was also a major obstacle to climb in porting it there.

Also an average of 28-29 FPS in a demo released 6 months before the game comes out is pretty damn good for a game targeting 30 fps. There are games that come out targeting 30 fps and have a far worse average then that. Your entire post is pretty nonsensical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Some people exhibit bias towards companies partly because of their country of origins of times, this is most prevalent when its a Japanese company.
    The only bias I see here is you crying about the performance of a demo which is better then a hell of a lot of full releases.