Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Literally no one has said that they would pay for a vanilla server in response to being called out. I find this comical.
    Leave Nostralius open but force people to have an active WoW account/subscription to play.

Gets rid of the freeloading scum. Problem solved.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    For the sake of argument why don't you just copy and paste your bullshit statement.

But I'll tell you right now ToU/EULA =/= intellectual property and copyright law.
    You take blizzard to court and sue them over the fact you have vanilla wow discs but can't play vanilla wow. See what happens.

It states in the ToU you rent the account off blizzard essentially. Therefore, your client version has to meet their server version to play. Educate yourself.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Um, I would sub to play a vanilla server. Happy?
    A whole one person so far, so much demand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    N00bs still die from packs of mobs when they get cocky. Or do you somehow believe that the AI has been changed? That 11 years ago they had more complex AI in questing mobs than today?

I frankly find it hilarious how people considering themselves good players can then turn around and proclaim how challenged they are by Classic...
    Funnily enough, they did.

Example: Mobs simply used to run way faster(No kidding). They also used to frequently give you nasty debuffs, stun you and run away towards other mobs and thus pulled more mobs.

Finally.

10 chars...

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I would, just to hit it up now and then and spend a couple hours here, a couple hours there on a trip down memory lane. $30/mo isn't exactly a bank-breaking investment for me as it stands, upping that to $45/mo doesn't really hurt much, either. Not everyone who was in support of these servers did so because "muh free wowzorz." I'm probably a very odd (and, I'll cop to it, somewhat pretentious) case in that I see this as part of a wider debate to be had in gaming in general regarding outdated or otherwise-unavailable games (including previous-expansion states in MMOs that do sweeping and radical changes like WoW, cartridge games from the early days of gaming, and games on proprietary disc formats) and preserving them in a playable state rather than simply letting them be lost to history.

I'd be fine with tossing out a sub fee to keep a playable 'museum' of WoW in its early incarnation if only for the sake of posterity with the added bonus that I get to go play on it whenever I want, maintenance providing.
    $45 dollars a month.

Forty Five.

Ok. I think I'm done. This is too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Are you being serious? It is exactly like pirating a film. They are literally stealing content (not just ideas) from Blizzard, along with Blizzards code (some shit rewritten) and core product. That IS pirating, why do you think to play on private servers you need to torrent it? I hope you're joking, though.
    Torrenting is a method of file transfer and that is it, nothing malicious about it. It may have association with Piracy but it isn't piracy. Just wanted to clear that bit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403
    couldn't pay the bills, lets blame blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    The fact that millions want to play legacy WoW doesn't tell how loyal they will be when they suddenly have to pay or how willing they are to continue playing after their nostalgia rush has receded.
    This is the exact same thing that happens with each expansion though, how can you not see the hypocrisy?

People got tired of the new expansion rush, and WoD plummeted in subscription numbers. It's likely far lower than 5.5 million or whatever the last reported census was.

It's a load of bull to say that old servers with professional code wouldn't be popular as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    it has nothing to do with AI. Lol. It's about the power curve, which is far more exponential post WotLK.
    Which means shit hits harder, has more HP and you hit like a wet twig, meaning the "challenge" comes from not being a fucking retard when handling the dumb AI or it'll take even LONGER than it already is tuned to take (on account of 1-60 leveling making up the brunt of the content for most people back then)...

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Leave Nostralius open but force people to have an active WoW account/subscription to play.

Gets rid of the freeloading scum. Problem solved.
    I mean anyone with a brain hasn't paid for a WoW sub since the tokens came out, so this wouldn't be a problem at all tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it wasn't their product to offer anyways. Didn't they accept donations as well, which is also against the rules of private servers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They wouldn't. Not enough of them. People like free stuff and they'll even fight to keep it free. See this thread.
    It's why comparing non-paid MMORPG sub numbers and paid MMORPG sub numbers are so disingenuous.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Guterboyryan View Post
    Well they blame everything else on Blizz, so why not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Sorry, I'm actually a long time republican. I just have some liberal views on certain topics.
    Then why criticize me for doing the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shh don't bring logic into this!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    God damn it! I had JUST found out about the server and made an account a couple days ago!

Why can't blizzard just make a Vanilla server and be done with it?! I don't give a rat's ass if it will ''split up the community'' I just wanna play Vanilla!
    They have said multiple times why they won't do it. Servers/code aren't around. If they were, the game would be buggy (unbalanced, etc) as it was back then and not patched. Server costs to please a very very very very very small % of players, etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    You are angry that Blue actually defeated some theft?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

People fucking paid $60,000 for a shitty private server's costs called Rebirth-WoW or something. Nostalrius is 20x more popular.

They would have no problem getting any costs covered if it came down to it in the end. It's obviously due to Blizzard demanding a shutdown. Don't be naive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    The server capped out at about 16k.
    Nope, try like 2.5-3k moose.