Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    If anything, this will clearly illustrate the demand for nostalgic servers. Blizzard should pay attention.
    They peaked at what, 6000 active players?

All it shows is that there's a very small public who is not willing to pay for an inferior product. Yeah, let's market to that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Remind me in 10 years on his living situation. Will be fun to see Blizzard taking everything from him, his grandchildren, his grand-grandchildren and so on. Do people really believe they can take on Blizzard and win?

Holy fuck, ignorance is bliss indeed.
    "I don't understand how law works."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its at the point where they are trying to start a war against company that has ton of lawyerso n their disposal - if they were smart they wouldnt poke the bear so openly.

all this bs about non-profit organization doesnt mean a thing if said organization would be part of criminal activity that stealing of intelectual property is.
    As soon as the company is registered as a non-profit org in finland, Blizzard can't touch it due to finnish laws that makes it legal. atleast that is what people are saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    No, 150000.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Oh, please...all they have to do is start over in Finland and they're untouchable.
    tell that to organization called interpol.

Deleted
    I bought vanilla and tbc expansion back in the day. Does anywhere in the ToS account for the major changes made to the game? Because if I buy a product I think it is supposed to work as it were when I bought it.

Deleted
    Well it seems nostalrius will come back up, illegal or legal, doesn't matter, different countries, different laws, so they just need the server and their HQ in some 3rd world country and blizz can cry all it wants but nothing will happen. Honestly, should've just do this at the start, but seems they forgot about the legal issues and it just got out of hand for em. People will allways get what they want and allways find a way to keep it, blizz only choice remaining is to decide if they want in on this market or not, but it seems lately they don't rly give a fuck about wow, atleast thats how it looks like after wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    As soon as the company is registered as a non-profit org in finland, Blizzard can't touch it due to finnish laws that makes it legal. atleast that is what people are saying.
    depends if they manage their donations correctly, actually. a non-profit is not immune if they take an unreasonable amount in donations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    with a free to play model. How many players would actually pay a monthly fee for such servers?

Deleted
    When will these mongoloids understand that state laws override the fucking Terms of Service of some random game. Blizzard doesn't write the law.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Remind me in 10 years on his living situation. Will be fun to see Blizzard taking everything from him, his grandchildren, his grand-grandchildren and so on. Do people really believe they can take on Blizzard and win?

Holy fuck, ignorance is bliss indeed.
    Yes, they can't touch the Russians. I dare you and Blizzard, go close down any Russian Private server.

"THIS IS RUSSIA"
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    serious question, how many of them are hosted on 3rd party servers vs. by the private server owners themselves, and how many are in jurisdictions blizzard had effective legal options?
    I'd guess all of the servers with over 100 players likely use 3rd party servers. Unless they have the money(which some servers make donations mandatory if you wish to have the best gear) to buy their own servers. I don't know where most of them host their servers, would be something to look up yourself, but I know a lot of them are in france and russia, and only a few in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    "I don't understand how law works."
    I find it funny that people think that a country will give a flying fuck about a game-server. This thread is riddled with moronic and ignorant posts, and people clinging to whatever argument they try and find. I seriously hope the server rots in hell and that the guy claiming that he's fine with taking Blizzard heads-on, crashes and burns.

All it shows is that there's a very small public who is not willing to pay for an inferior product. Yeah, let's market to that!
    With 800,000 registered players, And no they didn't, They had a peak of 15,000

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    And nothing of value to me was lost.
    There, fixed it for you. Personally, I wouldn't use my time to play vanilla again, especially not on a private server but I think it's a dick move for Blizzard to go after the few people that do. I mean Vanilla is such ooooold content, it's not like this is costing them any subs.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    When will these mongoloids understand that state laws override the fucking Terms of Service of some random game. Blizzard doesn't write the law.
    When will any of you give a crap about the peoples livelihoods you are ruining because you aren't defending the original hosting company, noones even mentioning it despite the fact blizzards after them due to the server YOU all played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    It had 150000 active players.
    Amusing how that's being sold instead of the 15k peak concurrent players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no Blizzard took action against someone who used their property :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    The subscription numbers speak for themselves. If you say every expansion is an improvement compared to the previous one you're disagreeing with millions of people.
    And also agreeing with the other millions of people who play the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Amusing how that's being sold instead of the 15k peak concurrent players.
    If you dont understand how big 15k concurrent users is on one server let me remind you that original WoW had 3-4k before queues started.

Dumb