Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Oh dear, am I wasting my time talking to you? Why are you calling women sluts? Why are you referring to your mother, sister and daughter as a slut? You say women have not been oppressed but in this very post you're oppressing women who you perceive as sexual. People can absolutely feel the oppression of their ancestors when they are still being punished for being female just like their ancestors. And what about slavery? African Americans and other descendants of slaves in the world still are affected by the same oppression their ancestors faced as they are poorer, less educated and have a lower quality of life for simply being darker than the status quo.
    Pretty racist of you

"No, not really." You gotta be kidding me. Come on you cannot be serious.
    How are women oppressed in modern western society?

Deleted
    "No, not really." You gotta be kidding me. Come on you cannot be serious.
    Tell me how women are oppressed in the civilized, western world.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Sexist bakesale attracts stupid jerks and trolls... *Gasp* Im so surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    One sec, I'll have to read all the sources you posted to understand what you meant.

Yeah but acknowledging a crazy perspective from the most radical elements of a movement isn't really representative or the movement and the feminists I know bloody hate these morons too.
    See, I don't need sources. I'm working in the REAL WORLD not the internet world where shitposts and clickbait and trolltards rule everything. Understand the difference.
    Last edited by Feeline10; 2016-04-06 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Holy crap I can't wait for Mods to start banning people who create banned topics. You know this is a banned topic Tennisace, stop.
    No I don't. This thread is to discuss a recent incident which has sparked much discussion. There is nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I think this post is right on point.

This thread is, once again, like several tennisace posts, misleading and filled with false data.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Gotta leave certain posters unbanned for page views(=adds=profit) and to satisfy Endus's boner.
    After seeing I'm blocking 50 adds on this site, you tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No I don't. This thread is to discuss a recent incident which has sparked much discussion. There is nothing wrong with that.
    No, it's not, and you know damn well it's not. I can't wait until you get banned for posting ANOTHER banned topic.

I thought feminism was about equality? Making baked goods cost more for males is against that whole notion isn't it?

Also, the wage gap thing needs to stop, it's simply untrue.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, if we were to make 1 thread per RadFem/MRA/MGTOW/etc... event/occurrence.... mmo-c would be the biggest forum on the internet by now. If you want to make a thread about this subject matter: consolidate articles, sources, a hypothesis on the matter and discuss that with people.

Don't just post 1 insignificant article about a thing that happened and expect a coherent discussion - especially since you do that all the time and have a rather mediocre reputation.

All online comments could have been generated by one very bored person at home...
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2016-04-06 at 01:54 PM.

How is this a gender discussion?
    So on top of ignorant, you also have whacked out poo brain.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-06 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Oh dear, am I wasting my time talking to you? Why are you calling women sluts? Why are you referring to your mother, sister and daughter as a slut? You say women have not been oppressed but in this very post you're oppressing women who you perceive as sexual. People can absolutely feel the oppression of their ancestors when they are still being punished for being female just like their ancestors. And what about slavery? African Americans and other descendants of slaves in the world still are affected by the same oppression their ancestors faced as they are poorer, less educated and have a lower quality of life for simply being darker than the status quo.
    I do not think his mother or his sister are the ones that are using this hashtag, so he is not calling "woman sluts" and he most definitely is not calling his mother a slut.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Sexist bakesale attracts stupid jerks and trolls... *Gasp* Im so surprised!
    I'm starting to think that modern day feminism is just a huge overreaction to online trolls. No one in real life says anything like that to anyone.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Tell me how women are oppressed in the civilized, western world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    How are women oppressed in modern western society?
    I don't believe in gender roles, but they're widespread and historically constant. They're useful to analyze because the value of a role's labor is a good indication of the value of the individual fulfilling the role. What this difference in the value of men's and women's labor amounts to is a discrepancy in the types of laws that protect female bodies vs. male bodies, a prioritization of male-similar genitalia in sex-assignment surgery for intersex persons, a discrepancy in wage labor rates between men and women for the same work, a discrepancy in the number of women and men participating in powerful political positions. A system of systems: medical, financial, legal, political -- all work harder to empower men and oppress women, than they do to empower women and oppress men, although, of course, there is some of each.

On a personal level, the things I've witnessed are, for example, the way a woman is more likely to be ignored in conversation, the way that a little boy is rewarded and encouraged in class by the teacher more generously than a little girl is, the way that my female-bodied friends find it more difficult to get a raise than their less capable male counter parts, the way that in my field, women I know have been habitually sexually harassed by their almost all male bosses. I'll cut it short here for space.

Deleted
    And what is the topic concerning this discussion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I'd complain about something like this. Sexism isn't good. What we are missing here though, is that the cupcakes would usually cost $1 for everyone, but now the incentive is a discount to people who may have been historically disadvantaged. It's still a cringe-worthy gimmick, but at least it's not actually penalising people directly. On the merits of the event, however, I am not exactly sold.

Deleted
    “I’m so glad I know this event is on, now I won’t have to sort through all the ugly chicks when I’m out clubbing cos they’ll all be at feminist week instead”
    apprently this count as misogyny and harassment

Everything that hurt their feelings is now misogyny and harassment, gotcha

kill all women
    They complain about this, but they started a few years ago the popular hashtag #killallmen smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Wage gap is a myth perpetuated by flawed studies that purposefully don't take all data into account in order to get the biased results they want.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Okay, that's it.

I'll take the infraction for this.

You have to be fucking stupid as fuck to not know what a banned topic is. If the list states NO GENDER DISCUSSIONS and then you bring up a discussion about a bake sale that has to do DIRECTLY with gender, then you're hands down one of the stupidest people I have ever met. When a topic is banned, it doesn't matter if it "sparks discussion".