Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Because they're simply talking about and romanticizing the idea of "hardcore" that's in their mind and sheeping what they've seen others say on the subject. Alas, when it comes to actual challenge and hardcore gameplay, they either can't perform or won't even try for some odd reason. Just no pleasing some peeps. XD
    Actually I don't do it because after leveling I get sick of it..........that and the whole "If you die even after level 70 you are done" bit kinda sucks ass
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Because they're simply talking about and romanticizing the idea of "hardcore" that's in their mind and sheeping what they've seen others say on the subject. Alas, when it comes to actual challenge and hardcore gameplay, they either can't perform or won't even try for some odd reason. Just no pleasing some peeps. XD
    what's hardcore about playing a hunter and kiting mobs until you get sick of it?

hardcore silly, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    How did you get killed while having vanish?
    First rogue wasn't level 34 yet, the other = it was on CD and I started a shitstorm through my cocky actions. Simple things like that. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what's hardcore about playing a hunter and kiting mobs until you get sick of it?

hardcore silly, maybe
    You can do it for entertainment. Meaning, you can pull less save more progressive. What he does.
    Also I am such a fanboy I will just build a wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

hardcore silly, maybe
    Are people somehow forced to choose hunter...? ;d
    I sure haven't chosen it for my IM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    If you're not trolling than you're not very intelligent and don't have much in the way of a sense of humor.
    I'm sorry your sense of humor isn't developed enough to know the difference between humor and being mean.

I despise the fact that he starts his videos with "hey it's me, your boy Asmongold". We know who's video were watching. Stop being such a dork. I'm not your boy!

He never said anything about removing features.
    BZZZZT

Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ac2sQHJLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF2vhOeXzO8

Feb 15, 2015 - Asmongold - A Better Path to Progression (LFR) (youtube.com) ..... Remove LFR and replace it with a single player scenario experience.

Deleted
    Seefer doesnt believe LFR is a feature.

One of asmongolds greatest fans, obviously.

Unfortunately, it takes no skill and even the ability to stay human to become a streamer. You just have to be a asshat that tells everyone how much he hates anything he doesnt understand.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-10 at 12:25 AM.

LOL, so having single-player scenarios will somehow do more for the community than at least having SOME need for other people at the lower difficulty? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooooooooh single player scenarios, like everyone (including non-raiders) have asked for instead of LFR! Gotcha............THAT RAT BASTARD!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

That was uncomfortable to watch. You could actually pinpoint down to the second when his heart broke. I'd be surprised if he doesn't roll another one. And die at level 99 this time. lol

Deleted
    1) There is a huge difference between something being the only way to go and something being an artificial limitation you put on yourself.

2) Most challenges/games that automatically end upon player death are generally not that challenging and mostly tedious. I like a good challenge, but a good challenge usually comes with dying actually. Dying means you can refine your plan/strategy/build/etc. over and over with each death and eventually get over an obstacle. A long gameplay without deaths usually means taking as little risks as possible and nothing really over the top that will give you the thrill of difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Seefer doesnt believe LFR is a feature.

One of asmongolds greatest fans, obviously.
    Oh it's a feature, it's just a pile of shit that does nothing for anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ok, then do it with limited resources but don't reset yourself on death. Voila.

There are a ton of ways to get this, "Hardcore Leveling" that people are always wringing their hands over. All their effort just goes into complaining on forums about it, though.
    Compare Vanilla/TBC leveling to the iron man challenge, BIG difference, in Vanilla/TBC yeah it was difficult but it wasn't game over after 1 death, you could choose a spec and have more than white gear on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't always like his videos, but the guy's friendly enough, I have no issues with him, and his Ironman videos were a genuine pleasure to watch. If he tries again in the future, best of luck to Asmongolerthree.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    1) There is a huge difference between something being the only way to go and something being an artificial limitation you put on yourself.

So basically, people need to be forced into playing a certain style, even if it means others that DON'T want the same thing will also be forced. Most points I see made on the subject, is made by people more concerned with how OTHERS play (skipping content, not caring about quest text, not getting explorer on every char, using heirlooms etc etc) than simply having more options.
    Those "artificial limitations" (lol, it's a game to begin with) are pretty damned "real" if you just choose to pursue them.

And you don't HAVE to have the "delete on death" rule if you don't want to. I choose to have it since it means I actually avoid death as much as possible.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-10 at 12:30 AM.

I may do an ironman character. Looks interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ok, then do it with limited resources but don't reset yourself on death. Voila.

There are a ton of ways to get this, "Hardcore Leveling" that people are always wringing their hands over. All their effort just goes into complaining on forums about it, though.
    It's still not the same as the game actually forcing you to do it. I don't know why, I'm not a psychologist, but it's the same thing as why people hate watching VoDs of sports events rather than watching them live, there's something that's forced about it and makes it feel worse. Why? I have no idea, in theory it should be the same experience, in reality it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Oh it's a feature, it's just a pile of shit that does nothing for anyone.
    Actually it's one of the best things ever added to the game that took the control of who sees what content out of the hands of elitists.