Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ranked play has been added!

So as of the patch today ranked play has been added, heres the video form Jeff explaining it all in more detail if you want to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28555oaDI4

Basically you can queue solo or up to a party of 6 so everyone is welcome.
    There are 5 tiers, Challenger, Advanced, Expert, Master and Heroic. Everyone starts in Challenger and those are the order of ranks.
    There are 5 divisions in each rank and you get points and go up rank and get to the top rank heroic, which is the same as Hearthstones legend rank, in that you can't leave it and it shows your rank number against everyone else in that rank. The ranks also reset each months like they do in hearthstone, which seems to often for me but maybe you can rank up quickly.
    So it will be out for release since it is already in game.

So What does everyone think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    So as of the patch today ranked play has been added, heres the video form Jeff explaining it all in more detail if you want to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28555oaDI4

Basically you can queue solo or up to a party of 6 so everyone is welcome.
    There are 5 tiers, Challenger, Advanced, Expert, Master and Heroic. Everyone starts in Challenger and those are the order of ranks.
    There are 5 divisions in each rank and you get points and go up rank and get to the top rank heroic, which is the same as Hearthstones legend rank, in that you can't leave it and it shows your rank number against everyone else in that rank. The ranks also reset each months like they do in hearthstone, which seems to often for me but maybe you can rank up quickly.
    So it will be out for release since it is already in game.

So What does everyone think?
    Didn't watched the video - but fuck it, I'll complain anyway :P.

Did matchmaking system was altered for ranked play so premades will face ONLY other premades? If no, they can shove their rank mode up their ....

If yes - I won't believe it until I'll see it :P.

EDIT: Ok, watched it. The system will "try" to match premades with premades - I'll have to see it myself, I don't believe a word from blizz about any game design decision after Hots...
    Last edited by mmocbaf9e94c6f; 2016-04-06 at 11:33 AM.

As previous poster said: Need a good match makers first though.
    Still, great news. A game like Overwatch would probably not work without ranked for the more competative players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Didn't watched the video - but fuck it, I'll complain anyway :P.

Did matchmaking system was altered for ranked play so premades will face ONLY other premades? If no, they can shove their rank mode up their ....

If yes - I won't believe it until I'll see it :P.

EDIT: Ok, watched it. The system will "try" to match premades with premades - I'll have to see it myself, I don't believe a word from blizz about any game design decision after Hots...
    ROFL I love the way you complained that it needed to match premades against premades and then when you listened to the video complained that you will believe it when you see it xD

Test the hell out of it for refinements

Deleted
    ROFL I love the way you complained that it needed to match premades against premades and then when you listened to the video complained that you will believe it when you see it xD
    Hey, this is how I roll :P - especially when I hear word "try" from blizz rep.

On serious note. I'm just sceptical here. I get it that in casual mode there is no "strict" matchmaking and encountering a premade while your team is mostly random happens - it shouldn't, but hey, it's a non competitive playmode. When it comes to ranked there should be NO PSHYSICAL WAY that to happen. Period. No matter how long that 5 or 6 man premade would have to wait, it should never, ever get matched against a team full of randoms.

Deleted
    If we cant drop tiers how will Blizzard prevent players to abuse it? I can just hit expert drop my MMR by throwing games for myself and others then i will start playing again when i will be matched againts lower mmr (lower skilled) players so i will get easy wins.

They should also make best of 3 or 5 whe comes to matches this 2 match when 1 attack and 1 def and ig you loss one then win 2 oyu get this akward game mod where teams will compete over 1 cap objcetive just feels wrong.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2016-04-06 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing a couple of games, its pretty good at first you can't lose ranks so its very forgiving with that but I have found a flaw which hots suffers with too...the leavers. I had a game on Dorado (the payload map) earlier where 1 guy on our team didnt pick a character for the whole of our attack so it was 5 vs 6 so then 2 more people left by the end. When we were defending it was 3 vs 6 because of these 3 people. So 1 person ruined the game for 12 people because it doesnt fill ppl who lose. Everyone on their team was feeling really sorry for us and saying how unfair it was. Thank god you cant lose any points at that rank cos that was just so unfair.

