Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Here's the difference.

There's no such thing as secondary or tertiary obesity.
    if your wife fat af cos 2 much sugar and she squishes u in bed u better believe you got secondary obesitied

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Without sugar and transfats lots of food would taste like recycled ass. Just saying.
    The only reason that happens is because our brains have become accustomed to the high levels of sugars.

It's like with salt. If you put salt on all the meat you eat, unsalted meat will taste dull. It takes your mouth time to acclimate to less sugar and regain its sensitivity.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    a simple way of putting it is 1000 grams of fat is going to satiate you more than 1000 grams of carbs
    That really depends on what you are used to and how your body's tuned. Technically speaking, fibre is far more filling than fat, yet fiber is a carb. If you have one of those addictions where you require a mix of sugar and fat to feel satiated, then you won't feel full until you've had it. If you're addicted to fat, then you'll need it to feel full.

In the article 50% of us doctors believe dietary cholesterol raises blood cholesterol
    Thats how they are taught, even if its wrong as fuck.
    Sugar speeds up ageing as well, fuck that shit. Have spent the last 5 years slowly getting rid of it from my diet, although current gf does not help with it >_> but soon should have little of it. Only complex carbs and not that many, mostly to fuel exercise when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    ummm...

I forgot to multiply it by 2.
    Have the 27g in my head but I think that was the typical "serving" trick and only applicable to half the bottle (250ml).

I close to never actually drink this stuff so I don't have bottles flying around to check. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people thought that carbs are not sugar? Wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account

lies, im getting fat by proxy...

15+ Year Old Account
    a simple way of putting it is 1000 grams of fat is going to satiate you more than 1000 grams of carbs
    One reason is because 1000grams fat is 9000 calories and 1000grams of carbs is only 4000calories.

Still per calorie, for most people, protein and fat are more satiating.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I'm not saying sugar is okay, but everyone seems to think that sugar is the main culprit for excess carbs. That's just not true. Having spent plenty of time working with obese individuals it's just overeating in general. Most of them say the same thing too "oh I cut sugars out of my diet, why can't I lose weight?" Doesn't matter if you're overeating burgers, ice cream, meatloaf, pastas, or whatever it's all the same, you're still overeating period. If the main reason you have a problem is because you are overeating sugars then yes cutting back sugars will help but you still can't sit there and overeat everything else.

The first thing a dietitian or nutritionist will tell you is to stop eating fast food, the sheer amount of calories in even the most basic food is phenominal. A basic cheese burger from McDonalds with no extra toppings or condiments holds 290 calories. That's absolutely insane. The next thing they will address will be sugary drinks, not just soda but energy drinks, coffee drinks, cocktails, and so on. Not saying sugar isn't a problem but the problem is far more inclusive than just sugar and if you want to make meaningful changes then you need to look at more than just eating too much cake.

The next thing the dietitian is going to say? "How much exercise are you getting?" I have never understood why people fight the fact that it has to happen. Fixing your diet helps, but it's only one part of the equation. Not to mention the extra added benefits of having more energy, feeling better, lower blood pressure, less health complications, improved self esteem and body image, better cardiac function, and so on.
    Sugar is the main culprit for excess carbs, if you have read my past posts I have also worked with overweight people and cutting out sugars usually cuts out the carbs as well.

Exercise is important as well, but all the exercise in the world isn't going to make you think and "healthy" if you are still in caloric surplus.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/a...bohydrates.php The top three items are sugars. Only two items on that chart are foods that don't really contain sugars. Not saying ALL foods have to contain sugar to have a high carb count, they are just linked most of the time.

Unless you live off potatoes and refined flours, sugar is the problem most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Wait, people thought that carbs are not sugar? Wtf?
    In a scientific sense they aren't. Can they be broken down into sugars? Yes. Non-sugars can be produced through gluconeogenesis as well. But the state and size of the molecule at the moment of intake...matters.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    People seriously don't know how horrible sugar is for you? It causes bacteria. Bacteria is bad.
    To be fair the bacteria that cause dental diseases is not produced by sugar, they are already there however they do live off of the sugar and in turn shits out acid which damages our teeth and leads to cavities. Unless you eat super excessive amounts of sugar rich foods, have a super low production of saliva and don't brush and floss your teeth regularly the bacteria really shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2016-04-08 at 11:40 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    To be fair the bacteria that cause dental diseases is not produced by sugar, they are already there however they do live off of the sugar and in turn shits out acid which damages our teeth and leads to cavities. Unless you eat super excessive amounts of sugar rich foods, have a super low production of saliva and don't brush and floss your teeth regularly the bacteria really shouldn't be an issue.
    Pretty much this, PH also plays a huge role in bacterial production and cavity prevention.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    One of the things I learned from losing weight is that sugar is bad... mkay. Extremely bad for you. If you knew how much sugar the human body was suppose to have daily, you would be shocked. I avoid sugar as much as possible. Only consuming Stevia and sometimes Splenda. I try to avoid Splenda.

Also sugar causes glycation which ages the crap out of you, plus cancer. The sugar they put in food is criminal.
    Apparently my grandmother never got the message. She died at 95 and was very sharp and active up to the end. She made the very best banana pudding ( the kind with the vanilla wafers in them ) I have ever had.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the german ex-chancellor Schmidt never got the message that smoking kills. He lived to 97, smoked every day like a chimney. We all know these people. My chain smoking mother in law died at the age of 55. Seems she did get the message.
    Maybe the German chancellor was not a chain smoker?

Moderation is a important part of a lot of healthy things and lifestyles.

Also going to put you high risk for heart disease and diabetes.
    Simple carbs will put you at higher risk for diabetes than any sort of fats.

Here's the difference.

I would argue that is not true in the sense that when you have children and make them eat the crap that you eat and make them fat by your ignorance / lazyness it is kind of like second hand smoke.

Also going to put you high risk for heart disease and diabetes.
    No that's just factually wrong, sugar causes heart disease. Fructose in particular. High fat diets lower insulin resistance and trig/hdl ratio.

10+ Year Old Account
    One major issue is that a lot of these studies are done in mice, which react differently to so-called 'high fat diets' than humans do. Mice also have essentially no LDL and much lower baseline cholesterol, probably because they evolved eating a more plant-based diet while humans evolved eating more meat and animal products.

The strains of mice that are used are also genetically predisposed to obesity, diabetes, and other health problems. A lot of scientists and doctors extrapolate unjustly from studies using these mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    One reason is because 1000grams fat is 9000 calories and 1000grams of carbs is only 4000calories.

Still per calorie, for most people, protein and fat are more satiating.

I meant 1000 calories off each

10+ Year Old Account
    How many calories do you think you burn at the gym, maybe 300 in an hour if youre lucky. The average joe probably burns less than 200 calories. Theres more than that in a soda.
    It's not about how much you burn at the gym, unless all you do is cardio... This is one of several reasons why weight training is far better than cardio for fat loss - when you do cardio you only really burn more calories when you are actively doing cardio, if you weight train, you burn more calories at all times to sustain the increased muscle mass.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    OK now what about the rest of your digestive system? What about all the things bad bacteria can do to your intestines? Did you know that eating a high sugar diet can cause acne? And in a lot of cases, you can clear up your acne by eliminating sugar from your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    OK now what about the rest of your digestive system? What about all the things bad bacteria can do to your intestines? Did you know that eating a high sugar diet can cause acne? And in a lot of cases, you can clear up your acne by eliminating sugar from your diet?
    Of course I am aware that bad bacteria causes havoc on our digestive system but I fail to see where sugar is in the equation, are you saying that sugar produce the bad bacteria?