10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'll check it out...

Also, seems like Blizz finished making our class hall, some cool stuff added this build in Artifact and Minions/Followers area. They removed the marker "under construction" too.

It looks much busier now compared to what it was.

So far the only pet that does not give shields or healing from soul link is the Beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy4 View Post
    So far the only pet that does not give shields or healing from soul link is the Beholder.
    Probably because it isn't classified as "single target" damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy4 View Post
    Also life tap gets absorbed by your shield
    Good to know. And that nicely deals with the problem of how Demo and Destro are supposed to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Probably because it isn't classified as "single target" damage.
    Oh ya, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    With the pet/guardian AI is it even possible to get consistent results?
    *directs you to Hunter forum for answers to this*

power trip could affect the caster , metamorfosis visual with some bonus kkkk

Deleted
    I'd rather not have unnecessary visual clutter on top of a demonzoo with swirling purple/white energies oozing purple pudding

Effects should be a visual enforcer/representation of whats going on, and its not like you personally do more damage when you DE stuff

Meta was cool, but was taken away and given to DH, deal with it =/

I get the feeling that we're supposed to forget that we had Metamorphosis all along -- since, you know -- it is a massive lore retcon.

That's why we're never going to get Demonic Leap back, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthazar View Post
    power trip could affect the caster , metamorfosis visual with some bonus kkkk
    Meta is gone, I wouldn't mind empowerment basically making it so the demons leech power off of us though, essentially making us a battery. So all active demons are buffed for the duration rather than just whatevers active for the cast. Its a small change but I think it would be better theme wise as well, we're feeding them power continuously we could shut off at any time as opposed to something that is cast and lasts for x seconds before fading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I get the feeling that we're supposed to forget that we had Metamorphosis all along -- since, you know -- it is a massive lore retcon.

That's why we're never going to get Demonic Leap back, too.
    thing is, if they can retcon meta away, then they can surely retcon demonic leap back in("for a brief moment in time, you channel demonic energies to propel yourself forward, once you've done it once, you cant do it again for 20 secs" etc., there is technically no reason to not have demonic leap other than the devs doesnt want us to, coz leap can work perfectly well without meta), so im fairly sure it has nothing with meta getting retconned away but rather if they give demo demonic leap again, then they would need to give the other specs demonic leap as well and that is what they dont want, i really doubt meta even comes into the equation,

Deleted
    Enjoyed gameplay when Meta was a DPS CD. Hated that demonic fury resource revamp. Though I think from a lore standpoint Warlocks should have never been given Meta - It's about controlling Demons not becoming one which is the opposite of maintaining control. Really liking the direction they are going in Legion, I PvP primarily but it's also nice to have the option of raiding with the same spec you enjoy the most so hopefully all goes well with Demo long term.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    thing is, if they can retcon meta away, then they can surely retcon demonic leap back in("for a brief moment in time, you channel demonic energies to propel yourself forward, once you've done it once, you cant do it again for 20 secs" etc., there is technically no reason to not have demonic leap other than the devs doesnt want us to, coz leap can work perfectly well without meta), so im fairly sure it has nothing with meta getting retconned away but rather if they give demo demonic leap again, then they would need to give the other specs demonic leap as well and that is what they dont want, i really doubt meta even comes into the equation,
    But that would intrude on the class fantasy of their new special snowflake "pull handle in case of subscription emergency" fan service class. And as we have recently learned, they are very protective of DH class fantasy even if it means overwriting ten years of WoW lore and kowtowing to an old, barely relevant RTS.

They want us to go back to not having much mobility, and leap would be mobility, as well as cutting into things that warriors / DH's have that are neat.

