Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Wow. Why do so many people hate on the server and are glad that it's gone? If you didn't play on it, you weren't effected at all.
    But i guess you maybe can feel a bit better, if you know that thousands of people will be sad over that announcment. Pretty miserable.
    But in the long run everyone that plays the retail version is effected by pirate servers.

Fewer people to raid with. Dead servers. Blizzard making dumb decisions based on false assumptions made because so many are off just playing the game illegally.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Well, that makes my decision to not buy Legion ever so easier. One less customer to play your shitty retail.
    If you want to play vanilla you probably never was going to play live anyway. What changed?

Very good news.

Good job blizzard, i hope blizzard will sue for damages caused by this private server.

Stealing other people's hard work = theft = illegal = punishment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No. What would be fair is the owner of the copyright should have a say on how/when/who/why someone uses their work. I guess the tears of seeing another criminal being shut down is blinding you to reason. Do the tears sting?
    That's the thing. The owner should not have a say. Not unless they can prove they're being deprived of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If it wasn't, then why are corporations cracking down on the free streaming and download sites and shut videos down on youtube?
    Because they're under the assumption that it is. A lot of pirates will simply pass on a piece of media if they can't get it for free. No lost sale there. Note I said a lot, not all. I'm aware that a decent number of them use piracy as a try before you buy thing.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    An agreement is an agreement.
    Aside from the void/voidable/promissory estoppel contracts, pretty much true, between consumer and business.

There's a lot of nuance that's being lost in this thread though.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The salt is delicious.

Private servers are illegal, of course Blizzard would shut it down.
    Simple as this, people arguing otherwise are retarded.

I'm not against people playing Nost as vanilla/tbc was my favorite time in the game but it was obvious it was going to get shut down eventually.

On the flipside, this was a good time killer while waiting for the new alpha build to deploy.

Your sacrifice was not in vain, Nostalrius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop posting streams that are playing illegal content. Let Twitch handle that, promoting them here is not tolerated, even if the goal is to bring them down.

will deja vu ever strike again?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    if only there were a way to collect all that salt. I would not need table salt for years.
    Could put Morton out of business, heh.

Thank god the people on Nos don't play live, way to many idiots+toxic people.

Private servers are a stolen product from Blizzard, it's illegal, whether it's a dumb law or not. Popular WoW streamers like Soda and Cdew shouldn't have said anything about it, and the people who decided to stream it are even dumber. You don't steal shit from someone and then run to 10+ other people and tell them you stole it. That's just outright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    What you like can be done in the current game.

Of course, you'd be doing so with the garrison noose around your neck strangling the life and soul out of you, but that's one (of many) problems with the game as it currently stands.
    Must be pretty darned dumb to allow the Garrison "noose" to even come close to your neck though...Having it play a part on 10 chars because I choose for it to, and ignoring it on the remaining 23 works fine for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Jeeze. Why all the hate for private servers? After WoD blizzard don't deserve even half their current sub numbers, sure the old versions of the game aren't great, but that just makes it sadder and more pathetic that blizzard feel threatened by them.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    No crying but the retail stuff isn't real wow. Vanilla is
    Comedy gold right here.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    No crying but the retail stuff isn't real wow. Vanilla is, and they don't provide that version of the game anymore. It's like you're cheering that people are stuck with garbage retail now and that's it.
    That is like saying the current version of your self isn't the real one cause the real one is the one stuck 5years ago clinging to hes believes.

It is absurd nothing so far you have said makes any sense.

Blizz was prolly jealous to them cuz they had 12k+ players at peak time whereas a retail server has like 3k.

hahahahaha that was a shit move from blizz.

Vanilla WoW will live forever no matter what they do.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight most of you guys are actually happy about this? this didn't even effect you..

this is just Blizzard telling us what to play and what to do they can take their shitty retail version and shove it up their ass!

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Again, prove it. Go on, prove that the players there who weren't already fucking subscribed to retail AND playing on Nos actually give two squirty shits about the retail game and will now go running to Big Blue, throwing cash at them to get their fix. Go on, I'll wait. Not really, because I already know the answer. A lot of these people are just going to go to other private servers running past iterations of the game that they can't play anywhere else.

Shit, I could start a private vanilla server for me and my friends. Guess that'd be costing Blizz money too. Their precious not-even-available-in-this-form-anymore intellectual property would be stolen!
    And I would only hope that you got caught at it and suffered the financial burden associated with paying back what Blizzard can convince a judge that they potentially lost to you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That's the thing. The owner should not have a say. Not unless they can prove they're being deprived of profit.
    Regardless of whether or not profit is ACTUALLY lost, it's theft of Intellectual Property. Last I checked, it's illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!