Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Streamer I was watching today can easily make 125k a week on a couple alts and play the AH a bit. Which I'll be copying because it isn't hard.
    Can you pint me in this streamer's direction? I would love to be abel to do that as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    One day Vanilla/TBC fans will create another private vanilla/tbc realm later anyway, located somewhere where US/France laws and lawsuits might not work like North Korea,Russia,China or something.

(Im not saying those laws doesnt in work in China or Russia its just an example)
    There is already such servers, just this isnt the place to promote them. Some of them are around from 4-5-6-7+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Well in 2004 there was a way less mmorpgs, WoW already had a huge fan base from warcraft (me inc). I think a fresh mmorpg with pay per month model will have a hard time to survive not 10, 5 years.
    Most likely true. A new MMO will likely go the B2P + cash shop route or just F2P with an even bigger cash shop. I doubt any new MMOs will stay with the sub based format..But I mean Final Fantasy is one of those MMOs using the monthly thing and it is fairly healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Can you pint me in this streamer's direction? I would love to be abel to do that as well
    125k isn't a lot of gold in a week depending on just how much you play the AH and just how many alts are involved. I'm sure it isn't a simple process. And playing the AH always has risks because it depends on your server and the market + other people trying to play the AH too.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yes because Blizzard shouln't stop illegal use of their product.

BRb I'm going to record a movie at the theaters.
    Once again, an entirely unreasonable analogy. How would you feel about someone distributing a film for free, when the studio that owned it no longer sold it? A film that people wanted to see, that was impossible to view by any legal means. It is still against the law, of course. But move away from the letter of the law and ask yourself a basic question; who is this action hurting, financially or otherwise?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    I have 5 alts, when i played (unsubed till Legion) i did the 4 taanan rares for Medalions of the legion, each costed 4k+. On average i had 4 medalions per day (once i had 13 for a day) this is 16k without the garrisons (only my main had everything rest of them was profs mostly) i made 800k for 2 months just because 2nd i got bored. So for 2 months i can pay an year with the prices right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Once again, an entirely unreasonable analogy. How would you feel about someone distributing a film for free, when the studio that owned it no longer sold it? A film that people wanted to see, that was impossible to view by any legal means. It is still against the law, of course. But move away from the letter of the law and ask yourself a basic question; who is this action hurting, financially or otherwise?
    See you want to 'move away from the letter of the law' and we don't. Simple as that.

Deleted
    So you are all for doing something illegal? The company that produced the movie, still own it. They might do so later on. it is still their property. and you're not allowed to use it, unless they say so.

That's like me saying, you have an old model of a car. that a lot of people want. You have it, and it is impossible to get it by any legal means. it might be against the law, but move away from the lettero f the law and ask yourself a basic question. who would it be hurting if I just took that car from you. Financially or otherwise. You're not using it.

And before you go with the ''but I can sell it'' argument, So could the studio that produced said film.

People have to understand how IP works.

WoW is copied from Lord of the Rings.
    Starcraft is copied from Starship Troopers.

IP is really a "game" to make lawyers rich.

It is different from "stealing a car".

Before Hollywood was rich, it copied lots of ideas from books without paying.
    Now it is rich, and it talks about "privacy" all day.

https://www.twitch.tv/bredar/profile

Yeah and it is easy to make gold when you have all those systems in place already such as alts pumping out gold via garrisons/tradeskills. But someone coming to the game from long ago or new to the game would take a long time to start 'playing the AH' and make plenty of gold.
    You don't need a shit ton of alts to play the AH. All it takes is some simple research and such. Like, if you wanted to, you could make Inscription leveling inks and sell them. That is a good gold maker, surprisingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney releases movies for a limited time then withdraws them. A few years later they release them again. What you propose would absolutely infringe on a copyright or IP holder's right to control the time and place when their content is available. You seem to think that out-of-print is the same as abandoned. Frequently it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You don't need a shit ton of alts to play the AH. All it takes is some simple research and such. Like, if you wanted to, you could make Inscription leveling inks and sell them. That is a good gold maker, surprisingly.
    I used to make quite a lot of gold with intermediate mats like inks. Lot of players are not interested or do not have the collection piece and turning those collected mats into a finished material is often good gold.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Eh. You have to understand what a derivative work is and how IP works. Your post makes no sense at all.
    http://kotaku.com/5929161/how-warcra...that-saved-wow

Deleted
    Really? How I can play WoD for free, pray tell.
    Are you serious?

WoW token?

Well lets see I'm filming it at the theaters...so its current and not old.

Also what you said still doesn't fit in with all of this. Vanilla wow is still sold by wow.....because it it is still a part of the retail wow and they can change how it looks all they want...because they own it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Its free in the sense that someone else paid for your sub and paid more cash to do so.....
    Which means it's free for me.

So if these people just want to play WoW for free why don't they play retail WoW for free?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

And now there are laws that stops Hollywood from doing that.....the same laws blizzard was able to use.

Also you seem to not be able to understand how IP and such works with the comments you made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    Which means it's free for me.

So if these people just want to play WoW for free why don't they play retail WoW for free?
    Because they are shit at making that much gold?
    Because they don't want to pay for the box?
    Because they don't have the time to make that much gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What the hell does "scientific journals" have to do with dealing with reality?
    You people confuse discussions and ideas with people making scientific claims backed with hard facts and years of research. People dismiss things that are common sense or common knowledge in WoW to hide behind the "opinion" card.

Can you prove WHY people played Nost? If a Vanilla server would be successful or if Bliz actually has a realistic idea of whether or not it would be? No, so don't comment on it if you're so hard on facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    See you want to 'move away from the letter of the law' and we don't. Simple as that.
    Good for you. If everyone did that and had no opinion on it nothing would ever change.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-04-10 at 10:18 AM.

About 10 people at most Nostathing ,hurt guys, are keeping this thread alive, arguing for no reason.

If you think blizzard did not have the rights to close that shit down: you are wrong.
    It would cost too much to have an official vanilla server, if you think otherwise, you know nothing of software developement.

If you want to contest the legality of blizzard move, go ahead, let me have some popcorn while you take them to court.
    If you think 150k non paying customers that play a pirated game can change blizzard stance: think again... That server took their business away because that server gave some people the opportunity to play for free a paying game. 150k non paying people pissed off they cant play their pirated game: they wont loose sleep over it.

Dont get me wrong, I have been playing since Vanilla. Putting a vanilla server to recreate the original wow is not enough. They tried putting a southshore vs Tarren mill battleground, it was an utter failure. You cannot recreate a player made experience. Current players as seen in this thread are an obnoxious entitled bunch that have no idea what is playing an mmo, where you rely on others and where your reputation as a player matters.

So yeah, keep feeding this thread because no amount of words will change the fact that blizzard was right in shutting this thing down and is also right in saying that it is not commercially viable to put vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    And now they won't see any of that money, because they just pissed off 150k people.

Same old, same old argument, you're like a broken record.
    And somehow we were suppose to believe all 150k are active players on retail......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    Are you serious?

WoW token?
    The token depends on someone else spending the money. It's not "free", it just means someone else spent the money.
    It only appears free to You.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    About 10 people at most Nostathing ,hurt guys, are keeping this thread alive, arguing for no reason.

If you think blizzard did not have the rights to close that shit down: you are wrong.
    It would cost too much to have an official vanilla server, if you think otherwise, you know nothing of software developement.

So yeah, keep feeding this thread because no amount of words will change the fact that blizzard was right in shutting this thing down and is also right in saying that it is not commercially viable to put vanilla servers.
    I'll go ahead and wait on your hard data.