Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Will we get more content in Legion?

Can someone confirm if Legion will have more content than WoD, what I mean is, will we have 7.1 with a raid and a timeless isle type sand box isle? or will 7.1 will be the same as 6.1 = no content at all. I really hate the idea of a short expansion and I was just wondering if any of the WoW devs in the interviews stated something regarding more content in Legion?

I don't think there have been any interviews confirming anything about this stuff. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't seem like a Blizzard thing to-do to already confirm this that and the other before the game is out.

I'm trying to stay optimistic though and hope they've learnt from their mistakes. But time will tell....

Deleted
    ^
    We can't confirm this yet.

They mentioned they goofed when they called it 6.1 and regret it. They said technically 6.2 should have been called 6.1, and the 6.1 patch should've been 6.0.8 (or something like that). They also said the shorter expansion plan didn't work out as they liked, if that means Legion will be longer (more patches) or not is in the air ...

As for your question, I know there is raid(s) planned but whether we will get them in 7.1 or further down the line is anyones guess. Remember there was suppose to be a Shattrath raid at one point so, they won't say anything till its hitting the PTR (Or blizzcon).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    ^
    We can't confirm this yet.
    This is why I haven't bought Legion, yet. WoD left a bad taste, and I can't get it around it to buy Legion, I am gonna hate it when Legion Will be short as WoD content-wise

We will get more pruning content for sure. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not holding my breath. Looking back
    TBC was solid.
    Wrath I had more fun in than I thought at the time, ( 1 room raids and lack of a troll raid blew)
    Cat was ok, minus the reuse of dungeons, and destruction of Azeroth.
    Panda WTF Oo I started and then thankfully took 3 years off from..
    WOD was great! as I entered into it a year after release, blew through all of it I wanted to in a few weeks, ( casual/ halfway heroic raiding in open raid, 40 hour raid weeks, Server firsts and front-page wow progress ranks are behind me, now I see it from both a hardcore's eyes and casuals. Where are the raids? they could have done sooo much more with the Beautiful outdoor zone of Highmaul, and what about Karabor? I feel lacking raid content and an interactive world content at the same time I'm perplexed.

Unless they got rid of the 3rd world devs and ex Facebook game makers they have now and get Kaglan and Tigole directly involved, And get that awesome dev who gave us Muru and Twin Valks front and center!.. (* I can't find his name, I looked!)

I don't expect much.

P.S. Hearthstone sucks.

Think of it this way; will the box content (7.0 content) out the gate be worth the box price? That's sort of how I see it.

I know I'll probably be getting my money's worth in that first month alone, it's the subsequent months of payments that are more of a question mark. Will you get maybe over 50 or even 100 hours of content with the first month of Legion? If you aren't off-put by the theme and genuinely enjoy yourself, then I'd say the box price should be fine.

Unfortunately, there's no real way to know if you'll enjoy the content until you play it. The patches that come after launch, well, no one knows what will be in them, and frankly that should be content to persuade you to keep a sub running, more than anything.

We wont know until 7.1 and 7.2 are out but 7.0 definitely appears to be a huge step above 6.0 in terms of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    We wont know until 7.1 and 7.2 are out but 7.0 definitely appears to be a huge step above 6.0 in terms of content.
    And how do you know that? Considering the land mass of the broken isles is smaller than draenor, and there's stiill no endgame to be found at the moment we don't really know if it's less or more
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

I'm pretty sure we will get more than a selfie cam and TI 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    And how do you know that? Considering the land mass of the broken isles is smaller than draenor, and there's stiill no endgame to be found at the moment we don't really know if it's less or more
    Not to mention WoD wasn't looking all that bad at one point either before it took a dive off the cliff.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, nothing confirmed. But between them admitting the "Shorter expansions with less content" thing failed miserably and the shitstorm that followed I would be shocked to see them not release at least one more raid tier than WoD.

