Poll: Are the new Artifact Skins going to be on the Cash Shop?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Cash Shop Artifact Skins?

All of the artifact skins currently in the alpha are 'evolutions' of the base artifact, but now we have these really different alternative skins:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252303/a...eapon-appearan

Do you think Blizzard is planning on giving these out as rewards in game in some fashion or are they going to be cash shop skins?

And if they ARE cash shop skins, do you like/dislike that?

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope they're not buyable from the shop, but it's not gamebreaking so i wouldnt be that mad to see SOME on the shop...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a strong feeling you're on to something buddy.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

What the toot, I kept trying to select NO and it kept selected YES then submitted itself oO
    Firefox what are you doing D:

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    What the toot, I kept trying to select NO and it kept selected YES then submitted itself oO
    Firefox what are you doing D:
    Muhaha my poll is a trap!

It honestly depends on the future of artifacts, really.

I think it would be an incredibly unimpressive idea so I expect Blizzard to announce it next week.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    of all the things to be a Shop item, this is the most likely, and by most likely i mean an incredible stretch.

i guess by some small chance towards the end of the expansion if artifacts are really really liked, maybe.. just maybe they might release ONE set of skins to help some relief organization.

but really.. given how absolutely pathetic the player base has been over the last 18 months, Blizzard cant do anything good for anyone or anything right now. so i doubt we will see the skins becoming a cash shop item until we are well into Legion and have a better sense of judgement on the expansion.

also what @Archibalde said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I'm about 99.999% sure some of the artifact skins will be cash-shop. I doubt blizz will be dumb enough to have them at launch, but I'm betting we will have them show up on the shop on or before the first major patch.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Sure thing. Right after they remove the monthly fee.

What? Can't have both, cmon.. greed is bad.

nope stupid idea /thread

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    All of the artifact skins currently in the alpha are 'evolutions' of the base artifact, but now we have these really different alternative skins:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252303/a...eapon-appearan

Do you think Blizzard is planning on giving these out as rewards in game in some fashion or are they going to be cash shop skins?

And if they ARE cash shop skins, do you like/dislike that?
    But your logic is that all the previous ones have been an evolution of the original artifact which is not true. Also some of these new skins are an evolution of the first artifact so you are totally wrong and just speculating crap to stir drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    The less they put on the cash shop, the better. The game needs ingame rewards to pursue outside raiding, not 5-6 recycled models to make the shit you get off the Credit Card raid boss stand out more.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I wouldn't be surprised to see one cash shop variant per artifact weapon. And I wouldn't be mad about it.

But I don't think those are them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said before that the skins would be from achievements and other feats. Please don't start bullshit rumors to complain about.

Definitely possible. I expect some form of artifacts on the cash shop.

"Buy now the infamous Corrupted Ashbringer as an Artifact Skin on the World of Warcraft Ingame Shop for only 19.99$!"

Deleted
    Probably rewards from new Mythic CM/Rifts

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were trying to get good-will back, not kill it even more

If its in cash shop, ppl gon flip their shit
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Blizzard has said before that the skins would be from achievements and other feats. Please don't start bullshit rumors to complain about.
    Not that I think the cash shop idea is likely, but the expansion is still in Alpha/whatever we're calling it, and there's nowhere they ever said exactly where all of the appearances come from or will come from.

Some of these are certainly for future content most likely - there are already several appearances in the Alpha with unlock conditions, one can reasonably assume these would be for later patches and have their own unlock requirements, but it's not absolutely certain how they'll get in our hands, as some of them are pretty radical changes - an axe for Arms instead of the 2H sword, and axes for Fury, also instead of 2H sword, Flail for paladin, etc.. So anything's possible at this point.

I'd like to think they'll ultimately just be part of new patch content - Blizzard seem to be pretty intent on giving more options to play at the cap this time around.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.