10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Don't forget about the crashing turtles.
    Oh hell yes! How could I forget the turtles? Thank you...now I'm going to have nightmares

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    that was paid beta, not the same. you just bought your self into beta to funnel more money into blizzard hands with annual pass.
    What? What am I missing here? I didn't get the annual pass, I opted in and got picked. Did they have 2 seperate betas for those who paid and those who didn't? I don't understand your statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, past expansion testing phases didn't have a event where "Alpha's starting guys invites are going out."

No generally Alpha was all inhouse. Legion Alpha has been around for a VERY long time. This changes how the development of Legion is different to MoP, and WoD.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by janzy View Post
    It's very apparent that Blizzard devs communicate a lot between their different games. Jeff Kaplan from Overwatch has stated numerous times that he greatly regrets labeling the Overwatch beta as "Beta" when they did due to the enormous out cry of people not getting keys/ only watching streaners, in the gaming industry landscape today players associate beta as early access and open beta too much.

That's why this Alpha is so much further along and I think that is also why they are being cautious as to when they change the name.
    This is what I've been thinking through the whole "Why no beta" discussion. I even kind of assumed that's why it's still called "Alpha" after that whole shit show with Overwatch beta. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep it Alpha until release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    This is what I've been thinking through the whole "Why no beta" discussion. I even kind of assumed that's why it's still called "Alpha" after that whole shit show with Overwatch beta. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep it Alpha until release.
    considering how alpha/beta are generally internal stages of development, that won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    I still can't believe they added 3D armor, thought they'd have to make WoW2 or World of Starcraft/Diablo to do it.
    We still need 3d chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    that was paid beta, not the same. you just bought your self into beta to funnel more money into blizzard hands with annual pass.
    A beta is a beta, or are you trying to say they made MoP beta intentionally worse cause people ''bought'' themselves in ?
    This comment about it being a paid beta made no sense, also half of the problems you list in your '' its not beta ready yet post '' are things you still find throughout betas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I hope we get a diamond Magni mode
    What if Magni wants to reverse the Curse of Flesh on his diamond body?
    Would be awesome to have him back and...
    Well let's see what Blizzard is going to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Holinka - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/407343-random-bgs/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When we transition to beta, we will be disabling skirmishes for a short time to focus our numbers on battlegrounds. We'll then re-enable arenas a few weeks later. But sorry, I can't share when that will be.
    I take a couple of things from that
    (1) The developers are still seeming to treat the definition of alpha vs beta and the transition to beta as a meaningful milestone and something that will change the course of testing, not just an empty definition. A lot of people are using the theory that alpha vs beta is just a name and we are already basically in beta. That kind of works against that.
    (2) Beta still seems to be Soon-TM status as opposed to something that seems to be immediately imminent (i.e. this week or next).
    You read too much into it. What I read out of it is that Beta will be mainly be a big increase in testing pool size (ie more players).

Deleted
    I was hoping the Ravencrest armour would've been mail as well as plate as I was tempted for a moment to do a night elf survival hunter with a badass panther.

Deleted
    Look, everyone knows this is taking just way to long, especially being it the second time (5.4) so what if they are doing something much bigger after Legion? Ofcourse it's weird to think about "the future after Legion" but it aint weird if your alpha is taking 6 fucking month's while the live patch sucks donkey balls aswell. I mean they have a very big development team right? They said multiple times that the team behind WoW is so much bigger these days so what if they are, simple said, creating a sequel to WoW with Legion being this big, big, BIG conclusion to everything we loved and enjoyed about WoW.

A bit off-topic here... Rest in Peace Nostalrius: https://en.nostalrius.org/

The change.org petition has reached 3,400 signatures in 62 minutes

Edit: Another 200 signatures in 4 minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post

That petition wont solve anything

Don't really know why people are signing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Something something Vanilla, something something.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Something something Vanilla, something something.
    Move on, something something, move on.

Don't live in the past
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Move on, something something, move on.

Don't live in the past
    Meh, it was actually nice chill to play vanilla again after all that time while theres nothing on live.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Meh, it was actually nice chill to play vanilla again after all that time while theres nothing on live.
    Vanilla sucked

Vanilla has nothing to do with Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post

Very off topic. Take it to the nostalrius thread, please. This has literally nothing to do with Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the new Alpha Build is taking awhile. Maybe it's..big O_o

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    Vanilla sucked

Vanilla has nothing to do with Legion
    No one is talking about legion dude.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Seems the new Alpha Build is taking awhile. Maybe it's..big O_o
    Destro hype!!!