I hope they go back to the MoP model,without the 14 month last raid,what I mean is :
    7.0 - Raid tier + all new systems/world content etc
    7.1 New world content area/hub
    7.2 Raid tier + world content area/hub/event + maybe new dungeons
    7.3 Same as 7.1
    7.4 Final raid tier and new world content/hub+maybe some dungeons

Say what you will about MoP but after the drop in subs after Launch (Which wasn't as dramatic as WoD's) it managed to retain the sub numbers at a steady number untill like 8 months into SoO,which is understandable. The patches without raids keeps everyone engaged with more new content,it doesn't even need to be something big,like the Krasarang stuff in MoP. It wasn't huge,but it had a new rep faction,cool story quests,some dailies,new gear etc. Better then the Selfie patch we got in WoD. Adding like 1-2 dungeons on top of that type of content would be amazing.

But yeah,we don't know about their plans yet,they did recognize that the patches in WoD we're a mistake and 6.1 shouldn't have been labeled as a "major" patch at all.
    Last edited by Angel of Justice; 2016-04-04 at 07:14 AM.
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Even F2P mmos pump out way more content. Something is seriouly wrong at blizzard if they go a year plus with nothing.
    Aye mate

I doubt it.

Blizzard keep talking about more frequent expansions rather than more content within an expansion. WOD completely failed at that goal, which I expect will be repeated in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I didnt say I "know" anything, I said that the potential is there (hence the use of "appears"). And since when is landmass content? When I think of content I think of the activities that Ill be engaged with. By comparison Legion has more dungeons, more raid bosses at launch, a new class, professions may actually be useful, and the overhauled challenge modes.

Besides that, between the class/spec exclusive content, new talents, artifacts, legendaries, and pvp talents Im much more interested in just playing various classes in legion than I ever was in Draenor with a few lame ass perks and a single new row of talents that was mostly shared between every spec in a class.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Think of it this way; will the box content (7.0 content) out the gate be worth the box price? That's sort of how I see it.
    This, pretty much =P

For me, just WoD's leveling experience was pretty much worth the box price, and that was when I was unemployed and didn't have much money to spare. So I'm pretty sure I'll have my money's worth in Legion too.

In the end you don't need to stay subbed 12months/year to enjoy the majority of WoW. Just unsub when you run out of interesting/fun things to do, and re-sub for 1~2 months when a patch comes out that grabs your attention enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I didnt say I "know" anything, I said that the potential is there (hence the use of "appears").
    Agree with you. Imo it will mostly come down to the design of the content, rather than the "ammount" of content.

WoD may have the least content of all expansions (maybe not, it's hard to measure tbh, probably not =P) but what we do know is that it had a lot of content that people didn't want to do. And that is a fault of the design (mainly the reward system, imo), and not really just lack of content.

For instances take a look at invasions. It was reasonbly fun at least to try to get some of the achievements, but a lot of people didn't do much of them because they were locked behind apexis dailies (instead of having a random chance to show up every few days on top of that, for instance). Same for garrison bosses, who were locked behind RNG on invasion bag rewards.

Legion has a lot of potential, but in the end it will all come down to how well it works together, and how well the reward system is designed. It won't matter if Legion has 10x the content of WoD; a lot of people would just do the parts that interest them (ie the parts that award the best gear), ignore the rest, then go to the forums and cry "no content". So imo the reward system especially will be a lot more important than how much content there really is.

Lets hope blizzard learned a lesson with 6.1 and if I'm not mistaken there has been comments from Blizzard regarding 6.1. And also by the looks of things they are really holding things back in terms of giving away to much. Most of the "content" we have seen now is from what people have discovered on the alpha, wich is a good thing. They are not overhyping things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    For me, just WoD's leveling experience was pretty much worth the box price, and that was when I was unemployed and didn't have much money to spare. So I'm pretty sure I'll have my money's worth in Legion too.
    Well i thought that the WoD levelling experience was the weakest they've ever done and was fed up with it before i even hit Nagrand. I don't think WoD in it's entirety has been worth the box price let alone the initial release.

OP - no way to tell yet but when i saw the followers list, and that fecking mission UI, I pretty much hit a wall. I haven't pre-ordered and the followers have just pretty much decided for me that i won't be back at all. I fear it's going to be the same shit all over again.