Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Acti-Blizz Lairs?

(Thanks spell check for changing Liar to Lair)

Act-Blizz claim 'fun' is one of the most important measures for them regarding the player experience .. Thinking about the 'journey' while leveling and how much 'fun' its supposed to be for us players makes me step back and take pause as a PvP focused player at Feral. We all accept the folks at Acti-Blizz have a finite amount of resources which are better put to use developing new content and fixing bugs and such .. But Feral is one spec that, in my opinion, has exceeded any burden of proof required to cross over into the blatantly BROKEN realm ..

Now please note I am only talking about the leveling experience, so pre max level, so I ask do they really care about fun?

I may be wrong, if so please correct me in my assumption that Feral is so obviously broken -with enhancement a close second and specifically Storm Strike- that it should be a no brainier in bringing down Feral damage and Storm Strike damage pre max level by a serious amount (15% - 25%).

Thoughts?

No-one really cares about the leveling system, and that's what kind of makes it a little fun as well.

The imbalance makes PvP & PvE really speedy and bursty, fun and engaging. If you want the slow pace, relaxed feel, you can get that through questing which, unless you're doing Outlands and maybe Northrend, then the leveling experience itself is quite enjoyable and quick as well.

I have no reason to think they're lying. Fun isn't a metric they can measure though, it's a sensation. They do their best to measure on fun, but it's not so easy to say that questing is a 6.7 on the fun scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Thoughts?
    That you are talking gibberish and have no point. Fun is subjective anyway. Some have great fun farming, I hate it with a passion. Fun is not the same for everybody.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted

Act-Blizz claim 'fun' is one of the most important measures for them regarding the player experience .. Thinking about the 'journey' while leveling and how much 'fun' its supposed to be for us players makes me step back and take pause as a PvP focused player at Feral. We all accept the folks at Acti-Blizz have a finite amount of resources which are better put to use developing new content and fixing bugs and such .. But Feral is one spec that, in my opinion, has exceeded any burden of proof required to cross over into the blatantly BROKEN realm ..

Now please note I am only talking about the leveling experience, so pre max level, so I ask do they really care about fun?

I may be wrong, if so please correct me in my assumption that Feral is so obviously broken -with enhancement a close second and specifically Storm Strike- that it should be a no brainier in bringing down Feral damage and Storm Strike damage pre max level by a serious amount (15% - 25%).

Thoughts?
    Max lvl is the main focus, not sure why you think low level should be important? Lvling is fine for people who don't have heirlooms and for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That you are talking gibberish and have no point. Fun is subjective anyway. Some have great fun farming, I hate it with a passion. Fun is not the same for everybody.
    Fun is subjective but it can be measured..one way is subs..another is feedback over time..

What I am asking is Feral just a spec like any other or do you also think it is so obviously broken it spoils 'fun' for the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The imbalance makes PvP & PvE really speedy and bursty, fun and engaging.
    No. You should not be bursted down in the first 5 seconds of an arena. That is not fun or engaging. If you find it fun because you play one of those imbalanced classes then you are no different than mouth breathing LFR players crying for better gear with minimal play.

Being CC locked for 15 seconds is not fun or engaging either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun is subjective but it can be measured..one way is subs..another is feedback over time..

What I am asking is Feral just a spec like any other or do you also think it is so obviously broken it spoils 'fun' for the rest of us?
    Sure if you can show that everyone who unsubs do so because they don't think the game is fun anymore. I have several friends who unsubbed even though they still enjoy the game. They unsubbed because they simply didn't have time to play on a regular basis anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Sure if you can show that everyone who unsubs do so because they don't think the game is fun anymore. I have several friends who unsubbed even though they still enjoy the game. They unsubbed because they simply didn't have time to play on a regular basis anymore.
    Its all taken into account .. and subs is one of the KPI ..

Feral broken blah. Apart from its slightly craptastic AoE mechanic, it's one of the most solid specs right now.

And it's FUN too, bruhaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Feral broken blah. Apart from its slightly craptastic AoE mechanic, it's one of the most solid specs right now.

And it's FUN too, bruhaha!
    We talking 1-9x PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all taken into account .. and subs is one of the KPI ..
    You have still not shown how you would be able to measure the amount of "fun" people are having. Looking at feeback doesn't really work either since we already know from past experience that the majority of people don't post on (un-)official forums.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-04-11 at 12:10 PM.

>talks about mouth breather LFR players crying for better gear with minimal play
    >crys about being cc locked and wants to win easier with minimal play

Lol learn to get better at PVP instead of complaining about something that isn't a problem.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Wass; 2016-04-11 at 01:17 PM.

