Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    But what about MoP world bosses?? When we can solo them??

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    But what about MoP world bosses?? When we can solo them??
    Unless you got insane dps your not soloing Sha and you can already solo Galleon,Oondasta and August Celestials.

Also I don't think anyone has soloed Ordos since he can 1shot you like 5sec into the fight.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Considering the other old raids got a damage boost if you are more than 10 levels above then, it would mean that by 101 we should be able to solo SoO. Of course that is assuming they activate the same damage boost for MoP raids. Though they need to change Spoils if we want to be able to solo it. Can't think of any other boss that require more than one person
    Except mechanically it's literally not possible to solo Galakras because the harpoons have to be fired at the same time.

So unless they change that (which I doubt, because it would take too much effort), SOO will never be completely soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What is making it in NM+ impossable to solo?

Soloed it in LFR just fine, Now the first boss they need to make it so u can skip him.

Ontopic: The buff is in place where if raids are 10+ levels lower then you you get a boost. Good chance it will be applyed to MOP raids at 101. I think blizzard has come to accept that old raids are apart of some peoples personal progression and all.

If I can't solo MOP raids and work on soloing WOD raids come Legion my time in legion will be short.
    This is incorrect. Raid bosses are content level +3, so you need to be 14 levels above them to solo it easily. 94 for WotLK, 99 for Cata content, and you will need to be 104 for Mists. However, certain classes (tanks with strong self-healing) can already solo most of MOP, although only agility tanks (because of Soul Capacitor) are able to solo everything except Galakras.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2016-04-04 at 12:07 AM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Except mechanically it's literally not possible to solo Galakras because the harpoons have to be fired at the same time.

So unless they change that (which I doubt, because it would take too much effort), SOO will never be completely soloable.

This is incorrect. Raid bosses are content level +3, so you need to be 14 levels above them to solo it easily. 94 for WotLK, 99 for Cata content, and you will need to be 104 for Mists. However, certain classes (tanks with strong self-healing) can already solo most of MOP, although only agility tanks (because of Soul Capacitor) are able to solo everything except Galakras.
    My comment is 10+ is still correct you just said it different then me.

Wrath raids are level 83 so that means you need to be 93 and cata is 88 that means you need to be 98. In legion we will need to be 103 in order for the mist raids to have the effect providing blizzard adds it to mist raids.

As it stands now I have soloed the first 3 boss's of SoO so I am sure doing it in Legion won't be a big deal. I won't be killing Sha of Pride anytime soon since I can't do 9 million damage before he puts me in the prison.

Who knows how they will handle it. But good chance with the stat bloat we will get soloing it shouldn't be a issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

i didn't even know what the blue blobs did. we only ever killed the black ones. the problem with the fight is the constant retreating by the boss. sucks like the lei shi fight. i hate those mechanics.

how do you handle sha of pride and the insanity or MC he does when you get the stacks?

I imagine galakras if not changed will be undoable solo, and how about the spoils?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    i didn't even know what the blue blobs did. we only ever killed the black ones. the problem with the fight is the constant retreating by the boss. sucks like the lei shi fight. i hate those mechanics.

how do you handle sha of pride and the insanity or MC he does when you get the stacks?

I imagine galakras if not changed will be undoable solo, and how about the spoils?
    I had to do it as prot. You got to get his HP down so low you can make him retreat before he does his blast. Took me around 5 trys.

As for Sha of Pride its a dps race. You got about 1min to do 9 million damage to him, I couldn't solo him for the same reason I couldn't solo Drumum in ToT. Thanks to those 1shot abilitys they are near impossable to solo.

Unless you got insane dps your not soloing Sha
    Umm, hunters can quite easily solo Sha. Pretty sure Warlocks can as well. Tanking pets can stand toe to toe against sha with ease, the only problem is an occasional aggro bug that will cause Sha to reset (this happens with numerous bosses trying to solo), other than that, it's an easy down week in week out on my hunter. My Shale Spider can even handle dmg from multiple MC'd players, when you are MC'd your health scales, so your pet's health will scale with you. When I get MC'd by Sha my Shale Spiders health jumps to 1.5 million. My MC'd hunter will even prioritize healing the pet over anything else, so even if dmg starts to pile up from multiple people, mend pet gets thrown on my pet, which is incredibly powerful with the pets inflated health since it is a % based heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joti View Post
    Umm, hunters can quite easily solo Sha. Pretty sure Warlocks can as well. Tanking pets can stand toe to toe against sha with ease, the only problem is an occasional aggro bug that will cause Sha to reset (this happens with numerous bosses trying to solo), other than that, it's an easy down week in week out on my hunter. My Shale Spider can even handle dmg from multiple MC'd players, when you are MC'd your health scales, so your pet's health will scale with you. When I get MC'd by Sha my Shale Spiders health jumps to 1.5 million. My MC'd hunter will even prioritize healing the pet over anything else, so even if dmg starts to pile up from multiple people, mend pet gets thrown on my pet, which is incredibly powerful with the pets inflated health since it is a % based heal.
    I didn't consider pets so mybad.

