Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Ehm what? what does spiderman movies have to do with classic wow exactly? Classic wow is over 10 years old. Blizzard doesn't even sell that product anymore. I mean classic wow is not even a cheap rental.
    Spiderman is an intellectual property. Everything Warcraft is an intellectual property. I mean damn dude...

Also Spider man is way more older than classic WoW is.

And Blizzard doesn't sell the product anymore? Oh damn, I guess that battlechest is no longer a thing? Oh but it's a bundle so it doesn't exist right?

But you think we own the intellectual property of everything wow afterall, so shouldn't expected intelligent conversation and only confusion from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes, because 12,000 people is a lot. Blizzard would make such a fortune!
    12k people online at the same time is not equal of 12k overall accounts..
    At least a moderator should have more brain here than flame

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I tired a Wotlk private server. The community was much worse.
    Love this fallacy that humans suddenly become more or less friendly based on what version of wow they're playing or what game they're playing.

Does a game have human interaction? Yes - It will have toxic people in it.

Hearthstone doesn't even have a fucking chat tab and people are still toxic with roping every turn and spam emoting.

Nostalrius could have just said fuck you and moved the servers somewhere else. What's Blizzard going to do? Send the internet police to France to arrest these hardcore criminals?

Deleted
    That is at one time... even then it is more then what any none raider server on live can boast. That is quite a nice chunk of change.

Deleted
    this show how affraid the criminals from blizzard are for the amazing server, they should throw those criminals from blizzard in jail for stealing money from ppl.
    I have no good word anymore for those filthy criminals, the only thing blizzard is good ad is stealing stealing and stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I am playing GTA V apart from Vanilla WoW. Wildstar is too childish for me and my other guidies, most of whom are over 25 and many in our 40's being original Vanilla players.

We also have families and work.
    Uhh wildstar isn't childish or a kids game

Are you saying that because of the art direction and graphics??

I guess if you see a black guy you think your gonna get robbed too...

Wildstar is the same rating as wow and is even darker in many areas, especially to vanilla
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Nostalrius could have just said fuck you and moved the servers somewhere else. What's Blizzard going to do? Send the internet police to France to arrest these hardcore criminals?
    That is, if they weren't about to shut down due to not being able to pay their bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Botters and gold sellers are bringing in money for them, they are not doing shit about it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$>everything else for blizz.
    It doesn't matter. IT'S THEIR IP.. They can do whatever the fuck they want with it. You have ZERO say in the matter. That you get to play the game at all is ENTIRELY at their will. What is so fucking hard for you people to understand about that? Just a bunch of self-entitled ingrates. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    This is even considering that people that were freeloading would choose to pay for it to begin with, no less...
    There would be some of course, but what are we talking about realistically here? 5 percent? 10 percent? Even if 50 percent of every private server actually chose to pay for their rest of their lives it still wouldn't begin to be worth the cost of making a separate server just for them. Which they wouldn't anyway. Give it a few months tops and they'll just migrate back to the private servers they started from.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Uhh wildstar isn't childish or a kids game

Are you saying that because of the art direction and graphics??

I guess if you see a black guy you think your gonna get robbed too...

Wildstar is the same rating as wow and is even darker in many areas, especially to vanilla
    The people who freak out about cartoony graphics never ceases to make me question humanity....

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if a private server isn't making any money off of it, it seems like a shitty thing to close it down like that.

must be butthurt that less and less people actually want the real thing.
    I don't know, technically Blizzard are in the right here. Private servers are very dubious and illegal in some cases. I can certainly sympathise with people longing for the 'old days' of WoW, though. I lost my interest in the game the moment Cataclysm wiped out almost all of the stuff that drew me into the game in the first place.

Unfortunately Blizzard isn't likely to ever offer that stuff again.

Almost 1 million active accounts. For an unofficial vanilla server.
    Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    That is at one time... even then it is more then what any none raider server on live can boast. That is quite a nice chunk of change.
    If the stats are true (130,000 active users) then thats on par with Runescape. Which was recently bought for $300 million. Lets wait for Darsithis to tell us how $300 million is nothing to my precious Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    12k people online at the same time is not equal of 12k overall accounts..
    At least a moderator should have more brain here than flame
    That is 12k on a realm that a lot of people didn't know about or would be put off of because it isn't allowed, etc. I would be interested in participation numbers if a vanilla realm was made available on live where everyone could just select it from the realm list and hop on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Try again.
    It was 700k accounts created, 130k ish active. Source, their own infographic.

WoW used to have interaction and server culture/relationships. Feuds, rivalries, alliances between guilds. AV would last days and would usually end with alliance wall-walking to Drek. There was a huge social aspect to the game. With every expansion, Blizzard has moved further and further away from that in exchange for "easier accessibility for new players". The soul of the game has been ripped from it.

I don't play on these private servers but I understand the draw. Money hungry Blizzard™ will not stand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Try again.
    So they claim.

So your telling me there is 1 million active accounts and all someone can show at one time is 16k people logged in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Darsithis and blizzard ball washing go hand in hand like butter on toast.
    Yeah, it's strange how some people basically worship Blizzard.
    I wonder if it is some evidence of a mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    That is, if they weren't about to shut down due to not being able to pay their bills.
    That could very well be factor. They were probably not getting much donations. They were low in funds and then boom Blizzard is now on to them.
    They probably were just done with it.