While I don't particularly enjoy losing things, I agree that they went too far with just adding more and more abilities that were typically things to crutch where classes / specs were weak. I'd like those more defined lines to exist again like they once did, and that means losing some things we've had for a decent bit of time now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Enjoyed gameplay when Meta was a DPS CD. Hated that demonic fury resource revamp. Though I think from a lore standpoint Warlocks should have never been given Meta - It's about controlling Demons not becoming one which is the opposite of maintaining control. Really liking the direction they are going in Legion, I PvP primarily but it's also nice to have the option of raiding with the same spec you enjoy the most so hopefully all goes well with Demo long term.
    Then we should be allowed to control a demon worthy of our power, not imps and dogs. All they've done is take away everything that really made us stand out and given us nothing noteworthy in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Then we should be allowed to control a demon worthy of our power, not imps and dogs. All they've done is take away everything that really made us stand out and given us nothing noteworthy in return.
    I think the point of all the imps is they're pretty much bottom of the demon food chain, and thus extremely easy to summon. Dreadstalkers are a bit higher up so at the most there's only two or three summoned, but they're still low enough to have out almost permanently. The long cooldown spells are where the powerful demons come into place, like the infernal/abyssal or the doomguard/terrorguard, because we can only control them for so long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    But that would intrude on the class fantasy of their new special snowflake "pull handle in case of subscription emergency" fan service class. And as we have recently learned, they are very protective of DH class fantasy even if it means overwriting ten years of WoW lore and kowtowing to an old, barely relevant RTS.
    true, but it is just a matter of retconning stuff, there is literally nothing that prevents us from getting it, nothing that says that demonic leap has to be a metamorphisis ability except ofc the devs, after all we're still summoning demons, we're still playing around with fel energies which is why meta fit the class and why demonic leap would still fit the class but as baconeggcheese said, it is mostly bcoz they dont want to give us mobility, its about wanting us to be "tanky", my problem is that mages are still quite "tanky" themselves while still have a great deal of mobility.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-04-11 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    I think the point of all the imps is they're pretty much bottom of the demon food chain, and thus extremely easy to summon. Dreadstalkers are a bit higher up so at the most there's only two or three summoned, but they're still low enough to have out almost permanently. The long cooldown spells are where the powerful demons come into place, like the infernal/abyssal or the doomguard/terrorguard, because we can only control them for so long.
    That's my point. We've been doing this for years, we now have three powerful artifacts at our disposal and we've taken on countless enemies that had the ability to destroy the world (and beyond) yet the most we can manage is imps and dogs. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile, Demon Hunters get to turn into a hulking demon that double jumps, shoots eye lasers, can summon their own minions and are generally more demonic thematically than warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    While I don't particularly enjoy losing things, I agree that they went too far with just adding more and more abilities that were typically things to crutch where classes / specs were weak. I'd like those more defined lines to exist again like they once did, and that means losing some things we've had for a decent bit of time now.
    Hear hear. Everyone getting every tool is why every melee spec has an interrupt and a snare and a gap closer and a fear break. I'm all for pushing things back to where specs have strong points that are strong and weak points that are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's my point. We've been doing this for years, we now have three powerful artifacts at our disposal and we've taken on countless enemies that had the ability to destroy the world (and beyond) yet the most we can manage is imps and dogs. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile, Demon Hunters get to turn into a hulking demon that double jumps, shoots eye lasers, can summon their own minions and are generally more demonic thematically than warlocks.
    Why do Warlocks only get small demon pets? Because WoW isn't a single player game, and they don't want tanks to freak out trying to taunt the new add or melee to suffer even greater visual clutter. Why are they drawing a clear line between summons demons (Warlock) and transforms into a demon (Demon Hunter)? Because class distinction is a good thing, both for class fantasy and for visual identification in PvP. As for the bolded bit, I don't think either DH spec has that as a player ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Hear hear. Everyone getting every tool is why every melee spec has an interrupt and a snare and a gap closer and a fear break. I'm all for pushing things back to where specs have strong points that are strong and weak points that are weak.

Why do Warlocks only get small demon pets? Because WoW isn't a single player game, and they don't want tanks to freak out trying to taunt the new add or melee to suffer even greater visual clutter. Why are they drawing a clear line between summons demons (Warlock) and transforms into a demon (Demon Hunter)? Because class distinction is a good thing, both for class fantasy and for visual identification in PvP. As for the bolded bit, I don't think either DH spec has that as a player ability.
    That's right. It's not a single-player game. So why should I not get what I want because of other people? In Diablo 3 your minions are transparent to other players to avoid clutter. They have no problem taking features from their other games so there's no reason they can't do the same for us that so that we can have bigger, better demons. Nice buzzwords but they're just nonsensical gibberish Blizzard made up to justify their actions. It seems they may have removed it but it was a Demon Hunter talent at one point.
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2016-04-11 at 04:40 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Diablo 3 your minions are transparent to other players to avoid clutter

Seriously? That would make an excellent feature in the game. They should put it in!