After playing a couple of games, its pretty good at first you can't lose ranks so its very forgiving with that but I have found a flaw which hots suffers with too...the leavers. I had a game on Dorado (the payload map) earlier where 1 guy on our team didnt pick a character for the whole of our attack so it was 5 vs 6 so then 2 more people left by the end. When we were defending it was 3 vs 6 because of these 3 people. So 1 person ruined the game for 12 people because it doesnt fill ppl who lose. Everyone on their team was feeling really sorry for us and saying how unfair it was. Thank god you cant lose any points at that rank cos that was just so unfair.
    Good thing they decided to actually get it done for beta so they can fix shit like that. People suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good thing they decided to actually get it done for beta so they can fix shit like that. People suck.
    How are they gonna fix that tho? Unless everyone has to ready up before the game starts (actually thats a good idea). Same problem in hots tho, its inevitable in multiplayer when players dont get replaced.

You can't fix leavers if you play with random people. It has been a problem since forever. This is the reason i don't think solo queue in any team game should exist, but it's there because it's easier to play alone than recruit a full team.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    You can't fix leavers if you play with random people. It has been a problem since forever. This is the reason i don't think solo queue in any team game should exist, but it's there because it's easier to play alone than recruit a full team.
    Even when you will have team you will still play more solo then with team. + this issues are not presented for example in LoL. Punishment is very high upto permaban or unnable to pick up rewards. Just punish toxic community and reward good players. Really good way is to restrict several levels from being rewarded with loot box if you hvae benn punished for leaving, afking or flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Even when you will have team you will still play more solo then with team. + this issues are not presented for example in LoL. Punishment is very high upto permaban or unnable to pick up rewards. Just punish toxic community and reward good players. Really good way is to restrict several levels from being rewarded with loot box if you hvae benn punished for leaving, afking or flaming.
    That doesn't fix the problem of ppl wasting time and losing ranks in LoL when a leaver goes away. Yeah, you can ban the shithead but you still lost. And as much Riot is punishing bad behaviour, that community is a cesspool and everyone i know has at least another account to play with if a ban occurs.
    Probably with Overwatch it won't be such a common issue because the game is behind a paywall, thankfully and Blizzard is already testing punishment in beta for leavers, but i stand on my opinion: you will get a leaver even with punishment sooner or later and you will get mad. There is no fix for that.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

If we cant drop tiers how will Blizzard prevent players to abuse it? I can just hit expert drop my MMR by throwing games for myself and others then i will start playing again when i will be matched againts lower mmr (lower skilled) players so i will get easy wins.

They should also make best of 3 or 5 whe comes to matches this 2 match when 1 attack and 1 def and ig you loss one then win 2 oyu get this akward game mod where teams will compete over 1 cap objcetive just feels wrong.
    The same way league of legends and other games do it I imagine.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately my first game had somebody drop and we lost terribly but we tried to put up a fight at the very least. Tested 3 other games and aside from some disconnection issues it was pretty cool. People take it seriously and communicate with one another to win the game, it's amazingly different compared to normal games. Personally though I don't understand why they couldn't just throw somebody else in the match with you, the game is designed with 6 people in mind and you're at a huge disadvantage when you lose a person.

At the very least they should make the "loss" not count as badly for your ranking since it's out of your control.

Also the disabling of Soldier 76 was pretty crazy for me. Didn't realize how much I relied on him as a counter for certain heroes until they did that. I'm sure Ranked will be even better once he's back up.

How are they gonna fix that tho? Unless everyone has to ready up before the game starts (actually thats a good idea). Same problem in hots tho, its inevitable in multiplayer when players dont get replaced.
    Massive fucking penalties. I honestly think they should start taking levels away from people if they repeatedly leave matches. Get the sick mentality out of the game before it's even released.

Not in Beta so will wait till early access open beta to give this a spin but some things got me reserved.

- 1 month duration for ''seasons'' seems way too short.

- Not being able to drop divisions but only tiers, chance to create the same problem as in League during S4-5 which is people who are in the 5th tier of a division and don't try to win cause they can't drop back to the previous division anyway.

- Wonder how good the ''try to match premades with premades'' option works, imo they should have ranked solo/duo queue and team queues, so one side you can queue alone or with max 1 friend and on the other side you queue with 6 and get matched against 6.

I'm reserved cause when I play a QM on Heroes to relax for a bit I get waaaay to many tryhard 5 man premades against me with a perfect balanced team and with their tryhard tactics while being on discord or whatever they use.

Deleted
    I just don't understand why they are not doing it like in CS:GO. It has best system and it works really well.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...h&id=312582297

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The same way league of legends and other games do it I imagine.
    In other games you will loss your tiers if you lost too many games.

In other games you will loss your tiers if you lost too many games.
    Afaik in league you don't. If you get to say silver you'll never go back down to bronze unless you decay from not playing. And that continues as you go up different tiers.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.