I guess its better to say your not doing it without a pet then.

10+ Year Old Account

Wrath raids are level 83 so that means you need to be 93 and cata is 88 that means you need to be 98. In legion we will need to be 103 in order for the mist raids to have the effect providing blizzard adds it to mist raids.
    It's actually not correct. There's no such level system in place with the legacy buff. It's based on expansion level. You qualify for the legacy buff in Vanilla content as soon as you hit 61, in BC content at 71, Wrath content at 81, and Cataclysm content at 86. You can see this in effect in one part of Terokkar Forest, where the mobs in a lake near Shattrath are incorrectly flagged as being from Vanilla and you deal massive damage to them even at the same level.

1. There will be no legacy damage buff for MOP raid regardless of level, that was only activated for wotlk and cata raids because of the stat squish, to make up for it so ppl could solo what they were soloing pre stat squish. Item level and dps is growing naturally now there is no need for the buff.

2. Most of SoO is already soloable, everything besides Galakras has been done on Heroic. Mythic isn't quite as clear cut but Wannoob the monk soloer has done quite a bit. Garrosh isn't the only mythic boss that hasn't been soloed though (as far as I know)

3. All they need to do is make Immerseus skippable (not mandatory but preferrably), make Galakras skippable or soloable (by changing mechanics) and its all good. There is also some questionable nonsense happening on Mythic Garrosh last phase (either despawning or the amount of adds that spawn causes lag/crashing). I hope they at least fix the despawn issue.

10 man warlocks have solo'd just about everything already, including heroic versions of almost all the fights as well (at 720 ilvl i could solo everything in ToES, couldn't quite get the timing on amber shaper, and havent touched SoO yet, too soon).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...um-WoD-edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

As it stands now I have soloed the first 3 boss's of SoO so I am sure doing it in Legion won't be a big deal. I won't be killing Sha of Pride anytime soon since I can't do 9 million damage before he puts me in the prison.

Who knows how they will handle it. But good chance with the stat bloat we will get soloing it shouldn't be a issue.
    We know how they will handle it. There won't be a legacy buff for MoP raids until they do another stat squish. They've stated this many times. We will just be getting the added stats from being level 110 and the new gear we will have attainable to us.
    Stats from Vanilla through Cata were squished at a far different rate than MoP was. Which is why they added the legacy buff for them.

Can you solo Spoils and Garrosh?

Also I don't think anyone has soloed Ordos since he can 1shot you like 5sec into the fight.

i love going to youtube and proving everything you say is complete bullshit, there's a reason i have you on ignore, but this is too good.

could you please stop telling everyone what can or cannot be solo'd? because you're clearly CLUELESS, utterly clueless, so please stop unless you're going to spend some time researching what you're talking about.

btw i didn't need to youtube this video i've solo'd him on my DK thats how i know but i don't video everything.

I remember when soloing old raids was about thinking of cheesy methods to overcome "unsoloable" mechanics (Like the Yogg tentacle in Thorim's encounter) and tenacity (Soloing Chromaggus in Wrath as a paladin took over an hour).

Blizzard don't "make" raids soloable. They fix things if a mechanic forces you to bring extra people to handle, but they've never made an old raid easier for the sake of soloing. It defeats the purpose of it.
    The legacy buff was to make old raids easier to solo because people were complaining that raids they could already solo would become unsoloable again after the squish.

Infractions: 2

Bellular made a video on this subject as well; Currently SoO is not completable as a solo in Legion. Galakras is the end, since it currently requires 2 players at 2 locations to complete it.

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

People need to stop making chickens out of feathers here, seriously... Blizzard DOES have a history of making little changes to mechanics that make certain fights downright impossible, and sometimes even just to make it easier on those players that couldn't handle the original fight even if mechanics didn't downright stop soloing it...

I'm sure they'll step in and tweak some stuff where needed, since they acknowledge the value of letting people solo old raids for rewards once the content is outdated...

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

i love going to youtube and proving everything you say is complete bullshit, there's a reason i have you on ignore, but this is too good.

could you please stop telling everyone what can or cannot be solo'd? because you're clearly CLUELESS, utterly clueless, so please stop unless you're going to spend some time researching what you're talking about.

btw i didn't need to youtube this video i've solo'd him on my DK thats how i know but i don't video everything.
    Wow...you really have a hard on for that guy if you have him on ignore but still choose to see his posts...o.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wow...you really have a hard on for that guy if you have him on ignore but still choose to see his posts...o.O.
    i have about 90 people on ignore, it's more of a warning to myself to take their word as bullshit so i don't get trolled/infracted for rising to the bait, i will occasionally view the post if it's not in a really stupid topic, and this isn't, for example i go to a thread and i see tennisace made it, i just leave not worth even discussing it.

For Galakras, they could just remove the sniper and let players skip the boss. I wonder if they'll actually make any changes to the fight.

You can solo spoils and garrosh on normal and heroic, spoils on mythic (certainly depending on class for some of these combos)