Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    And what does the quote from Ghandi have to do with a god complex? Are you just typing in random words?

Funny, that's exactly what you are.
    The fact that you would link such a quote that is often referenced for actual oppressed groups that are striving for real equality is a joke. It shows that you're just a petulant child whining about no longer having access to stolen intellectual content that was ripped and hosted by a private website.

But please continue to say that's what I'm doing here. I'm sure you're making actual points here and not just going around insulting people who dare to point out that Blizzard was wholly in the right to do what they did.

Like I said, dat god complex is astounding right now.

I generally didn't care that they shut this server down, but now I'm indulging in a bit of schadenfreude if even a significant minority of people acted with the pretentiousness that you did about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Except they aren't criminals, they're content creators (At least in progressive nations).
    I'm sorry, but you're not a 'content creator' if you deliberately and knowingly obtain software you're not supposed to have access to, through illegitimate means, reverse-engineer it to duplicate an access server for said software, using it in a way that is potentially damaging to the IP's owner.

That is what pirate servers are doing, and whoever creates them are criminals, and should be dealt with as such.

It could say "your ass belongs to us" that wouldn't make it true.
    The game belongs to me, period.
    If you think about it Blizzard can prevent you from accessing their servers, and your account on their website, thus the retail game you have in your hands worth nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    That's just absolutely stupid.

It's a private server, they're not allowed. That's why it got shut down. Blaming anyone but the people hosting it is stupid.
    Hundreds more popular private servers exist, yet remain open and unchalleneged. This is the first time blizzard has taken action against private servers in a very long time. This server in particular just got very popular with many "WoW celebs" thus spread around a lot more than your typical private server.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll never buy another Blizzard-related title in my life.

Greedy fucking bastards destroying a tiny little microcosm within an already shrinking community.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    If you're so concerned about people "stealing" Blizzard's "intellectual" "property", why don't you care about something that matters, instead. Like this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...aft-theme-park

But no, instead you care about a couple of people playing peacefully on a server of a game that Blizzard doesn't even support anymore.

Retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    This, and all posts like it, are laughable. You stream movies and download music which is equally illegal. So LOL
    I don't. All the stuff I stream is legally licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're not a 'content creator' if you deliberately and knowingly obtain software you're not supposed to have access to, through illegitimate means, reverse-engineer it to duplicate an access server for said software, using it in a way that is potentially damaging to the IP's owner.

That is what pirate servers are doing, and whoever creates them are criminals, and should be dealt with as such.
    TBH I'm a big fan of thsoe content creators in china.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by SirWorksALot View Post
    True, but that would only take care of those that posted on their own forum, what about those that don't?
    You can't do anything about that, but it's just funny to think about people who voluntarily give themselves up being the ones getting in trouble.

It could say "your ass belongs to us" that wouldn't make it true.
    The game belongs to me, period.
    Reminds me of the South Park Episode about Apple's Humancentipede, companys cant just write something into their Terms of Service and suddenly make it the Law for everyone that signs it, even tho im quite sure that the Lawyers that wrote these Terms knew what is in their Law to do and what not so i wouldnt be too sure about that.

Also, just want to /facepalm at the amazing retardness of people who try to paint piracy as some kind of ugly crime. Hearing them, you'd think we're talking of murder or rape...

(especially in this particular case, where the piracy is more or less self-inflicted by Blizzard)

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious the amount of people QQing on facebook on pages that report these news like PCgamer or Kotaku, commenting that they were doing nothing illegal as they weren't charging the players and that Blizzard is just greedy.

How the fuck can people be so moronic?

Earlier in the thread people have pointed out that they were selling "donations" by offering gear with said "donation" (which is the dreaded Pay-to-win that people get upset about). That's the de-facto reason why Blizzard won because they were making money off of it. Doesn't matter if it was for just hardware or not, they were making money via selling a product they (blizzard) created.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Still waiting...
    Did you even read the post you are assaulting him on? Or are you just having fun with him?

If you're so concerned about people "stealing" Blizzard's "intellectual" "property", why don't you care about something that matters, instead. Like this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...aft-theme-park

But no, instead you care about a couple of people playing peacefully on a server of a game that Blizzard doesn't even support anymore.

Retards.
    What exactly can Blizzard do to China which is quite famous for refusing to follow international copyright laws?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Hundreds more popular private servers exist, yet remain open and unchalleneged. This is the first time blizzard has taken action against private servers in a very long time. This server in particular just got very popular with many "WoW celebs" thus spread around a lot more than your typical private server.
    That's because those other private servers aren't dumb enough to set up shop in a place they can get legally attacked.

Heh. I dicked around with Nostalrius a bit when I got bored and wasn't playing on retail. Only made it to around level 50 before I lost interest though. /shrug. Not a massive loss to me, I guess. My reaction to this is "Well shit. That sucks. Oh well, time for lunch."

I'm actually more surprised about the fact that Nostalrius lasted as long as it did before this happened. It was one of the most popular private servers out there (if not the most popular) and had been around for quite a while. I'd be really surprised if Blizzard only just now found out about them.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-07 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Earlier in the thread people have pointed out that they were selling "donations" by offering gear with said "donation" (which is the dreaded Pay-to-win that people get upset about). That's the de-facto reason why Blizzard won because they were making money off of it. Doesn't matter if it was for just hardware or not, they were making money via selling a product they (blizzard) created.
    I believe they never offer pay-2-win, which is why it was so popular. They still made profit via donations though, and co-opted with a for-profit hosting company that were being paid to host the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Neat, link to the source?
    @ Nostalrius players & WoW Vanilla enthusiasts:

Members of the Nostalrius community will re-host Nostalrius in Finland as a non-profit organization under Finnish Law.

Hosting a private server is absolutely 100% legal in Finland. Doing so is is NOT CRIMINAL and it is explicitly sanctioned in the Finnish copyright act, Sections 25j and 25k.

Furthermore, according to the Finnish law, membership in an organization is considered personal information and thus the new non-profit organization may not provide your membership information or confirm or deny the fact that you are a member to any 3rd party, such as Blizzard.

Look for more information at the Nostalrius forums.

In the unlikely event that Nostalrius will ever face any issue while being hosted in Finland in the future, the volunteers will just move the server to the Russian Federation, where it will be outside the reach of the USA or the EU, exactly like the Russian Private Vanilla Wow Server "Valkyrie".

Look for more information to the Nostalrius forums.

Blizzard can't win this, exactly like they have been unable to touch the Russian Private WoW server "Valkyrie" for the past 12 years or so.

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I pretty sure you would be pretty angry if other people were stealing your revenue or profiting from your work without your permission.
    Blizzard are the ones refusing to make legacy servers. They can hardly complain that other provide what they refuse to. So fuck off hypocrisy ?