Psychic Horror+Shadowpriests R.I.P.

Acti-Blizzard decided seeing how Sahdow has a ton of utility -even though using any of it means no damage and no damage means no resource generation- to remove a CC ..

One of the most fragile DPS casters in the game lose a CC ..

As some one who mained Shadow WoD I can't help but feel pain .. much pain .. from the melee train that will ensue!

Thoughts?

Hard to tell how it is going to be on Legion everyone is getting hit hard on their CC / anti CC abilities.

From a WoD point of view shadows are very viable (God comp anyone?), but they are terrible on 1 vs 1, I think it is fine actually, it is a niche: glass cannon with quite a big burst that needs assitance. They might keep this niche on Legion, we will only be able to tell when we get there.

My only sadness is to see such an iconic ability being removed from the game, as well as the fact that in legion it seems that all classes will be able to play with 10 binds.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2016-04-08 at 03:38 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, everyone is losing a ton of CC and utility, which will undoubtedly hit some classes harder than others.

The game's goal is to be balanced around 3s, not duels.

..sure but how many people play 3's again? And how many paying players do not play 3's but are passionate about PvP?

At this point all I have to say is isolate 3v3 from all other form of PvP so that 3v3 rules/balance are only inside 3v3!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play 3s anymore, but I understand why Blizzard only aim to balance around that. It's impossible to balance everything within an MMO that everyone does, since MMOs give a lot of freedom to what you want to do. They can't balance twinking, dueling, 2s, 3s, 5s, RBGs, random BGs, PvE (Raiding, dungeons and questing) pet battles, world PvP... and whatever else people enjoy. The only thing there's an tournament scene for is 3s, and that's how it'll always be (maybe extending to RBGs if it ever gets cleaned up) which is obviously more important for balance. It's the most competitive scene and has been for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Acti-Blizzard decided seeing how Sahdow has a ton of utility -even though using any of it means no damage and no damage means no resource generation- to remove a CC ..

One of the most fragile DPS casters in the game lose a CC ..

As some one who mained Shadow WoD I can't help but feel pain .. much pain .. from the melee train that will ensue!

Thoughts?
    Good. They should remove more IMO. SPs do retarded burst AND sustained damage both in WoD and from what I've seen in Alpha, in Legion as well.

Also remove Dispersion and we'll be in business!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Good. They should remove more IMO. SPs do retarded burst AND sustained damage both in WoD and from what I've seen in Alpha, in Legion as well.

Also remove Dispersion and we'll be in business!
    Shadow priests are high cc glass cannons who can be controlled when trained. Losing PH sucks, but it isn't the end of the world. Removing dispersion would make them no viable in all pvp rated and casual.

As compared to say another cloth caster mage? How can you peel now? I literally need to use all CC just to keep my healer up long enough to keep me up!

How can you peel a Warrior? DK? Enh? Rogue? and now DH!

ActiBlizz calls it 'utility' which is funny seeing how its the bare minimum to stay alive .. its like calling a human liver a utility lets take it out!

Yet they have no issue removing cyclone from resto and compensating them with more CC only to bring it back and LEAVE the extra CC they gave them!!

No logic to how they operate .. Its as if they lose on their mains and decide to nurf the build they lost too...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-04-09 at 05:39 AM.