Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nandomau View Post
    Items that can sell for a fortune and buy a set and save time, most beautiful mounts, and many aesthetic things, but considering we need to buy the game and pay monthly fees, I believe that even this is appropriate ...
    Ah I see COSMETICS. Unless store mounts give you a direct power boost or ability to clear raid content better just stop. Cosmetics are not pay to win something like a full set of HFC mythic gear would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How is a mount pay to win? There is nothing you can buy for money that gives you any advantage at all. And if you toss out the "well, buy token, sell for gold, then buy BoEs"-card, I toss in the "rubbish, everyone can get gold in any other way in this game"-card.

And those 20 reasons you got is highly just your opinions. Twitter/facebook integration does nothing to the game, same as that selfie camera. Night time not dark enough? wtf, go play some zombie game if you want a dark game.

Ugh, why do I even bother.

Just uninstall if you don't like it, and leave the forums as well, you will do us all good by that.
    So, as I said, the video is not mine, but I agree with most of his topics ... Also saw nothing "pay to win" but I do not agree with the fact that most of the legal mounts being sold by "cash" and several other aesthetic things, when we have to buy the game and pay the monthly fee ... and the content is not more than modern games like ArcheAge, Black Desert, Guild Wars II ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah I see COSMETICS. Unless store mounts give you a direct power boost or ability to clear raid content better just stop. Cosmetics are not pay to win something like a full set of HFC mythic gear would be.
    So, as I said, the video is not mine, but I agree with most of his topics ... Also saw nothing "pay to win" but I do not agree with the fact that most of the legal mounts being sold by "cash" and several other aesthetic things, when we have to buy the game and pay the monthly fee ... and the content is not more than modern games like ArcheAge, Black Desert, Guild Wars II ...

Deleted
    The reason the game sucks is because they went full retard with Cataclysm.

The game suffers to this day because of it.

It was a very good game up until the end of Wrath. Not perfect, but solid. Now it has more flaws than anything.

What were they thinking, completely ruining Azeroth and the questing experience, removing the night and hell having it take place AFTER the events of Northrend despite the player first going to Azeroth? WTF.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-05 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    This list could have been much shorter.....

1. Cataclysm
    2. Mists of Pandaria

That is all.....
    We can actually make it even shorter.

1. Warfails of Failnor (the Expansion of One Real Content Patch, Yet Costing 10$ More Than Usual).

Compared to it, even Cataclysm looks like a true pinnacle of game design.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How is a mount pay to win? There is nothing you can buy for money that gives you any advantage at all. And if you toss out the "well, buy token, sell for gold, then buy BoEs"-card, I toss in the "rubbish, everyone can get gold in any other way in this game"-card.

And those 20 reasons you got is highly just your opinions. Twitter/facebook integration does nothing to the game, same as that selfie camera. Night time not dark enough? wtf, go play some zombie game if you want a dark game.

Ugh, why do I even bother.

Just uninstall if you don't like it, and leave the forums as well, you will do us all good by that.
    Dude, I have done it, but wow was and always will be a beautiful memory ... Today do not understand how so many people paying for something that has several other games that offer free ...

But like the WoW back to what it once was in the time of the Classic and BC ...

Ah, why get so "disgusted" with the comment about the cash? They hit your wound? The WoW actually charge for everything, and looks to have tuition and price of the game ... The Blizzar is mercenary, no one can deny ...

Deleted
    Stopped reading after the first reason already. You must be really sad if "not dark enough nights" makes the game dead for you lol. Shit post is shit.

#18 Twitter/Facebook integration
    Did I miss the Facebook thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    Stopped reading after the first reason already. You must be really sad if "not dark enough nights" makes the game dead for you lol. Shit post is shit.
    Probably when WoW was in the "classic" version, you were probably still in the belly of your mother then you should not know, but there was day / night on all maps, and there is even a city where the inhabitants turned Worgen just the night, everything in the CLASSIC, there were climatic effects on all maps ... Today removed all ...

my 2 cents:
    I removed from the list the arguments that IMHO are not true, and bolded the worst

- Inflated Gold
    - Dungeons less relevant at level cap/too raid focused
    - Low level dungeons horrible
    - Low Level experience is horrible
    - Crafting system no longer relevant
    - Mission Table+Garrison shit
    - Single Player Experience # Add - Nobody comes out of that damn garrison ...

bonus:
    - Poor design choices in talents specs (see warlock row 100)
    - Automatic queue system for... everything
    - No incentive to leave garrison
    - our age
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

For day/night, the most I remember is a sky box change, a bit of darkening and MAYBE some laps turning on. Then again, I played Horde pre-Cata so...the biggest change in scenery was in Desolace when you went into the troll village.