You have still not shown how you would be able to measure the amount of "fun" people are having.
    While its not exactly the point of the thread, 'fun' resonates with game designers and developers .. the player experience and how engaged they are very much KPIs that are measured through spend, online time, various parts of the game participation as well as softer measures.

Multiple tools put together that begin to paint a picture for you .. this game is all about IMMERSION .. its an RP fantasy game we, the player, wanna dive in for a few hours a day and fantasize about being heroic, doing amazing things!

So now comes Feral, and pretty much destroys that fantasy (AGAIN ITS PRE 100) .. Point of the thread: Do you agree that feral is overturned during the leveling curve or not? If you do agree then is it so blatant that any one could so or its marginal?

We talking 1-9x PvP?
    Who cares, it's irrelevant. WoW isn't being balanced around low level stuff, it's always been that way. And rightfully so!

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Who cares, it's irrelevant. WoW isn't being balanced around low level stuff, it's always been that way. And rightfully so!
    As I said no one expect 'balancing' to take place pre max level with every new tier!

10+ Year Old Account
    While its not exactly the point of the thread, 'fun' resonates with game designers and developers .. the player experience and how engaged they are very much KPIs that are measured through spend, online time, various parts of the game participation as well as softer measures.

Multiple tools put together that begin to paint a picture for you .. this game is all about IMMERSION .. its an RP fantasy game we, the player, wanna dive in for a few hours a day and fantasize about being heroic, doing amazing things!

So now comes Feral, and pretty much destroys that fantasy (AGAIN ITS PRE 100) .. Point of the thread: Do you agree that feral is overturned during the leveling curve or not? If you do agree then is it so blatant that any one could so or its marginal?
    But you don't have access to that data, so you can not claim that they are "liars" when they said that they want people to have a fun experience. Maybe the vast majority of people are having a fun experience?

The only thing I have to say about a certain spec being overtuned during leveling is; every class is overtuned during leveling, especially when you are rocking full heirlooms. In pvp a player in heirlooms will absolutely destroy a non-heirloom player, doesn't matter which class/spec he is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    No. You should not be bursted down in the first 5 seconds of an arena. That is not fun or engaging. If you find it fun because you play one of those imbalanced classes then you are no different than mouth breathing LFR players crying for better gear with minimal play.

Being CC locked for 15 seconds is not fun or engaging either.
    ... Are you one of those mouth-breathers who can't read?

During the levelling process is what we're discussing ...

But you don't have access to that data, so you can not claim that they are "liars" when they said that they want people to have a fun experience. Maybe the vast majority of people are having a fun experience?

The only thing I have to say about a certain spec being overtuned during leveling is; every class is overtuned during leveling, especially when you are rocking full heirlooms. In pvp a player in heirlooms will absolutely destroy a non-heirloom player, doesn't matter which class/spec he is playing.
    You are absolutely correct and that -at least I think- is one of the purposes of a forum I'm actually asking you all if you share my gaming experience or not?

Thoughts?
    You havn't explained why the pre 100 leveling experience isn't fun or why you believe Feral is a broken class. You are asking for specific damage nerfs without explanation of why?
    Are you killing mobs too fast and it takes the fun away?
    Are you being killing in world pvp too fast?
    Are bosses dieing too fast in dungeons?

Even with these questions you have to ask yourself what kind of leveling gear are you using? If you are in full heirlooms then you can not complain about how "easy" it is; everything is subjective to the situation.

You need to explain your viewpoint or this thread should be closed as just another troll bait.

Edit: If you are in ful; heirlooms obviously you will out damage people who are not.

-X
    Last edited by xquizite; 2016-04-11 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xquizite View Post
    You havn't explained why the pre 100 leveling experience isn't fun or why you believe Feral is a broken class. You are asking for specific damage nerfs without explanation of why?
    Are you killing mobs too fast and it takes the fun away?
    Are you being killing in world pvp too fast?
    Are bosses dieing too fast in dungeons?

Even with these questions you have to ask yourself what kind of leveling gear are you using? If you are in full heirlooms then you can not complain about how "easy" it is; everything is subjective to the situation.

You need to explain your viewpoint or this thread should be closed as just another troll bait.

Edit: If you are in ful; heirlooms obviously you will out damage people who are not.

-X
    Great points, sorry for the confusion .. here goes:

I'm referring specifically to Arena pre 100 and generally about PvP/BG before 100. As a PvP minded player I queue for Dungeon/BG/Arena 2v2 and might do some quest chains that I really like the 'story' aspect of ..

I'm also talking from the POV of those baring the brunt of Feral damage during PvP ..

So to summarize, we all recall the Serpent Sting 'adjustment' a while back (when it was doing a huge chunk of a players hp in damage) which says they do look at these things .. So Feral must be OK for them! Is it ok for you?