so many yellow cards. A lot of players could miss the semi's lol

torres really fucked this game for atl madrid.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-04-05 at 08:24 PM.

a game with Atletico vs Barca or Real Madrid will always have a lot of cards

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    a game with Atletico vs Barca or Real Madrid will always have a lot of cards
    Yeah like Ramo's in the el clasico that was particulary awful. Hands already up mid tackle.

In the la liga its not the end of the world but cards are huge in the CL

I don't see how people can like this Atletico team, just a bunch of butchers

Deleted
    South/westside Glasgow bigots look like getting promoted.

Cunts.

2-1 Barca final

that was not an enjoyable game to watch

With benfica losing 1-0 at the start of the game, I was thinking they would be destroyed. 2nd leg at home, they still have a chance.

Deleted

Deleted
    Thats The Rangers promoted. Back to the bad ol' days in Glesga...

Pray for Slendy. I have to work during this nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't see how people can like this Atletico team, just a bunch of butchers
    Did you also happen to not see Suarez giving his opponent a kick that should have gotten him a bloody red card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    With benfica losing 1-0 at the start of the game, I was thinking they would be destroyed. 2nd leg at home, they still have a chance.
    Well tbh we sort of did, but we didn't? if that makes any sense, i mean, Bayern pressured us like hell with a ton of near goals, but we managed to hold on. That and the 2 misses Benfica had infront of the net....c'mooooon it'd be more bearable if it were the portuguese league, but missing that sort of stuff in the Champs is catastrophic (hyperbole).

Also, if Ederson doesnt snipe the Man of the Match spot, i'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well tbh we sort of did, but we didn't? if that makes any sense, i mean, Bayern pressured us like hell with a ton of near goals, but we managed to hold on. That and the 2 misses Benfica had infront of the net....c'mooooon it'd be more bearable if it were the portuguese league, but missing that sort of stuff in the Champs is catastrophic (hyperbole).

Also, if Ederson doesnt snipe the Man of the Match spot, i'll be surprised.
    Good game from you guys. You forced Bayern into playing really badly. I liked your defense, one of maybe a handful teams this season that didn't come onto the pitch with their pants wet already. You got a good fighting chance in the second leg. No idea what PK the guys were talking about, but if it was Lahm's handball, it wasn't a PK in any rulebook I know. The dude used that arm for support. You'd have to stretch the rules really far to make that a penalty.

As for the second leg, it'll be tough for us. But I'm thinking we can always score a goal and that's when you'll be in trouble. Keep your goal clean and it'll be a thriller to the end.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Good game from you guys. You forced Bayern into playing really badly. I liked your defense, one of maybe a handful teams this season that didn't come onto the pitch with their pants wet already. You got a good fighting chance in the second leg. No idea what PK the guys were talking about, but if it was Lahm's handball, it wasn't a PK in any rulebook I know. The dude used that arm for support. You'd have to stretch the rules really far to make that a penalty.

As for the second leg, it'll be tough for us. But I'm thinking we can always score a goal and that's when you'll be in trouble. Keep your goal clean and it'll be a thriller to the end.
    Yea, i don't agree with it being PK either, it's a considerable stretch to think so. Where would the dude place is hand/arm? Benfica's fans were screeching for the PK cause in our league referees have a different standard i guess, it would most likely be a PK here.

Second leg would be tough, even though the pressure is on both teams.

Deleted
    How can you see that was not a PK? Lahm does a sliding tackle and leaves the arm behind, it isn't in a "natural position". Where was he supposed to keep his arm? By not doing the sliding tackle of course. If you do it, you risk cutting the ball with your hand.

Here is an image just before the ball hits Lahm's stretched arm, there are others probably better:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    How can you see that was not a PK? Lahm does a sliding tackle and leaves the arm behind, it isn't in a "natural position". Where was he supposed to keep his arm? By not doing the sliding tackle of course. If you do it, you risk cutting the ball with your hand.

Here is an image just before the ball hits Lahm's stretched arm, there are others probably better:
    But it is a "natural position" for the arm if you're to block with a slide like that.

Deleted
    When you're trying to block with a slide, you're supposed to do it with your feet, not your arms. The fact is, with the arm in that position, he increased the area he manages to block the ball, and he does it with his hand. It's the same situation as Friday's penalty against Braga.

10+ Year Old Account
    But a slide isn't a static position, you're moving and if he doesn't block with his feeth by the time the other player kicks the ball then he'll do it with his torso or arms/hands.

The PK agaisnt Braga is quite different, cause the player was standing up and he goes from having his arms behind his back to putting them on the sides thus, and here i agree with the logic of increasing the blocking area, resulting on a penalty.

Having your arms in a spot that doesn't result in an obvious PK while sliding on your side is a bit more tricky i reckon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Honestly, would need a video to judge this one. If anyone can post one!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Yea, i don't agree with it being PK either, it's a considerable stretch to think so. Where would the dude place is hand/arm? Benfica's fans were screeching for the PK cause in our league referees have a different standard i guess, it would most likely be a PK here.

Second leg would be tough, even though the pressure is on both teams.
    It may sound weird, but I think this 0:1 loss is better for you than the 3:1 victory was for Porto. See, back then they poked the bear. And I think many will agree that on a good day, when they're on a mission and feel challenged, Bayern can beat just about anyone convincingly. This result, however, may lull them into a false confidence. I think the result actually works slightly in your favour, if you can keep the goal clean. If I know my club well, they'll get nervous if they can't score a goal and you keep the pressure up until the 75th minute. It happens so often with them in these constellations. So, see you in two weeks?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.