About the only thing I agree with is needing more "Single Player Experience." I like LFR, but I wish we'd go back to buying previous (or lower end) tier gear by doing heroic dungeon runs. I don't mind if LFR fills out the remainder of our gear, but I did like working steadily towards gearing up a character to get ready to raid rather than having to raid to do more raiding. On top of that, Wrath and Cata had a better daily system. (Didn't play MoP until the end when most dailies were hard to do due to story.)

Honestly, I'm going to have to play Legion to get any kind of opinion on it, but I doubt Legion itself will fix any problems WoW has. The patch cycle is irregular and inconsistent (6.1 as my prime example) and it is too raid focused. (I do agree on that point as well.) I completely agree that raiding should be the only way to get the best stats in PvE. However, we should have access to mounts, skins, and extras in solo content (Crusader dailies being a prime example). There isn't enough content outside of raiding.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    This list could have been much shorter.....

1. Cataclysm
    2. Mists of Pandaria

That is all.....
    Mists was an awesome expansion and WoD severely pales in comparison to it. Are some people still clinging to that stupid "HURR DURR KUNGFU PANDAS!!!" meme?

Deleted
    most beautiful mounts, and many aesthetic things,
    How does one "win" at aesthetics?

Particularly I think the wow lost much of its original charm, ai found this video, which was not made by me, but I agree with it all, what do they say ?? It would be nice if Blizzard reflect on it ...

The twenty reasons "described" are:

#20: Night time is still not dark enough
    #18 Twitter/Facebook integration

What do you think?

I can't agree with anyone who includes those has reason a game sucks. Especially the Twitter integration. They are just looking for things to complain about if they are complaining about Twitter being an option in the game. Just stoking up the fires of those who say All 6.1 gave us was a selfie camera\twitter!!"

I don't agree with most of the other complaints either. Sounds like folks just need to take a break for a bit. It seems some people expect to play WoW 7 days a week for 10 years straight and find it just as exciting as they did on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    . Are some people still clinging to that stupid "HURR DURR KUNGFU PANDAS!!!" meme?
    Did you really think those people were ever going to let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    How does one "win" at aesthetics?
    As I said to someone, do not think these things are sold for cash "pay to win" ... sell tokiens undoubtedly help a lot to buy a set of gold, yes, are sold, besides those mounts super expensive, as the yak ...

But I said, the video is not mine, and I agree with several topics ...

But I think the ridiculous blizz sell mounts more "different" for money when ingame are "basic" ... when it already charges for a price up quite expensive for the game and also charges fees ...

You pay $ 70 for a game that will never be yours ... unless you pay tuition! ...

But this is not the question I wanted to raise ... I meant more to WoW have lost its charm ... I saw the video and as I said, agreed with several pointed topics ... Mostly I added the "add". ..

While I consider WoW to be almost trash right now, the only wrong of it is not included in the list provided by the video maker and instead is the sole focus on Raiding as what defines WoW as a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Particularly I think the wow lost much of its original charm, ai found this video, which was not made by me, but I agree with it all, what do they say ?? It would be nice if Blizzard reflect on it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AyiO9-7Wk0&spfreload=5

The twenty reasons "described" are:

- SNIP -

What do you think?

Hug to everyone!
    #20: I suppose. I've never personally cared about the level of darkness so for me it's not a factor.
    #19: I feel the entire debate and flip flopping regarding flying mounts is the biggest problem there.
    #18: Why would Twitter/Facebook integration matter one way or the other? Don't use it if you don't like it.
    #17: I personally really enjoy the leveling experience now. It's nice and quick, doesn't feel nearly as tedious but still requires a minimal amount of effort.
    #16: I completely agree and feel like this is the single biggest problem in World of Warcraft at this time. There is no longer any sense of community.
    #15: I'm not sure what you mean by social features. Number 18 complains about twitter and facebook integration, which are social features.
    #14: I've never participated in Ashran so I have no valid opinion here!
    #13: Gold inflation means nothing as long as the economy stays stable. I've seen nothing to indicate that the economy is no longer stable, so...
    #12: I do not actually believe there are Pay to Win features that are negatively impacting the game at all.
    #11: I agree dungeons can be more difficult at level cap. I don't agree that the game is too raid focused though.
    #10: As long as this doesn't apply to alts, I would be totally ok with it. I've already leveled so many alts and if I had to get to each dungeon manually it would be horrible.
    #9: I've always disagreed with this opinion. The purpose of low levels is to get higher level. You can level pretty much any way you like.
    #8: I hate what they did to the crafting system. It wasn't perfect before, but man did they ruin it.
    #7: I don't PvP any more, unfortunately, so I have no valid opinion here
    #6: I enjoyed the Garrison mission stuff at first. Once it became a requirement it felt a lot less fun.
    #5: I've always enjoyed the endgame raid content in World of Warcraft.
    #4: Yeah I agree that they made the Garrison too important. I guess that's what people get for bitching so much about dailies as they were in bc/wotlk/cata.
    #3: Ability squish? Does this mean stat squish or ability pruning? Way too vague. The stat squish was great and necessary. The ability prune: they went too far.
    #2: Cross-realm zoning was a great idea and a lot of games implemented it to a degree.
    #1: Excluding Vanilla (since they didn't really know a damn thing about end game then) the game really has always primarily been about the "end package". I've even heard one of their devs YEARS ago say something about "the game starting at level cap". I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

