Thread: Banwave!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    1500 para lvl - I botted 24 hours a day for months at the start of the season - Have not touch D3 in months and am not banned.. Its just to much of a bother to do anything lol.
    Strange how you "botted for months" and "have not touch D3 in months" and the actual season lasted a WHOLE 3 months overall...

LOL.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-04-08 at 06:46 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirinial View Post
    Warden has been changed for D3. There is information out there if you take the time to look. Botters and T-HuD users will be banned seasonally. It is easy to identify them now.
    Nope. Hud users won't be banned. Botters yes, Hud users no.

Why would I care about botters in D3? This game has 0 competitive aspect, I really don't care if someone bots, not like it affects me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Why would I care about botters in D3? This game has 0 competitive aspect, I really don't care if someone bots, not like it affects me in any way.
    Many times this. How someone plays a single player game is irrelevant to me. Yes there is a leader-board, but really it is just your name on a fuckin list. Even banning bots, the playing field isn't even enough for the average player to give a dam.

The way I see it, let them run their scans and see someone botting. But so long as that person isn't cracking top 50 on the dam leaderboards who cares? It is honestly astonishing how many people lose their dam minds over botting when in reality, they have 0 chance of cracking the top 50 on the leaderboards anyway.

I dont bot, because frankly if a game is so boring that I want something else to play it for me, why have it installed. But I sure as hell use thud, simply because the standard ui info is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Yes there is a leader-board, but really it is just your name on a fucking list.
    So? Aren't you allowed to want a fair fight if you so choose to aim for high rank?
    People play the game for different reasons, none wich is wrong. and bots do screw over some people.
    Even if botting didnt affect players i'd love to see them banned. If you bot then you don't want to play the game, then you shouldn't, so whats the point of botting...

It is honestly astonishing how many people lose their dam minds over botting when in reality, they have 0 chance of cracking the top 50 on the leaderboards anyway.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/.../5/rift-team-4

If the banwave didnt happen then it would look like this as well then yeah? 0 chance was it?
    Even rank 1000 was a team of 3 botters.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2016-04-08 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post

If the banwave didnt happen then it would look like this as well then yeah? 0 chance was it?
    Even rank 1000 was a team of 3 botters.
    My point that you unshockingly fail to grasp, was that most people have 0 chance of hitting the top 50 regardless of bots simply based on playtime and average skill level. Yet those same people, lets call them the average to above average players, freak out about bots claiming it kills the competition. When in truth, bots or not, the average player is no competition at all.

I agree that bots are pointless. That is my point of view from how I want to play the game. Not everyone shares that point of view however. And given that the only argument against bots is a list of names that most people won't be on, face it that is simply math, I find that stance a rather weak platform to argue from. There is no reward for the list. There is no real prestige. It is not an e-sport. Someone else botting has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. So why people go batshit crazy over it will ever be a mystery to people like me who simply only care about how far we can push ourselves into rifts ignoring the "competition".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    My point that you unshockingly fail to grasp, was that most people have 0 chance of hitting the top 50 regardless of bots simply based on playtime and average skill level. Yet those same people, lets call them the average to above average players, freak out about bots claiming it kills the competition. When in truth, bots or not, the average player is no competition at all.

I agree that bots are pointless. That is my point of view from how I want to play the game. Not everyone shares that point of view however. And given that the only argument against bots is a list of names that most people won't be on, face it that is simply math, I find that stance a rather weak platform to argue from. There is no reward for the list. There is no real prestige. It is not an e-sport. Someone else botting has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. So why people go batshit crazy over it will ever be a mystery to people like me who simply only care about how far we can push ourselves into rifts ignoring the "competition".
    While your pragmatism is admirable, the existence of bots and cries over the fact that they butcher the leaderboards is a deterrent to people that might otherwise play the game and other Blizzard products. So, even though it doesn't have any effect on my personal play, I cannot deny that it effects the play of others in a negative fashion, even if the negativity is mostly a baseless matter of perception. I also cannot deny that, depending on the amount of people deterred, it has the potential to be affecting my play without my direct knowledge. One could reasonably speculate that if a large enough number of people were deterred from playing, each active player is missing out on more content updates and community interaction that could reasonably be given to a product that might be considered to be thriving.

That is to say that even though I believe your stance is ultimately correct, it means nothing to a lot of people out there that shape and mold the makeup of the community surrounding the game(s) as a whole, and speaks nothing to the possibility that those bots could be affecting your play in ways you're unaware of.

with this an nost going down, summer around the corner are blizzard trying to get the nerds into the sunlight? it's very kind of them imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    o snap. rekd.

Cheaters getting destroyed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    explains why i went up to r20 now. Then again i was pretty tired last night and everything was confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Lol Wudjo made the DH world rank 1 just in time before getting banned.

It seems that also THUD users are getting hit by this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People botting in D3 to save time need serious professional help. It looks like an addiction.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol Wudjo made the DH world rank 1 just in time before getting banned.

He had it for quite a few days he just didn't upload till other botters got banned. Then he got banned later that day thats the funny part lol. THUD is a rumor. There is 0 posts on THUD forums about anyone actually getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well he claims it's because of THUD. Could be botting, cause there are plenty of people on the forums not being banned for THUD.

Wudi claims to not have botted except about 60 days into season he had over 21 hours a day on average. Either someone else played his acc or he botted both are bannable granted the first is less likely to ever happen. Granted all their bans seem /played time and leaderboards and less if you use a bot. I have a couple friends who still haven't gotten banned yet some others have and all 24/7 botting.

Must be even sweeter to do it just a couple of weeks before the season's conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Wudi claims to not have botted
    So he's basically using the Gabynator defense.
    "I'am banned and i used nothing" sure bro, if you say so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    Must be even sweeter to do it just a couple of weeks before the season's conclusion.
    Less than a week, actually.