Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    South African is the exception, not the norm.
    youre just gonna ignore the juicy juicy irony?

no fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'm not going to continue responding to someone who won't check the numbers themselves. Good bye, on ignore you go.
    So after i asked for the numbers, you didn´t provide them and now accused me of not checking them. Yeah, ok thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

so the immigrants over to be a positive contribution to taxation, now create new request of job? this sound good to me, and it's time to learn new languages

10+ Year Old Account
    gooooood luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Fria skolvalet isn't an issue in itself. What leads people to do that is what is the issue. They don't just suddenly up and decide "My kid is going to this school because I want them to", there's something behind it.
    The year after i started high school it was implemented, most of the people i knew that were 1 year younger went to high school 30km-60km away in bigger cities because it was "cool", they sure as hell didnt get further with it. And on top of that they had to shut down the school in my hometown because my "kommun" had to pay literally hundreds of thousands kronor to these schools taking in these kids, paying for their education basically. Det fria skolvalet is and will always be a big reason the schools today are fucked up, most of the schools expenditure end up in other schools pockets because of the moving kids, instead of going to the local school, teachers and classrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    No actually it is pretty well documented, just look up how big a percentage of the worlds Muslims think Sharia law should be implemented

And Don't kid yourself and act like the wast majority of the migrants aren't Muslim
    Supporting Sharia law doesn't equal to being encouraged to kill non-believers. I fail to see how one can make such a connection.

In Sweden, according to Wiki, there are 1,858,000 immigrants or children of immigrants.
    I have trouble finding the data on the current number of Muslims in Sweden, but in 2013 it was around 350,000, which is less than 20% of all immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    How can 90000 teachers needed even be possible? Surely there isn't that much of an influx in school aged immigrants to need that many teachers. Or is the normal teacher to student ratio in Sweden like 1 teacher to 3 students?
    You might not be aware of the fertility rate of immigrants and Swedish welfare system. They are asking for 90000 teachers in 3 years because for every muslim woman you'll have 2-3 kids within the next 5 years.

I live few km away from a town with 95-98% muslim immigrants (everyone else was forced to move away because of the ever-increasing crime rate against locals) and every woman is either walking around with 3-5 kids, pregnant or not married. I can absolutely tell you 90000 will be barely enough to keep up with their level of immigration if they also increase the class size, lowering the overall quality of education.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Supporting Sharia law doesn't equal to being encouraged to kill non-believers. I fail to see how one can make such a connection.

In Sweden, according to Wiki, there are 1,858,000 immigrants or children of immigrants.
    I have trouble finding the data on the current number of Muslims in Sweden, but in 2013 it was around 350,000, which is less than 20% of all immigrants.
    So you don't know what Sharia law is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    So you get grades in kindergarten now? People put their kids in more popular schools even from the age of 10 these days, i know because i've got younger siblings who cried about wanting to go to school in Gävle because it's more fancy than my hometown. I went to a "shit ghetto school", guess what? In Sweden it rarely matters where you went for high school as long as your merits are high enough. The only school i know that goes of reputation is Handelshögskolan in Stockholm, the rest? Doesnt matter.
    You don't think kindergarten matters ? It's been a very big choice for almost 5 years now. It's pre-school and gives your kids a huge edge if you get into the right ones with good educational system to prepare them for real school.

It's easier to get higher merits if you go to a school with better teachers, calmer classrooms and better working systems. It's not even up for discussion.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's called human empathy. I highly recommend it. Human empathy is the #1 reason the human race got to the top.

If the US was nearly as good of a country as we want to think it is, we'd be taking in a whole heck of lot more than 10,000 people, and places like Sweden wouldn't be in this position of showing us up...
    The US is already close to 20 Trillion in debt, why would the taxpayers willingly take on more tax burden when we can't even pay our own bills? Do you want to bankrupt us?

Either that or you are not one of the folks paying taxes yet and don't truly understand what it is like to raise a family, save for your children's college, save for retirements, try to plan a vacation or two a year, while your local, state and federal government tell you that you need to pay more and more in taxes each year.

