Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    how silly has one to be to claim software PIRACY is a HUMAN RIGHT like marriage no matter of gender/religion/etc?
    Strawman. I never said it's a human right. I'm saying just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Point is, should Blizzard listen to their customers (or potential customers) and do something about the demand for Vanilla realms?
    As you dont seem to get it another example:
    You and 4 other guys and one girl are protesting outside the playboy mansion cause you want Taylor Swift in the playboy like "god" made her.
    Is there a demand? yes. Should it be acted on? no.
    and THATS whats happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I dunno what the answer is there as it's clearly a complicated issue. My vote is in the "give it a try" category. Open one server; yes it would cost them something,
    No it would cost them ALOT and bring NOTHING in return.
    If you dont trust Blizzard that they know what you dont then why do you claim to be a blizzard fanboy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    Yes. I considered it a moral grey area because it is a service that blizzard no longer provides. I know it was illegal. And i know blizzard had the legal right to shut it down. But in my opinion, just because something is illegal, does not make it automatically wrong....

I'd play vanilla legally if i could. Unfortunately I can't.

And unfortunately i can't do anything but shitpost on the forums asking blizzard to make such servers...
    Well since you're into ignoring and disobeying laws, you sure can. There are plenty of pservers around still. Just go and grab it, you already crossed the line and justified your "moral gray area" to yourself in some logic that the rest of the world can't quite follow.

You wanted it, so you took it.
    You'd play it legally if you could, we get it. Deep down you think you're a good person.
    But when you want something you take it. Fuck laws, right?

So - just saying. You still can. There are plenty of them out there.
    Go get them. You know you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I've cancelled my Legion and Overwatch plans as a result of this. If I have, so have others. I'll be taking my business to other companies from now on.
    you ll be back anyway...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I'm more concerned that he thinks human rights are something universal, while they're nothing but a bunch of laws that can be changed at any point.
    Man if you really think like that, your lost. Human Rights are NOT laws to give and take away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Because, of course, things, you know, changed over the 4+ major content patches Vanilla WoW had. So riddle me this: Which patch should a Legacy server provide? Cause everybody probably has their favourite one. Maybe Blizzard should just set up 40 odd legacy servers, for every single major iteration of every single major expantion. x4 or so for every current subscriber region. Should be easy right? I mean, blizzard is a multi billion dollar company, right? Shouldnt be that hard for them to support 160 odd new simultaneously different codebases.....

Logistical Nightmare of Legendary Proportions does not even remotely begin to scratch the surface of the what would result from blizzard setting up an official Legacy server. Once you have opened those floodgates, there is no going back, ever.
    well, nos ran with the latest vanilla client build, which actually addressed quite a few of the issues in game. I suppose that's the best one, run with latest patched client build for that expansion and stagger content release on a parallel timetable to the original release.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Ah yes, the old stealing argument. Blizzard lost so much revenue, about 1 million x 12 x 13 € right?

/facepalm
    That math doesn't even make sense. But, yes, stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter how much you steal, you're still a thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I had them delete my account on which I had D3 (yet another abomination), SC2 and WoW (granted, haven't subscribed in like 3 years). Felt good about it. It's my way of boycotting their decision. Couldn't care less what others think. I will boycott and/or pirate every single thing they come out with. And they can't do anything about that.
    Wow that'll show them! You keep playing those games that don't work as well, get shut down or can't even be played pirated online. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying a new season of D3 in the next couple weeks and getting ready for Legion. Every time I read about some PS being shut down I'll raise my glass for you fighting the good fight or whatever it is you are trying to stand for.

How bored you gotta be to actually play vanilla/BC. I've been around since day one of WoW and Wrath is when it got good imo. We just didn't know better back then, it was new and we were young (I was 14 when vanilla came out). I remember taking the boat to the Howling Fjord for the first time and being like "oh shit, this is a whole new level". As much as I loved the game I could never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    These people are not playing there cause it's free, they play there cause they love Vanilla, and that's the only WoW they wanna play.
    Yeah TOTALLY only because it is Vanilla not that you know you can avoid paying money to play it. TOTALLY just about the Vanilla Nostalgia. Every single person there is all abord the vanilla train! None of them are there because it is free! PFFFT! LOL! I can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    When I played swtor, I visited their forums. Same for Wildstar, Rift, ESO, GW2, etc. But after I stopped playing those games, I stopped visiting those forums. The reason? My time has value to me and I spent it on gaming sites that I was actively playing.
    These are not the official forums for Blizzard. Checking my post history would reveal that there was a huge gap between my posting intervals. By saying that I will be here the next day and so on, I was inferring that my presence here will not stop at your behest.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe
    Given your bold statement about having Blizzard "delete" your D3, SC2, and WoW accounts ( which, just to play devil's advocate, I'm pretty sure cannot be done ... as I've tried to have a dupe ac deleted before and Blizz has said it cannot be done ), it would seem odd that you continue to devote your time and energy to a site which is dedicated to all the games you have deleted and do not enjoy.
    Here you go: http://imgur.com/MKspZDh
    They do lie a lot, don't take it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe
    On another related subject, your choice of online name is very odd given your disgust with the live game. You'd think for a guy that is in love with Vanilla and only Vanilla, you'd choose something thematically relevant to that expac. So strange and coincidental that you chose that name and we're on the cusp of a Legion expansion. Perhaps you should change it to LegionSucks or something like that? You know, just to make sure you aren't in danger of being confused with a guy that still likes WoW.
    You put too much thought into writing this part. If only you'd looked at my join date beforehand...Now you just look silly. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Man if you really think like that, your lost. Human Rights are NOT laws to give and take away.

