Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Most people have no desire to raid mythics so it would make sense that a low pop server would not be able to field more than 1 mythic raid team. Honestly, as long as my guild is around I do not care if I see anyone else in game.
    True, I was a bit ambiguous in my statement. For those that do want to raid mythic, they're screwed for early progression until cross realm'ing is enabled. It's not very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    That the main content is instanced... really means that the "MMO" boils down to my guild... and my guild alone.
    With zero meaningful interactions happening with players outside that group.
    10 million players, or 15 players. Wouldn't change a thing as divided and isolated the player-base is.

Least those are the feels I'm left with.
    I agree. A lot of server companionship was sacrificed with cross realming. It's a blessing and a curse.

I can't believe there's only 4 MILLION people left for me to interact with. What ever will I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I can't believe there's only 4 MILLION people left for me to interact with. What ever will I do now?
    Sure lets say there's 4m playing the game. However on a low pop server there's only say 16,000 people. Of these 16,000 only a 1,000 or so want to raid. Of that 1,000 only 100 want to do mythic. Of that 100 only 15 or so are good enough to progress through it. That's the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Legion won't bring that many players as they are hoping, drought that's one year long can't be fixed so easy
    It's remarkable how many people were saying the exact same thing during the Mists content drought. And yet Warlords launch was messed up because people came back.

Let's say with the movie that everyone that buys a ticket gets a battle chest + Warlords and a free 30 days.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2785074/bli...movie-tickets/

Does that perhaps change your mind and your bet about a lot of people won't give it a try for a month? We don't know that the promotion will happen but given what they've done with server capacities with the 6.2.4 patch I'd say the odds went up a bit.

EDIT: And seriously. For those of you who think this is all some sort of scam and deny that the server populations changed overnight, the tweet from Blizzard CS and the rest: Is your trash-Blizzard agenda so important that you're willing to play the fool in public over this? Especially with the rumored movie promotions and an expansion coming in a few months after the clusterfuck that was the last expansion launch? No one is saying that people haven't left the game. But denying that they would increase their capacity with a movie and expansion coming up is just being obtuse to the point of looking silly.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-06 at 04:31 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What exactly will players be coming into though? Say someone brand new picks up the game with WoD from the movie. They may have never played an MMO before. They grind through all their levels in about 2 weeks and hit cap. Then they realize there really isn't anything to do and don't sub up/stop playing. They may be interested in raiding, but I can't say for sure that everyone will be. It's a bit disheartening tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    What exactly will players be coming into though? Say someone brand new picks up the game with WoD from the movie. They may have never played an MMO before. They grind through all their levels in about 2 weeks and hit cap. Then they realize there really isn't anything to do and don't sub up/stop playing. They may be interested in raiding, but I can't say for sure that everyone will be. It's a bit disheartening tbh.
    Brand new players who have never played an MMO before are unlikely to get from 1 to 100 in two weeks. Two weeks played maybe. But two actual weeks? Doubtful.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm not saying people arn't leaving this game, but I just came back about a week ago, and area52 has went from full to medium quite literally over night, that is not player migration, that's blizzard changing something.

Relax. The techs actually did increase realm capacity. On the US Realms, this was done over the extended maintenance we had a week ago.

It would seem that they are getting the realms ready for the launch of Legion. This way they don't have the same capacity problems like they had with WoD at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Spread across too many servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Why would they want to decrease capacity exactly?
    Why would you leave your car's engine running for the whole night? Waste of resources, such as electric energy. Servers being freed - is the major reason, why they started to develop several side projects, like Hearthstone, HOTS and Overwatch. I guess, they don't want to sell servers, they already have - those, they've bought for Cata, before it failed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Why would you leave your car's engine running for the whole night? Waste of resources, such as electric energy.
    As a network administrator, charged with the task of making sure that something like the Legion launch was avoided if at all possible and looking ahead to the summer and a Warcraft movie with rumors that everyone that sees it will possibly get the game, the expansions and a free month's time, why would such a person increase realm capacity now?

Beats the fuck out of me. Other than the fact that it makes perfect sense.

Server populations are really irrelevant now since things became cross realmed.

Deleted
    Which is false as low populations are cropping up again.

Who cares if people might come back at legion when the problem is for most of the time the server doesn't have enough players.

I find it funny that Blozzard is still dishonest to their customers. Looks like I am not going to pre-purchase Legion. That's right, money talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Server populations are really irrelevant now since things became cross realmed.
    Only thing what crossrealm did was let players abuse realm hoping nothing els.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Only thing what crossrealm did was let players abuse realm hoping nothing els.
    Irrelevant. It has still increased the amount of players you can interact with prior to a solo realm stand point, be it guilds, the AH, etc. [Connected Realms] as well as making otherwise dead zones and realms to be more alive with players.

Even the usage of LFG/R is an early version of it, so there's that massive convenience as well, before which you had to find people manually.

"Nothing else" my foot...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-04-06 at 06:52 PM.

my pet theory is that garrisons were instanced and so allowed the servers to have more people on them then if the garry wasn't instanced. And they need to increase the capacity for the servers and only a few players will be in instanced in the next expac.

while the population of a certain well known vanilla server grows healthily 8)

It happens every time we have a longer content drought. HFC has been out a very long time now and we'll be getting nothing new until Legion pre-expansion patch. I unsubbed too

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Spread across too many servers.
    That's why they connected them. If server populations actually got low (in numbers, not in text) they would merge more together.