If there's any profit in keeping Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/etc realms up, blizz would definitely do so.

They did their maths many times, more times than any pro-Vanilla person on this forum ever did, but blizz answer is still no, cuz it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    3) Didn't do it for free
    They didn't. They had donations.

Soo... you're not fine with it then? Or am I going to hear excuses next?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they didn't even make any money

goes to show Blizzard can't stand it that a lot of folks hate their current version of the game and would much rather play an old version even if it means getting no new content ever
    They did. They opened for "Private donations" Where everyone gave their money to 1 person to "Donate" to the game. Those donations probably were due here soon but now magically won't be used. How much do you want to bet they simply shut down the server to bank those donations?

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Even if just parts of it is there it's not the same game. What you said was that vanilla wow is in the battlechest, which is thus false.

My statement about property is not stupid. I pointed out we spent a shitload of money on a game that is not there to enjoy anymore. So much money we could've bought the intellectual property. Of course they didn't see their property. Of course I don't know how much they would've sold it for. So the "kinda" means we didn't buy it, but we could have done it.

Most people read out this from my statement. But you just called me stupid. Can you still say what's stupid when I've typed it all out for you?

Why do you read things literally and not put it in context with the rest of things I said? It's like you read an article, just quote every word that says "stupid" and those quotes bases your understanding and opinion of the whole article.
    Most people read what you wrote, though wow that was stupid as fuck and moved on. I tried to fix that stupid as fuck, which many people agreed with me(not you.) Then I realized after 2 interaction i can't fix it. I know you want me to, but i'm not going to, i can't. But keep replying, i'm just gonna keep telling you how what you said was stupid as fuck, so if that's what you want. I'm not gonna stop you. Im sitting here bored watching tv anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Dont get it twisted, if the Nostralius people had as good of lawyers as blizzard it would still be active. Blizzard is just able to bully people that are causing no harm to them because they are jealous and mad
    If the Nostralius admins had lawyers as good as Blizzard, they wouldn't be able to afford to be up. They can barely afford it now and it's not exactly a given that they wouldn't have been forced to close soon anyway. Corporations, while legally people, don't get jealous and mad. They protect their interests.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    They did. They opened for "Private donations" Where everyone gave their money to 1 person to "Donate" to the game. Those donations probably were due here soon but now magically won't be used. How much do you want to bet they simply shut down the server to bank those donations?
    Considering the money had to go straight to the network guys and the guys running the show refused to touch it if someone did keep it it wasn't the guys that opened the original server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    That's like saying: "Why did they shut down Napster, it's not like they were making money!" They were stealing no matter how you slice it. Good riddance.
    I have a problem with this logic - stealing what, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    If there's any profit in keeping Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/etc realms up, blizz would definitely do so.

They did their maths many times, more times than any pro-Vanilla person on this forum ever did, but blizz answer is still no, cuz it's not worth it.
    What math? They refuse to even ask players if they want a vanilla server, and when it comes up, they say "you think you want it, but you dont". They have no clue how much interest a blizzard-run legacy server would generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I have a problem with this logic - stealing what, exactly?
    10 years old game that is no longer relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They didn't. They had donations.

Soo... you're not fine with it then? Or am I going to hear excuses next?
    how are donations and subscriptions the same exactly? Are you forced to pay or what?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont get it twisted, if the Nostralius people had as good of lawyers as blizzard it would still be active. Blizzard is just able to bully people that are causing no harm to them because they are jealous and mad
    Ha! Not a chance.... You think a team of lawyers is going to change anything? They STOLE intellectual property.... maybe the idea of IP doesn't make sense to you, otherwise I don't know how you could make such a claim. Here you go bud: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    how are donations and subscriptions the same exactly? Are you forced to pay or what?
    So excuses it is....

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If the Nostralius admins had lawyers as good as Blizzard, they wouldn't be able to afford to be up. They can barely afford it now and it's not exactly a given that they wouldn't have been forced to close soon anyway. Corporations, while legally people, don't get jealous and mad. They protect their interests.
    Sure thats why there are multiple other private servers still running and always will be. You can only protect something if its in danger, Nostralius was irrelevant to blizzard. Blizzard was just jealous that a bunch of broke nobodies were able to recapture people that said bye bye to them long ago. Thats my speculation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    10 years old game that is no longer relevant.
    This game no longer exist, they can't "steal" it. You also can't steal an IP. The only thing i can think of that they can "steal" is "consumers", but this argument is so stretched, because none of players who went for semi-vanilla experience would want live version of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They were already going to shut down on April 10th due to the bills. Last month they decided to stop taking donations and instead if you want to donate you have to go directly to the Server Host, who forces you to pay in bulk, in other words the whole bill or nothing. The bill wasn't paid. It was going down anyway but this is a convenient out for shitposters so they can blame Blizzard despite the fact that in this one instance they did everything by the book.

SOURCE:
    http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403
    If that's the case they should get a gofundme thing setup to keep it open.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So excuses it is....
    Accepting donations doesn't make something not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Ha! Not a chance.... You think a team of lawyers is going to change anything? They STOLE intellectual property.... maybe the idea of IP doesn't make sense to you, otherwise I don't know how you could make such a claim. Here you go bud: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property
    no youre right, you are clearly a legal scholars lawyers are stupid and expensive and wont change anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting move by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    At the very least I hope they reconsider their stance about Vanilla servers, clearly many players would love to play them again.

I've always loved the idea of some sort of seasonal servers where they progressively open instances so that guilds can compete first kills up to WotLK and reset them afterwards, or something along those lines kind of like D3 seasons, oh well.
    You have no clue on the logistics of opening a legacy server. The manpower and resources to update old code to work with battle.net and all its features. People went to private servers because they DON'T want to pay for a subscription and that isn't going to change. Are people going to pay $15 a month for something that will never see bug fixes, no new content because its Legacy server, hours or days waiting for a CS staff to unstuck your character. How much resources do they pull away from their main team to do all of that and NOT piss off the people paying for new content?

I see people claim that they brought Vanilla WoW. Guess what there is no Vanilla WoW. It has been and continue to be World of Warcraft. As such they can sue operators of private servers and even hosting companies because every version of World of Warcraft and all its expansions is Blizzard's IP.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    no youre right, you are clearly a legal scholars lawyers are stupid and expensive and wont change anything
    Excellent counter argument, my friend. Truly this is a thread for the ages.

I think you just can't admit that you are 100% wrong. This isn't some subjective discussion about opinion, this is fact.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.