Except that they are? Human rights in essence is just a piece of paper - a social construct. What is a human right or isin't is entirely subjective

They can be altered, or removed completely, if the people in power , or the majority of the population want to do that.
    Last edited by mmoc7f3035b6ae; 2016-04-10 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah TOTALLY only because it is Vanilla not that you know you can avoid paying money to play it. TOTALLY just about the Vanilla Nostalgia. Every single person there is all abord the vanilla train! None of them are there because it is free! PFFFT! LOL! I can't even.
    Ignorance.

Nothing but ignorance.

This isn't 2005 anymore. Back then people went to private servers cause they could play for free there. Because back then you actually had private servers with current content. Nowadays private servers are only there for old versions of the game. Nobody would play there if they actually wanted to play Warlords of Draenor. The games are totally different. They are so far apart, nobody who just wanted to play the game for free would be fine with playing an 11 year old version of the game.

Especially...

Especially...

when...

YOU CAN PLAY FUCKING RETAIL WOW FOR FREE.

God damnit, you people are ignorant.

IGNORANT.

Deleted
    This isn't 2005 anymore. Back then people went to private servers cause they could play for free there. Because back then you actually had private servers with current content. Nowadays private servers are only there for old versions of the game.
    Bullshit. It's because they can't reverse the new netcode/server architecture.
    If they could, there would be WoD pservers as well. And MoP. Especially MoP.

But nope, they're all shit. Vanilla is not the be all end all nirvana. It's because it's the only free goodiebag available.

Wow that'll show them! You keep playing those games that don't work as well, get shut down or can't even be played pirated online. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying a new season of D3 in the next couple weeks and getting ready for Legion. Every time I read about some PS being shut down I'll raise my glass for you fighting the good fight or whatever it is you are trying to stand for.
    I'm not gonna play any other private server. I'm not interested in P2W and buggy shit servers. Any pserver that turns a profit should be taken down. Was not the case for Nost. Nost was about passion. But that's something you'll never get.

The part about D3...honestly, why would someone put time into it is something that is beyond me (but then again, it's your choice). I was there on the first day of launch (5th or 15th of May, can't remember), I loved D2 so it was only natural that I'd go for this one. What I got in return for my passion and love was a shitty auction house game. I made so much money abusing the game, I can't even begin to describe. Probably close to 5-6k. I knew people that were able to make close to 10-20k by laundering the money from stolen credit cards. The fact that it was allowed to happen and went on for so long is unforgivable. They tried to get it back on track with RoS, but the game is still far from what it should be. Why you would buy D3 and not play something like PoE is yet another thing that is beyond my comprehension (I don't even play PoE, it's too time consuming).
    Last edited by Legion; 2016-04-10 at 03:42 PM.

No way you nor I can know their individual reasons.
    One thing is sure, there's a variable that makes the entire difference: It being Vanilla and thus unobtainable anywhere legally. If this specific server had been an emulated version of WoD, then yes, the biggest factor, by far, would be "because it's free". But this is not the same situation we are talking about here.

So, cut your Absolutes, because, by common rule, people who argue in absolutes lose all credibility from the get go.

God damnit, you people are ignorant.

IGNORANT.
    The irony. Yes I can but someone else is paying for it. The sub fee doesn't drop from the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Bullshit. It's because they can't reverse the new netcode/server architecture.
    If they could, there would be WoD pservers as well. And MoP. Especially MoP.
    There are tons of Mists of Pandaria private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Once you create something that is enjoyed by so many people, it is no longer yours as an entity. It belongs to everybody.
    Unless, of course, you copyright and trademark your stuff, that way, no matter if one person or the entire world enjoys it, it still fully belongs to you.

I imagine you believe artists like singers, bands and music companies are not the owners of the songs they produce, right? You believe that torrenting popular songs is entirely in your right?

Deleted
    Ignorance. Nothing but ignorance.
    No, you cant. You have to BUY retail first!