to make Classic servers profitable for blizzard. they would have to charge more for them.
    like idk $15 a month for current expansion
    $30 a month for classic
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I still believe they did a wrong move, unless they have something planned of their own. You don't break a community that have no impact whatsoever on your product - even more so when it's community driven! Considering the fact that none of the nostalrius devs made a penny from this, it's astounding that Blizzard felt the need to close it.
    Do you have 100% certain they didn't made a penny from this? They had a Donations button very visible in the site up until 3-4 months ago. Plus, they recently asked people to pay for a hardware upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    The biggest error blizzard ever done was make expansions and not stand alone games. I know vanilla Warcraft would be populated a long with BC and WOTLK, the rest would naturally be abanonded with single servers.

You don't actually know that, you just liked that game.

To be honest, wotlk and mop are WAY better than vanilla in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Wonder how many wrath babies would change there tune once they get a sip of the real Warcraft.
    It's hilarious that you have some sort of pride for playing a game before other people.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The boost is directly aimed at new players. That could not be more about new players. It's even advertised as such. "Jump right in with your friends..."
    Boost could be applied either way. It definitely helps new players, and it could also benefit returning players (level 60+ getting professions maxed out automatically in addition to the boost).

Wouldn't necessarily call it a "feature" of WoD. Who's to say the boost idea hadn't been stirring in the pot for a few years already?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yep but I think its pretty clear that Blizzard has no intentions whatsoever to make Vanilla servers.
    And this is relevant why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You said those people won't come back.

And...
    ... In the happening that they closed down the PS server. As in, they wouldn't get those players to play retail WoW just for closing down a pserver. I know for a fact that a lot of people would have loved a Blizz sanctioned and supported legacy server, as that was a discussion we often had in guild and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Oh great, another one of these. Stealing is only bad cause you remove the original.. you cant "steal" intellectual property.

So yea, Id be completely fine if someone 3d printed my old car (if I had one) but Id still keep the original
    OK so lets say you had to pay for all the R&D, development, manufacturing, and so on for this car. Now someone leaves your car but makes a free copy of it, now would you think it was fine for them to do it and not pay you anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    They do affect them, blizzard is suddenly under pressure to create good games.

But nevermind, another server with a 10 year old game shut down. PHEW GUYS, WE DODGED THE BULLET, WE CAN CONTINUE TO BE LAZY AGAIN AND POUR ALCOHOL OVER OUR NAKED BODY BTW LOL SOMEONE SHOULD REALLY START LEGION BETA EVENTUALLY!
    I asked how it affected Zanjin, not how it affected blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    to make Classic servers profitable for blizzard. they would have to charge more for them.
    like idk $15 a month for current expansion
    $30 a month for classic
    Yeah I want to know where you got those numbers from and why? It would be cheaper to maintain the classic servers, you know considering they've already done it and it would be bug free.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Well they shoot themselves in the foot atleast for me and i bet for many pissed guys posting here, i planned to give legion a shot (=buy expansion + sub) after this shit i even unsubbed to newsletter and i'm not going to watch movie when it's out coz i don't want to hear anything from them anymore, they are going to take EA's place as the worst SH out there if they keep acting like this
    That would require Blizzard to push things out before they're ready which doesn't happen. EA will forever be known as the company that releases beta's as final product to make promised release dates.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Based on what.
    based on interest of classic servers. which is very little right now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I don't even understand the lost sales argument. The people playing private servers are usually not customers for retail WoW, so they're essentially arguing that Blizzard lost a customer they never had to begin with.

You can't lose what you never had.
    Wrong, at least from what I have seen and experienced on Nostalrius. Majority of my social guild was composed of people who pay for retail or were going to resub after Legion launch. Myself included - when I was playing on Nost, I was subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That would require Blizzard to push things out before they're ready which doesn't happen. EA will forever be known as the company that releases beta's as final product to make promised release dates.
    So you're going to pretend WoD didn't happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to steal a book tomorrow rewrite it word for word and sell it for free, hope the author don't mind....
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Good, it was intellectual theft no matter what bullshit arguments people want to try and make up. I don't understand the drive behind vanilla servers, vanilla was BY FAR the worst WoW ever was (shit tier difficulty, massive time/farm investment, extremely limited bagspace especially as I played a warlock, the most boring rotations ever, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

cool beans? hard to not side with Blizz on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    sell it for free,
    that seems like a great deal
    i want to buy things for free

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    True, so they should not be able to play it, simple as that!

/closed
    Start by /closing your filthy fanboy mouth first.

Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-07 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am going to steal a book tomorrow rewrite it word for word and sell it for free, hope the author don't mind....
    Hmm, how to apply that anology to a book that is no longer on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

I don't play on pservers, and I'm one of the people who thinks an official vanilla server is stupid because people will stop playing it after a month when their nostalgia wears out.

My question was why do you hate pservers, they don't affect you
    It doesn't effect me, it effects the company I pay for a game I support. So I want what's best for the company. It's as simple as that. Cheat the company I support and I feel no sympathy. Not a fanboy, it's the same with anything you buy. If you like to eat at a certain restaurant then you don't want someone nobody to come by and steal their menu and take some customers. It effects the income of the place, it's not like blizzard will shut down over it, but it shifts their attention.

It effects me, so it effects other people as well.