Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I lol everytime I read a blizzard fanboy defending that shitty company...sad part for them, and they know it very well, that they never experienced vanilla and will never be able to understand how an MMO is fun with solid communities... they are the pandaland gaming generation of free epic and streamlined gaming.... we will find another way and host a vanilla private on another country, but you will always stuck in the shitty empty servers of the shitty game, that probably is under 3 millions now... now que to your LFR to feel like a raider hahahahahahahahahah
    I have played Classic WoW since the end of 2005, and I have played every expansion. I have not raided original Naxxramas or BWL, but I did run MC and ZG/AQ20 quite often, have been raidlead in Karazhan and several WotLK raids, did some successful ZA timeruns, was one of the people who did the guild first clear of the Mt. Hyjal raid and was always there when my guild did progression runs (not only on farm nights), have run some heroic raids in WotLK and still dabble in normal/heroic raids now and then.

While I have invested more time into LotRO and Neverwinter during Cata and MoP (because of RL friends who played these games), I know what I speak about when I say I don't want Classic back. I want them to improve the game, because the current state is bad, but WoD is STILL BETTER THAN CLASSIC. Period.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-04-07 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nostralius should just change their host to a country where it's legal to have a private server, then that legal document can be used as toilet paper instead.

it doesnt matter.....

it is at this point that people are working together to bring the server back up.

the community there is nothing like the communities seen in the current live servers or most of the other private servers... they are extremely helpful and dedicated.

does anyone really think anyone would lift a finger if blizzard had troubles? anyone from their current player base? pfftt... more than one that is currently playing there would smile watching the servers melt forever.

if i have noticed anything, is that the current live servers community sucks... it is just as bad as that of call of duty and such games where kids do nothing but polish their swearing skills, nerd rage, and look down on others.

all the zones are brimming with people of all levels .. low instances are challenging... leveling is a hoot and you die more often than not... and based on their numbers, plenty of people enjoy that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Blizzard are the ones refusing to make legacy servers. They can hardly complain that other provide what they refuse to. So fuck off hypocrisy ?
    That is your justification? Blizzard does not want to provide it so that gives you and them the rights to do this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nostralius should just change their host to a country where it's legal to have a private server, then that legal document can be used as toilet paper instead.
    There are more than a few people currently working on that. I, for one, am cheering them on and am willing to donate to see it get off the ground.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Blizzard are the ones refusing to make legacy servers. They can hardly complain that other provide what they refuse to. So fuck off hypocrisy ?
    Yes they can, it's their property, they can decide whatever they want to do with it. It has absolutely nothing to do with hypocrisy.
    You simply cannot steal someone else their intellectual property that cost millions of dollars and thousands of hours to make, and exploit it to a specific customer base, paying or not.

It's theft, it's really that simple.

What concerns me most is the amount of guys and girls in this thread that have no issues at all with property theft.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-04-07 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

it is at this point that people are working together to bring the server back up.
    its at the point where they are trying to start a war against company that has ton of lawyerso n their disposal - if they were smart they wouldnt poke the bear so openly.

all this bs about non-profit organization doesnt mean a thing if said organization would be part of criminal activity that stealing of intelectual property is.

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    If you're so concerned about people "stealing" Blizzard's "intellectual" "property", why don't you care about something that matters, instead. Like this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...aft-theme-park
    Maybe because China is a country that doesn't have much respect for international copyright laws, making any case about stolen copyright and copyright infringement not even get off the ground?

Well that is what happens when the server grows too much for Blizzard's money people's liking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its at the point where they are trying to start a war against company that has ton of lawyerso n their disposal - if they were smart they wouldnt poke the bear so openly.
    Oh, please...all they have to do is start over in Finland and they're untouchable.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Oh yeah I can see it now.

"BLIZZ WE'D BE WILLING TO PAY $15 A MONTH FPR VANILLA SERVERS!!!! GIVE US PLS!!!!!"

Blizzard caves in and thing quiet down for a few months. Then...

"BLIZZ WHY ARE YOU MAKING US PAY FOR CONTENT THAT'LL NEVER BE UPDATED. TOTALLY UNFAIR BLIZZ."

"OH AND TAKE AWAY THE PVP GRIND. YOU THINK WE HAVE TIME FOR ONLY ONE PERSON TO BE GM/HW A MONTH!!! FFS BLIZZ!!!!"
    The whiners who want everything instantly can always play the final version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWorksALot View Post
    I think it comes down to the fact that many people dont see private servers as an "issue" and therefore will champion the cause if the have a dog in the fight
    That's pretty much what it boils down to, yes. I've had some of my free (as in beer*) created content being sold illegally in the past so I tend to side with the content creators.

* that means it wasn't being sold for any sort of monetary value, I'm not sure if anyone uses that expression anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I wonder how many would play if those servers would cost 10$ each month...
    The only reason I have an active subscription on the current wow was to play on the private server. Now I don't have any reasons anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    @ Nostalrius players & WoW Vanilla enthusiasts:

Members of the Nostalrius community will re-host Nostalrius in Finland as a non-profit organization under Finnish Law.

Hosting a private server is absolutely 100% legal in Finland. Doing so is is NOT CRIMINAL and it is explicitly sanctioned in the Finnish copyright act, Sections 25j and 25k.

Furthermore, according to the Finnish law, membership in an organization is considered personal information and thus the new non-profit organization may not provide your membership information or confirm or deny the fact that you are a member to any 3rd party, such as Blizzard.

Look for more information at the Nostalrius forums.

In the unlikely event that Nostalrius will ever face any issue while being hosted in Finland in the future, the volunteers will just move the server to the Russian Federation, where it will be outside the reach of the USA or the EU, exactly like the Russian Private Vanilla Wow Server "Valkyrie".
    Good.

Who was naive enough to think you can stop people from geting what they want?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I wonder how many more times we're going to see this bullshit posted as if it's making any actual point.

I guess I'll repeat myself again:

You're using a SINGLE SERVER that people had no choice but to play if they were using this particular hosting place versus a game that has over 200 servers just for the US realms alone. The idea that you're somehow comparing this one zone (Which was full of people right after the announcement was made so that even more of them were online throwing a fit) to the entire playerbase is laughable at best, and downright purposefully disingenuous at worst.
    It had 150000 active players.

So whatever, fag.

Deleted
    Current wow is dead to me, it feels so hollow and rotten. I managed to get to lvl 42 on nostalrius, and it was the most fun I had in years. People are talking, people are walking, they ask for help and take initiative, people go to taverns and talks like it was a forum, it feels so alive, and fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Yes they can, it's their property, they can decide whatever they want to do with it. It has absolutely nothing to do with hypocrisy.
    Only where they reside. It's not their property internationally in every country because some have quite different laws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

Look for more information to the Nostalrius forums.

Blizzard can't win this, exactly like they have been unable to touch the Russian Private WoW server "Valkyrie" for the past 12 years or so.

Remind me in 10 years on his living situation. Will be fun to see Blizzard taking everything from him, his grandchildren, his grand-grandchildren and so on. Do people really believe they can take on Blizzard and win?

Holy fuck, ignorance is bliss indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Oh, please...all they have to do is start over in Finland and they're untouchable.
    And the company they used? That isn't. Are you all okay with using a company and the moment things go bad throwing them to the wolves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    There are more than a few people currently working on that. I, for one, am cheering them on and am willing to donate to see it get off the ground.
    Good, I wish them all the best. I never played on Nostralius, but it'd still be nice to see blizzards stupid French law flushed down the bog. Others survived the same thing, Nost can pull through too.