Hard to be empathetic when your own countries finances are in the red.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    I do know what Sharia law is.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    The only benefit to sending kids so far away to learn is that they can do their homework during the ride. Unless it's some super-prestigious private school I really don't see the point. Wouldn't the tests for graduation be sent to another school to grade anyways? At least that is how I had it (germany).
    When a school underperforms wouldn't the goverment step in?
    Some friends of mine even had the problem that they closed schools due to a lack of money and even their parents would have preferred those schools to a 60-90 min busride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I do know what Sharia law is.
    Sharia in a form of law from the political form of Islam and is a literal interpretation of the Quran. So for example if someone steals something the punishment by sharia law is to chop off their hand. Another example is if someone leaves Islam the punishment is death....

Deleted
    IMO leave the sinking ship before the migrants revolt and burn and kill everyone and everything

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you think the majority of muslims live in 9 countries? Because there are only 9 countries where sharia applies in full, personal status and criminal proceedings. Also there´s only one country where sharia law applies to muslims and non muslims. And you probably might see a problem with your wording here, since sharia can be applied to personal status and/or criminal proceedings, so if you ask people about sharia you have to take into consideration how it´s applied in their country, since they could think of personal status sharia while the question is about ciminal proceeding sharia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post

Hard to be empathetic when your own countries finances are in the red.
    finances are in the red

and yet GDP is a positive number

i guess the government doesnt understand basic accounting

luckily we have you

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    You don't think kindergarten matters ? It's been a very big choice for almost 5 years now. It's pre-school and gives your kids a huge edge if you get into the right ones with good educational system to prepare them for real school.

It's easier to get higher merits if you go to a school with better teachers, calmer classrooms and better working systems. It's not even up for discussion.
    I know it matters to some parents, mostly the self-proclaimed elite. Yes it does, but the public "shitty" schools arent necessarily noisy with bad teachers, they're just having a bad reputation. Which in itself doesnt matter, when you get taken into a University or College they will never look at what school you went to, only ur grades, the number matters. But it's destroying our rural schools, every kid wants to live in the city, away from their parents, we can discuss the impact that can have on grades aswell, but it's never as interesting.
    From my class (in a shitty public school) many study at higher levels, one even went to Handels because his daddy was "Landshövding" in Gästrikland (connections/reputation is everything that matters in exclusive schools). Parents excuse their children way too much these days, it's their own responsibility to study, if they fail it's their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharia in a form of law from the political form of Islam and is a literal interpretation of the Quran. So for example if someone steals something the punishment by sharia law is to chop off their hand. Another example is if someone leaves Islam the punishment is death....
    When people say that they would support Sharia law in their country of living, they do not always mean the literal interpretation of it. Sometimes they just mean a system in which Islam is accepted as the official religion, and that in itself is mostly just a symbolic thing, although quite contradictory to democratic values. Polls of the same people asked for details reveal that their opinion on what Sharia law really is differs from person to person strongly.

Sharia law isn't going to happen in Sweden, hence this argumentation is pretty obsolete regardless.

Deleted
    Thread about Sweden : Check
    Also includes Muslims/Immigrants : Check
    The usual crap about how Sweden is now going to be a Muslim country in x number of years : Check

This shit needs it's own bingo card to go along with the tennisace one.

Better to bitch about the Muslims than the failings of the Swedish or hell, even Nordic systems to handle the situation, which has surprise surprise, almost nothing to do with the Muslims themselves and everything to do with a system that obviously isn't working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Thread about Sweden : Check
    Also includes Muslims/Immigrants : Check
    The usual crap about how Sweden is now going to be a Muslim country in x number of years : Check

This shit needs it's own bingo card to go along with the tennisace one.

Better to bitch about the Muslims than the failings of the Swedish or hell, even Nordic systems to handle the situation, which has surprise surprise, almost nothing to do with the Muslims themselves and everything to do with a system that obviously isn't working.
    BINGO!

whats my prize?