The main reason I listed my opinion for each of these is to show that these are not reasons why a game sucks, but opinions on why someone doesn't like how the game is any more. There's a big difference.

This is what the modern gamer wants. GenX-gamers can play on private servers.

#16: Community is fucking retarded and Blizz appeals to lowest common denominator
    #15: Lack of Social features/encouragement
    Why is it that the people that cry the loudest about bad community seem to be biligerent/rude people on the forums? It's ironic to me.

So you have a couple of good points, and a lot of bad ones. Lightning, twitter, community, p2w, etc... All irrelevant. A good game would get past these or they literally don't affect you at all.

Flying mount: Removing them at the start lets you experience the content, also removing griefers from having mount access at the start. I see no problems having players experience the world for a few months.

Leveling: Leveling is faster with more options than ever. Want to spam dungeons? Do it - it's pretty efficient. Want to PVP? It's not the best XP, but it's there. Speed leveling your 12th alt? Mixture of dungeons and quests it is. *options are great*. 80-100 is quick, too.

Ashran Sucks: That's like..your opinion man. Seriously though, some people like it. I dislike that it's forced upon even somewhat serious PVPers.

Inflated Gold: Gold Inflates. Not much to say here.

Too raid focused: This is a good point. As a solo / small group player, I feel a severe lack of things to do when I log on. PVP or log off.

Low Level Experience is horrible: I..don't agree? Leveling was really easy and smooth. Players were, in general, nice. Had a couple of newbies along the way, people were kind and explained things to them. I dunno - new player and heirloomed players both seemed nice enough.

Crafting system needs a lot of help. It really does. It won't get it though. Crafting is just an expected added stat to players, and that sucks.

PVP sucks because of balance issues. Blizzard doesn't seem to care about balancing the classes. The primary PVP dev is also riding FOTM trains, which sucks - Who remembers Holinka & a blizzard DK riding that annoying comp to 2400 in 2s -_-. It has nothing to do with rating deflation. Ratings needed to be deflated. 2400 rating wasn't even getting you a title, or sticking you with a really low end title. That's silly.

Garrisons weren't bad. Lack of everything else just made them seem bad. If you could do garrison quests on the fly - this could have been a great system.

Single Player Experience - People harp on this wayyyyyyyy too much. How does it /really/ vary from sitting in Dalaran? Orgrimmar/Stormwind/Ironforge? Dalarn take 2?

Ability squish made everything more approachable and nothing too important was lost. Honestly, my hunter had something like 72 keys to remember for PVP. Fuck that.

CRZ made the world feel more alive. I saw more players. It made rarities more rare. Complaining about a single player experience, and in the next breath complaining about more players is just silly. You don't seem to understand what you want, here.

End Package: You say this like it's new. This isn't new. This isn't new at all. The game being focused on end-game is the way it's been since BC was released. Sure, WOTLK had great story telling, but they knew you'd be spending 99% of your time either in a raid, arena or BG. Balance has /always/ been done with end-game in mind. It's just the way the game is.

Making crafting more useful overall and /REMOVING COMBAT STATS FROM ALL CRAFTING/ would be a great step in the right direction. Giving us more to do at cap level would always be a welcomed addition. Otherwise, I think the game's honestly fine.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-04-05 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Too raid focused: This is a good point. As a solo / small group player, I feel a severe lack of things to do when I log on. PVP or log off.
    I'm curious: What could be added that isn't Raids or PvP, that doesn't already exist in the game?