Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You see, I don't think that adding Battle.Net to pre-D2 games was something made with the intention of selling more of those games, but more in the intention of connecting those games through a single game platform and allow players to talk to each other cross-game. I mean, while playing WoW, you can with your friend playing Starcraft, and another playing Hearthstone.
    The transition away from physical media also had a lot to do with it as well - I own licenses to D2 and the expansion, and Starcraft, so I was able to put my keys in, and now if I get a wild hair to play either, I can download them and do that - on either platform, too, which is a bonus. It's a huge benefit for us, and a big cost saving for them, as they don't have to keep making CDs and DVDS for the installers. The Steam model for games sales is the way forward, and Blizzard adopted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxulos View Post
    I really like the France 1835 population useless statistic that is completely irrelevant to the reader and content, and 'Administation' typo.
    You do know Blizzard put a similar thing in theirs, right?

Saying that they've had 2x the population of South Korea as players.
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...1794353828.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Noxulos View Post
    I really like the France 1835 population useless statistic that is completely irrelevant to the reader and content, and 'Administation' typo.
    The france stat did make me giggle. Typos don't bother me considering the server was based in france so who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Yeah, I think this is the one thing I've heard that really kind of disgusts me. Nost dudes, I advise against actively trying to stick it to the people you're trying to convince to work with you.
    Rubbed me the wrong way on that too actually, it's the one thing they definitely have against them at the moment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Rubbed me the wrong way on that too actually, it's the one thing they definitely have against them at the moment to me.
    Yeah I think we can all agree that is the wrong route to take and would snuff out any goodwill they are trying build and hurt their cause of getting Vanilla servers to be a real thing.

You do know Blizzard put a similar thing in theirs, right?

Saying that they've had 2x the population of South Korea as players.
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...1794353828.jpg
    Ok, little less impressed with the nost graphic now. Thats a carbon copy, albeit a good carbon copy.

Yeah, I think even a lot of advocates agree that it comes off as spiteful and defiant, and would likely only hurt the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    In all my years of working in IT and with various types of software, I 100% do not believe for a moment that Blizzard do not have any of the old code around. It was a nonsense claim at the time, and it's a nonsense claim from anyone trotting it out now.

(I'm not saying you're saying that, but I have seen people say it.)
    Yeah I agree. It's just their official response.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    In other news, the petition has reached over 75,000 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

No matter your opinion on the issue, thats insane!!!
    My opinion, if people really cared, it should have hit 150k+ first day.

Yeah, I think this is the one thing I've heard that really kind of disgusts me. Nost dudes, I advise against actively trying to stick it to the people you're trying to convince to work with you.
    They had the chance to reply for over a week now.

They're releasing their code as obligated by the open source license of MancGOS.
    There is not a single line of blizzard code left in that if there ever was, same as there's not a single line of the original XBOX leak left in XBMC.

There's fuck all Blizzard or anyone can do about Nostalrius team or anyone for that matter open sourcing their emulator.
    Coding emulators is not illegal.

Funny how legalese works both ways aint it.

A Blizzard crowdfunding campaign for a vanilla server would be so fun.

(And yes, I know that isn't a real option, Blizzard would look absolutely ridiculous)

Quote Originally Posted by Gavan View Post
    Well that was the original idea of the achievements. The hardcore got the uber mounts and achieves and the casuals just got the gear. It didn't work out and we got an amazing use of the system in Uld, then saw the perversion starting with ToC with the heroic/normal split starting us down the path that just got horrid with the introduction of LFR.

I still think that if people could have gotten over the gear piece of their e-peen the Wrath launch system would have worked. There just wasn't any reason to do it any more than once for the achieve. It was hard to get, but irrelevant after you got it.
    I will also say that WotLK was by far my favorite expansion. Bearing in mind that I had a good bit of time to raid citadel and it was a golden age for the classes I loved in PvP. (I did not play dk although I played with one so I bear that unholy cross).

Arthas being my spirit animal helped too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    A Blizzard crowdfunding campaign for a vanilla server would be so fun.

(And yes, I know that isn't a real option, Blizzard would look absolutely ridiculous)
    It is a real option, but it would have to be overseen by extremely principled people.

I will also say that WotLK was by far my favorite expansion. Bearing in mind that I had a good bit of time to raid citadel and it was a golden age for the classes I loved in PvP. (I did not play dk although I played with one so I bear that unholy cross).

Arthas being my spirit animal helped too.
    Agree my guild deemend me worthy to get valanyr in ulduar and my best friend got shadowmourne in icc, best times in my life in s8 arena i tell ya

Deleted
    I really hope for an official statement regarding all this, they really shouldn't ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    They had the chance to reply for over a week now.

They're releasing their code as obligated by the open source license of MancGOS.
    There is not a single line of blizzard code left in that if there ever was, same as there's not a single line of the original XBOX leak left in XBMC.

There's fuck all Blizzard or anyone can do about Nostalrius team or anyone for that matter open sourcing their emulator.
    Coding emulators is not illegal.
    Can you show me this clause in the license. Not that I don't believe you but I was not aware this was the policy.

Well, that, and a multi-million dollar lawsuit pending from Blizzard, if the posts yesterday that they'd recieved word they were being sued are true.

In that light, I could see them saying "fuck it" and doing it, because any hopes they had of working in the game industry or in any company working on sensitive data, like banking, will go right out the window when they're named in a lawsuit. Doesn't make it right, but I understand the mindset, have seen it before in different contexts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Agree my guild deemend me worthy to get valanyr in ulduar and my best friend got shadowmourne in icc, best times in my life in s8 arena i tell ya
    This one time, me (Hpally) and my Arms warrior friend beat a resto druid with Valan'yr and DK with Shadowmourne in 2v2.

FUCK KNOWS HOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

You're making it sound as though they committed murder. Look at their reason, not the action. I see no reason to doubt them when they had noble intentions.
    It is indefensible that someone would take someone else's years of work and promote it as something like their own and claim noble intentions. They are software pirates; they knew exactly what they were doing and their incessant playing of the victim card since being getting the C&D is embarrassing to watch. Never mind that these fuckers are talking about releasing their source. Apparently so other software pirates can pretend to be noble too. Their behavior since all of this came up actually has me hoping the Blizzard will drag them into court for punitive damages.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'll chime in and say that the downfall of WoW started in classic with Diremaul and all the 'catch-up' mechanics. It ruined the experience skipping dungeons and learning the fights! /s

But honestly TBC started the first major wave of making the game easier and faster within progression, WotLK just hit the nitro boost. Especially when they added LFD.
    If by "downfall" you mean "turning away from what you personally want", then ok.

If by "downfall" you mean "drove subs down faster than if they hadn't done that", then you are spouting BS.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"