Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frektal View Post
    There were no stakes with MaRey Sue on screen.
    She has had no training yet she defeated Kylo - someone who was under Luke and now under Snokes patronage for years.

With proper training, she`ll become supersayan. Screencap this : Kylo will beat Luke in VIII and MaRey Sue will save the day, yet again.
    Who'd been shot by a bowcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I'm depressed we have to go into the kylo ren- Rey fight again. like its holy shit if that is a problem you have with TFA you are actually dumb.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also less that she won and more that she managed to get far away enough when the planet split in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The movie also take pains to explain several time that Kylo Ren is not a very good dark force user.

Holy fuck. Disney's marketing is the best I have ever seen in film.

Great trailer. Incredible sound design and editing. The marketing is superb. Wowowowow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    he was cut in half and fell down a massive exhaust chute. he died. but the cartoon revived him because he was "cool" And the republic commando book arc shits all over the cartoon. Go read it and be surprised.
    Darth Maul has been resuscitated first in your dear EU. Old Wounds, published by Dark Horse Comics. They probably took the idea there. But yeah, canon or not, I admit that I didn't like it either.

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Revealing vader without revealing him well done disney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yet they completely reworked Malachor.
    Eh, it's still fairly close - it's a planet so far beyond desolate that it looks like a glassed ash-heap, it has a Sith academy, and was the site of a massive battle between the Jedi and their enemies. That's enough for me; I don't have any investment in them needing to keep it exactly the same, it's just nice to see that Lucasfilm under Disney is willing to take what they think is good from the EU stuff, and not reject those ideas (or anything like them) simply because they're EU. It also gives fans hope that their favorite parts of the EU might be on screen or at least "re-canonized".

And on the Revan front... Revan sounds a lot another name featured relatively prominently in TFA.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    he was cut in half and fell down a massive exhaust chute. he died. but the cartoon revived him because he was "cool" And the republic commando book arc shits all over the cartoon. Go read it and be surprised.
    This Universe has Force ghost and the pillar of it all it a man who was conceived by the Force. Maul's hanging on to life through sheer hatred is a precursor to how Anakin was able survive getting turned into shish kabob at the even ROTS. Its definitely not as outlandish as half the stuff in the EU.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I feel it odd to complain about Darth Maul when in the EU,Palpatine cloned himself several hundred times...
    Sith lord vs sith assasin whos had next to no training in the dark side force use. Big difference. Just like how exar kun ghosted it up at yavin for a few thousand years.

- - - Updated - - -

Energy bowcaster. Almost no different than a basterrifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Holy fuck. Disney's marketing is the best I have ever seen in film.

Great trailer. Incredible sound design and editing. The marketing is superb. Wowowowow.
    Moderators seem a bit naive and simple judging by this post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    So what he used the Force to keep his intestines from falling out while falling? To say nothing of the sudden stop at the end.
    Wow you know nothing of SW. When you are cut by a lightsaber your are cautherized. Therefore no guts spilling out. please make an effort. And in any case, you underestimate what Force +Hate can do. Heck Anakin survived being bruned alive and three limbs chopped off. No one complained there.

- - - Updated - - -

Sith lord vs sith assasin whos had next to no training in the dark side force use. Big difference. Just like how exar kun ghosted it up at yavin for a few thousand years..
    How can you have a pb with Maul that survives (and yes as stated in was in the EU, so you know who to blame), but no problem whatsoever with people resurecting left and right in the whole EU. I mean at what moment is logic going to pop in. Either you like the concept for everyone, or not at all. But not double standards.

You had some good arguments but now it just feels like the good old "EU vs the rest" fight, where denial hits you in the face and all of EU is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Moderators seem a bit naive and simple judging by this post.
    So because the dude doesn't agree with you he is naïve and simple?
    I now understand how you think. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which should have put a hole in him but noooooooooooooooooo he's such a badass.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hard to believe that some people complain about contrived plot power, when in the OT, Luke

1)Pilot what is for the setting an extremely advanced starfighter while his piloting experience is limited to flying ''speeder'' (also known as ''cars'')
    Luke had a T-16 Skyhopper, made by the same company that makes the X-wings. So it's believable that he can fly it well enough. You even had Biggs vouching for him.

Rey had a "virtual simulator." >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Which should have put a hole in him but noooooooooooooooooo he's such a badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke had a T-16 Skyhopper, made by the same company that makes the X-wings. So it's believable that he can fly it well enough. You even had Biggs vouching for him.

Rey had a "virtual simulator." >.>
    I believe J.J. said Kylo was wearing ancient jedi armor so its possible that the blast might not have killed him.

[quote]Which should have put a hole in him but noooooooooooooooooo he's such a badass. /quote]

It wasnt a bowcaster, it was a energy bowcaster, if it had been a normal one it would have had to be loaded with quarells after every shot. And shot iron quarells instead of energy. So its just like a blaster rifle shot. Which dont core through people.

How can you have a pb with Maul that survives (and yes as stated in was in the EU, so you know who to blame), but no problem whatsoever with people resurecting left and right in the whole EU. I mean at what moment is logic going to pop in. Either you like the concept for everyone, or not at all. But not double standards.
    Almost all of the people who survived death via force transference did so in a semi believable way. Sith lords inhabiting structures. The emperor transfering his consciousness to cloned bodies he had stored away ect. Darth maul just came back cus people thought he was cool so they wrote in some bullshit about him keeping half himself alive through pure hate. Making it off naboo and getting robot spider legs. He was nothing more than a sith assassin, a plaything for palpatine to throw away and use to assassinate his rivals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Admiral: What. The hell. Is going on?

Vader: Our plans are proceeding as scheduled.
    Admiral: Oh really? Do I look like I'm running the fleet right now? Your hit, on the rebel cells, it didn't work, my friend! And now you have my construction crews going around the station at 24 hours a day! How exactly is that supposed to help my men destroy the Rebels’?
    Vader: [to Lieutenant] Leave us!
    Admiral: No! You stay here, I'm in charge!
    Vader: [puts his hand on Admiral’s shoulder] Do you feel in charge?
    [Lieutenant leaves]
    Admiral: I paid the Emperor my loyalty.
    Vader: And this gives you power over me?
    Admiral: What is this?
    Vader: Your rank and infrastructure have been important... 'til now!
    Admiral: What are you?
    Vader: I'm the galaxy’s reckoning. Here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on!
    Admiral: You're pure evil!
    Vader: I'm necessary evil!

[Force Chokes Admiral]
    Stolen from TheForce.net forum.

Was expecting more snub fighter swashbucklery and less live action grimdark episode of Rebels. Calling it Rogue One was just a cocktease I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Was expecting more snub fighter swashbucklery and less live action grimdark episode of Rebels. Calling it Rogue One was just a cocktease I guess.
    From everything i see THIS rogue squadrons is prettymuch wraith squadron made only in a time before yavin and this random chick instead of Face leading it and doing the job Kyle did in dark forces.

Female lead again - boring.

We need more diversity in movies, where are the white male leads?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm a brown man, and I loved both Luke and Han Solo as a kid. Why can't boys look up to female characters? Your argument is asinine.
    Probably because there's a difference between race and sex.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Female lead again - boring.

We need more diversity in movies, where are the white male leads?
    Next time we're going to have asian homosexual female. Mark my words.