Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Blizzard is going easy on those people. They're lucky I don't run Blizzard. If it were me, I'd sue whatever provider is hosting illegal servers to make them give me the IP addresses of everybody who accessed an illegal version of WoW. Then I'd hunt down each individual person's internet provider info and send a big fat legal letter to that company. By the time I was finished, anybody who logged on to an illegal version of WoW wouldn't have an internet service provider.

It wouldn't even matter whether I had a legal justification to go after each individual person. Who are these companies going to side with, a multi-billion dollar corporation with vast resources and legal teams or a bunch of criminals?
    Lol, you must be having a very bad day to be making such a fool of yourself.

We're all here because of our love for Warcraft, whether it's Vanilla or current, private or retail...

Take it easy, buddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    It sometimes reached its goals, based on the 150K. Marketing ain't cheap. There's got to be a meaningful way to monetize a legacy server and there's been nothing to back it up except for throwing around that weak number of active users who mostly didn't pay a cent, and really wild speculation.
    Indeed i agree but people can speculate and defend whatever they want but none will be right until we actually had the answers from seeing it ourself but with the shown grown interest over the phast years for the hunger of vanila servers i can only assume it could go 1 direction.

Take a look on Minecraft, they have legacy servers, it went good for them but sure that's a whole other story but people do want legacy servers

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    So, 2 months before its abandoned in droves then?
    How exactly can Nost have constantly grown for one year if people would abandon a Vanilla server in two monthes ?
    You guys can't even be internally consistent...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Then you didn't play a private server. People progress much faster there. And that wasn't even my point though. Many would leave well before they came close to exhausting all the content. Because they've already been there, done that, on live. Nostalgia can only carry you for so long.
    It has nothing to do with Nostalgia though. I met plenty of people who had never played vanilla, and some never even played WoW before, and all of them say Nostalrius has been one of their best gaming experiences.

You're right that people progress through the content a lot faster, but that's only possible if all the content is released from the start. Nostalrius released content progressively, just like WoW did with patches back in vanilla.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimscoes View Post
    Sure i wasn't there... i was there up to level 45 so far and it took me months to get it and weeks in /Played time and i login there from time to time when i am bored in Draenor to have something to do and you don't even know what End content is in vanila unless you want to explain that to me since u know everything, right?

Spend the same much time in the games as u posted on MMO and you could make something with ur life
    I didn't raid back in Vanilla, so yeah. I ran out of stuff to do.

I suppose you where born yesterday
    I'm sure there is a large playerbase full of people that want to pay 15 bucks a month for never evolving content forever. In your fantasy world at least anyway.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Well, truth to be told, if they can avoid the bad marketing - that deleting lower population servers is - and instead manage to go for "cross-realm technology", thus keeping said lower population servers alive.. it can't be that harsh for them to have, keep and maintain servers.

There is no way to know how much the retention rate would be on Vanilla\Legacy type of servers - there would be loses, as there are everywhere, but there is no way to know how much the actual number is.

I'm going to bet that the biggest factor is that they can't phantom that players want a different game than the one they want to push out, their vision. Which is, obviously, completely within their right.

Again these 150K would become more if it was announced by Blizzard.

Nost achieved 150K+ without announcing, advertising anything, Pure by fan talking it reached it goals and imagine what blizzard can do then.
    That might not be a good thing, Blizz would have to provide enough Vanilla servers to deal with a massive rush at the start, then begin the whole process of merging and transferring when the numbers stabilise. I just can't see Vanilla severs being a good use of resources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So how do they handle the other legacy servers, like BC for example?
    Well you're right there is other private servers out there and to conclude it i'd like to see them adding one private server of each expansion.
    That would give the game a longer life spawn. People can progress on vanila for months, bored? progress or start over again but in the TBC server and so on.

I think that could be pretty damn good with a extra charged fee option for people who want this and again i think there is a lot of people who would want it, you can see that by the support of the articles about nost, youtubers and this whole blown up thing on forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt in my mind people would demand content and updates several months into a legacy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    How exactly can Nost have constantly grown for one year if people would abandon a Vanilla server in two monthes ?
    You guys can't even be internally consistent...
    Because they're paying zero dollars to play it? You start charging them money for no new content and it'll dive bomb harder than WoD and Wildstar.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That might not be a good thing, Blizz would have to provide enough Vanilla servers to deal with a massive rush at the start, then begin the whole process of merging and transferring when the numbers stabilise. I just can't see Vanilla severs being a good use of resources.
    I agree and that would take a heavy number on resources and so on but IF so many people now would be interested in it, it could be proffit able instead of giving them the middle- finger?

Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    You're right that people progress through the content a lot faster, but that's only possible if all the content is released from the start. Nostalrius released content progressively, just like WoW did with patches back in vanilla.
    So Re-release WoW all over again? Someone else already said it before: That's insane. Addiction to the max. If I was blizz I would take no part in that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No doubt in my mind people would demand content and updates several months into a legacy server.
    There is no content to ask for.
    Release the server with it's full content vanila server from start with everything and once people finished up there they can move on to the full established TBC one
    and so on. IF u want new content go to the retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Which newsflash to the pro legacy server guys: They're not going to split their development team or hire a new team just to do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Can we agree that it wont just be one vanilla server. its going to have to be PVE/PVP/Rp and one for each region.
    We could agree on that and i hope that wouldn't happen but have it somewhat like nostalrius. a overall / main server

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So Re-release WoW all over again? Someone else already said it before: That's insane.
    In what way is it insane? A team of 30 (that includes GMs and testers, developers is more likely closer to 10) were able to do it reasonably well without anything to go after other than memory and scarce resources on the internet, why wouldn't Blizzard be able to do it when they even have the source?

They could start a few servers every year in vanilla and progress through the expansions again, and it wouldn't even be very expensive for them to do it.

Well you're right there is other private servers out there and to conclude it i'd like to see them adding one private server of each expansion.
    That would give the game a longer life spawn. People can progress on vanila for months, bored? progress or start over again but in the TBC server and so on.

I think that could be pretty damn good with a extra charged fee option for people who want this and again i think there is a lot of people who would want it, you can see that by the support of the articles about nost, youtubers and this whole blown up thing on forums.
    We're questioning if even one vanilla server would be worthwhile and that's your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Which newsflash to the pro legacy server guys: They're not going to split their development team or hire a new team just to do that.
    Newsflash for the anti legacy server guys: Then those guys are not quite the target audience here. As people who want Vanilla WoW want just that - vanilla wow. Not [whatever updates might be introduced].

People want to experience the Ever-Evolving World? Regular servers are said way.

#PrayforNostalrius
    #NostalriusGate

Feel free to use those, constantly.