Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hes not wrong in the sense that people should stop trying to get living quarters by themselves on a single persons wage.

Having room-mates is like having a married couple. Twice the income.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Hes not wrong in the sense that people should stop trying to get living quarters by themselves on a single persons wage.

Having room-mates is like having a married couple. Twice the income.
    Shouldn't need any room-mates.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Take ur fake ass story somewhere else.
    Because being a grownup is now fake top kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, we should all be comp sci majors and engineers making 70k+ -________________-

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Why not?

Because you feel entitled to your own place?

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Only alone people are independent LMFAO
    And yet you said you was independent while living with roomates who took care of half the bills....

Once again that makes you a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not?

Because you feel entitled to your own place?
    Because jobs of all types should provide a liveable wage for each person. Liveable doesn't mean 3 cars and a boat. It means you can pay for the basics in your area (Food/Rent and healthcare when needed).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You used others to make your bills cheap so you could save up. If it wasn't for the fact you used others you would not have gotten to where you are.
    Using people is not necessarily a bad thing. You just need to make sure you treat them as people still. This is something that even Immanuel Kant has talked about (with his categorical imperative): "it is immoral to use another person merely as a means to an end, and that people must, under all circumstances, be treated as ends in themselves" (according to Wikipedia).
    CAPITALIZATION IS VITAL.
    "I helped my uncle jack off a moose!"
    V
    "I helped my uncle Jack off a moose!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    And yet you said you was independent while living with roomates who took care of half the bills....

- - - Updated - - -

Because jobs of all types should provide a liveable wage for each person. Liveable doesn't mean 3 cars and a boat. It means you can pay for the basics in your area (Food/Rent and healthcare when needed).

My Roommates paid their share of the rent, nothing else, where are you getting the notion that my roommates would pay for any of MY expenses? Are YOUR friends that generous that they will pay your bills for you. Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I just showed you 13k is plenty enough for a young man/woman if you have roommates. In college towns you get places for 200-400 a month easy. What your argument really is: "I WANT A HOUSE, A CAR, AND ALL THE THINGS I SEE ON TV AND I WANT IT WITH MY MINIMUM WAGE JOB."

Quote Originally Posted by Thormn View Post
    Using people is not necessarily a bad thing. You just need to make sure you treat them as people still. This is something that even Immanuel Kant has talked about (with his categorical imperative): "it is immoral to use another person merely as a means to an end, and that people must, under all circumstances, be treated as ends in themselves" (according to Wikipedia).
    Never said it was and if you can go for it.

I was just pointing out that Izalia is a Hypocrite by saying he was independent when he wasn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never said it was and if you can go for it.

I was just pointing out that Izalia is a Hypocrite by saying he was independent when he wasn't.
    I was, you just don't know what the concept of independent is. You're equating roommates to not being independent.

Oh I think the confusion comes from livable and "acceptable" when it comes to people.

Problem is no one wants to rent a $400 less than perfect apartment, they want a $1,000 apartment.

Having room-mates is actually a huge advantage, you can live quite comfortably with the right setup.

My Roommates paid their share of the rent, nothing else, where are you getting the notion that my roommates would pay for any of MY expenses? Are YOUR friends that generous that they will pay your bills for you. Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

I just showed you 13k is plenty enough for a young man/woman if you have roommates. In college towns you get places for 200-400 a month easy. What your argument really is: "I WANT A HOUSE, A CAR, AND ALL THE THINGS I SEE ON TV AND I WANT IT WITH MY MINIMUM WAGE JOB."
    News Flash: If you get help from someone (Roomate,Spouce,Family,Goverment) YOU ARE NOT INDEPENDENT.

Get it yet, I mean hell I showed you what the word means. Ur roomates taking care of half the rent is them helping you. If it wasn't for them you would have to cover it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I think the confusion comes from livable and "acceptable" when it comes to people.

Problem is no one wants to rent a $400 less than perfect apartment, they want a $1,000 apartment.
    The thing is $1000 apartments can be shitholes in alot of area's.

Right now the apartment I have with my GF is $700 but its a shithole and we are on the old rate. Every single apartment in our area and across the street is $800-$1000. They are not fancy or anything.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    News Flash: If you get help from someone (Roomate,Spouce,Family,Goverment) YOU ARE NOT INDEPENDENT.

Get it yet, I mean hell I showed you what the word means. Ur roomates taking care of half the rent is them helping you. If it wasn't for them you would have to cover it all.
    Uh no. I made the fiscally sound decision (that means being independent) and got rooommates, I could have easily gotten housing for 400 for a small room by myself, I chose to have friends and pay the same amount. It's the same thing. Go check Zillow and search for apartments if you don't believe me. Not sure what's so hard about the concept.

I was, you just don't know what the concept of independent is. You're equating roommates to not being independent.
    Naw I know what independent is and and means, But clearly you don't.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Right now the apartment I have with my GF is $700 but its a shithole and we are on the old rate. Every single apartment in our area and across the street is $800-$1000. They are not fancy or anything.
    HURR DURR, guess you aren't independent then by your logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Naw I know what independent is and and means, But clearly you don't.
    Then you aren't independent.

Uh no. I made the fiscally sound decision (that means being independent) and got rooommates, I could have easily gotten housing for 400 for a small room by myself, I chose to have friends and pay the same amount. It's the same thing. Go check Zillow and search for apartments if you don't believe me. Not sure what's so hard about the concept.
    Ya I bet you could pumkin keep telling yourself whatever you need to.

Maybe MTV will post ur Rag to Riches story someday.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you aren't independent.
    Nope I'm not and good chance I won't ever be. See I am not the one who claimed I was that was you.

Anyone (you) who needs the income of others (Ur Roomates) isn't independent.

The thing is $1000 apartments can be shitholes in alot of area's.

What do you categorize as a shit hole?

I've seen places that look like shit holes because the tenants basically say "fuck it its a rental unit" and don't take care of it not because it is structurally a shit hole. Care to post some pics?

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ya I bet you could pumkin keep telling yourself whatever you need to.

Maybe MTV will post ur Rag to Riches story someday.
    Maybe they will, and when I'm banging five blondes in my limo I'll give you a shoutout while you're chilling in your apartment with your girlfriend blasting Uncle Cracker albums and wondering where it all went wrong.

What do you categorize as a shit hole?
    Mid to High Crime Rate. Any time they go to fix anything they put "Duck Tape" on it.

The community around you looks like its from the getto. The area itself we are in isn't to bad, The apartment complex we are in is a shit tho. They do the bare minimum to fix anything.

Edit: Put it like this, There is at lease 3 fires a year due to old wiring. They wait until a place burns down to update/fix it because it still pass's code.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they will, and when I'm banging five blondes in my limo I'll give you a shoutout while you're chilling in your apartment with your girlfriend blasting Uncle Cracker albums and wondering where it all went wrong.
    Not a big fan of Uncle Cracker.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-08 at 03:09 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a big fan of Uncle Cracker.
    I hate you even more now. Good Night.

I hate you even more now. Good Night.
    He only has like one song I know, But hey if you hate it shows you care

Now Kid Rock,Eminem.Metallica,Ozzy,Disturbed and so on is my jam.