Poll: Will wow survive if Legion is as bad as WoD was?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Being in alpha I can tell you there is no way Legion will fail. so point of thread is useless.
    People said the same shit for WoD. The game ALWAYS looks good before it comes out. Because people are so thirsty for new content. WoD looked like it was going to be amazing. And it was shit.

I have a feeling Legion is going to be the same exact thing. It's going to look amazing at first and get old real fuckin fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Even if blizzard dies their game will live on with private servers for a long time after that.
    They'll close them shits up real fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard should take away these things:

-Class Halls
    -Followers
    -Artifact Weapons
    -So many difficulties of raids/dungeons. Go back to normals and heroic

They need to stop trying to reinvent the game. Go back to when content patches included new dungeons and raids.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Blizzard pretty much confirmed that this is the last expansion for WoW. The game is over 10 years old now and they want to focus more on first person shooter games like Overwatch and their card game. They have lost most of their subscriber base and I don't see them being able to maintain the game. The servers will probably be up for ever, but I fully expect the free to play model to be introduced at Blizzcon. It's really time to let this game die and move on to the next great game that hopefully Blizzard can produce.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I don't want to sound negative here, but I think we should at least wait to see all of the level 110 content in-game first before we start praising Legion. Endgame for WoD back when we were still in Alpha sounded amazing on paper: "each zone is going to have its own dedicated level 100 area. It's going to great." We know how that turned out.
    Sorry to disapoint you entire end game content is alredy in aplha for testing.

oh yeah and btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkUuHHAf7Q so much for class halls not begin garrison 2.0 it same *** all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be extremely loyal and passionate players about whatever the world of warcraft could become, that would be willing to play till death because they just enjoy playing wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Blizzard should take away these things:

-Class Halls
    -Followers
    -Artifact Weapons
    -So many difficulties of raids/dungeons. Go back to normals and heroic

They need to stop trying to reinvent the game. Go back to when content patches included new dungeons and raids.
    So they should take content away from the game to help the game.

Ya that totally makes alot of sense...

It may have a smaller playerbase but WoW would be fine if Legion is WOD 2.0, You got many people are are happy with how WOD was. Those who scream are the most loud people that you will hear and thats also negtive. Those who are enjoying the game are playing it, Those who are not enjoying it are on the forms bitching about it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-11 at 07:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Probly not
    Last edited by RoutinelyWorgen; 2016-04-11 at 08:49 PM.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

I want to remain optimistic and think that there's no way in hell that any future xpac could be remotely close to the awfulness of WoD...but the general consensus 4 years ago was "no way can they make the game worse than they did with Cata", yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Forget surviving after Legion, I'm still wondering if it has survived WoD.
    WoW still has millions of subscribers. If that's not surviving, what is?

OT: Of course it will. It'll be like it always has been. There'll be a spike of subscriber activity then it will gradually fall again back to it's average level. WoW will be just fine and it'll be around for as long as Blizzard keeps continuing the story.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    Not quite, writing atm.
    Last edited by RoutinelyWorgen; 2016-04-11 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    No way, I do hope Legion is fun but.. I havent heard any good news about the pruning in PvP, people just say (they invited all over 2.4k so its not just streamers now) its downright boring, and it feels WAY WAY WAY too bareboned.. Its just train damage with NO room (at all) for counter play. Im still trying Legion but, yea whatever, just hope they can fix it before release.
    the first person i heard say any of the nonsense you just stated was you. i've heard very few complaints about the state of pvp (aside from numbers, but everything number-wise is subject to change cuz alpha/beta)
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Blizzard pretty much confirmed that this is the last expansion for WoW. The game is over 10 years old now and they want to focus more on first person shooter games like Overwatch and their card game. They have lost most of their subscriber base and I don't see them being able to maintain the game. The servers will probably be up for ever, but I fully expect the free to play model to be introduced at Blizzcon. It's really time to let this game die and move on to the next great game that hopefully Blizzard can produce.
    Source? They have already been talking about a small team working on the next expansion AFTER Legion so I think you might want to rethink you saying they "pretty much confirmed" when they have done just the opposite.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

3 words, break even analysis.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Being in alpha I can tell you there is no way Legion will fail. so point of thread is useless.
    Oh yeah so they aren't gonna prune ability's? Cause looking at streams PvP looks like dogshit.

Artifacts alone gives more content than WoD offered.

My answer is yes, because if WoD survived, it will take something way worse than WoD to kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're speaking in term of survival, then yes. But if we're speaking in term of quality, then no.

I'm currently unsubscribed. First time in eight years this fall - and it's not because I have less time on my hands. It's because I really dislike the game in its current state. I'll give a shot at Legion - but it's my last try. I also believe a lot of people feel/think the way I do right now.

But WoW just cannot be killed. Even if the subscriptions drops, it won't be enough to kill the game. There will always be a core of people playing the game, as with anything else.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Oh yeah so they aren't gonna prune ability's? Cause looking at streams PvP looks like dogshit.
    You think you want more skills, but ya don't.

For me WOD was better than MOP, the only thing that i miss are the scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    If we're speaking in term of survival, then yes. But if we're speaking in term of quality, then no.

I'm currently unsubscribed. First time in eight years this fall - and it's not because I have less time on my hands. It's because I really dislike the game in its current state. I'll give a shot at Legion - but it's my last try. I also believe a lot of people feel/think the way I do right now.

But WoW just cannot be killed. Even if the subscriptions drops, it won't be enough to kill the game. There will always be a core of people playing the game, as with anything else.
    What do you mean its your last try, you only unsubbed once? I unsubbed many times, I still go back.

Perhaps you haven't played enough other shitty mmo's to know how great wow really is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Artifacts alone gives more content than WoD offered.

My answer is yes, because if WoD survived, it will take something way worse than WoD to kill it.
    Artifact weapons are essentially arcade-games condensed into a fancy weapon for you to use,
    there isn't exactly much to it besides the impact it has on your traditional play-style.

- - - Updated - - -

We're here to judge if WoW's reputation and integrity will survive if Legion turns out to be shit, we're not here to judge whether Legion WILL be shit. I decided not to pre-purchase Legion up until I saw gameplay from beta. It was mediocre at most, not something I'd be inclined to invest time in. And with each new patch it's really just been polishing its aesthetics and systems, the immersion is fair I guess but the Class-hall system is reeking of Garrisons, which is making me far more skeptical and if it gets worse then the only people we can blame are the asshats that pre-purchased.

- - - Updated - - -

If things go down that route then I'm quitting WoW for GOOD, that is if they don't come up with a miracle expansion before it rots away. I've checked out a couple MMOs already, GW2 and FF14 especially. While FF14 looked nice and all, it just felt repetitive as fuck and their absurd security system just made me stay away from that crap until the end of time. GW2 on the other hand was more unremarkable on each aspect, lore'n'gameplay and bugger all, the questing system most notably lacks a dynamic that gives you an incentive to go on.

The MMO genre at the moment is simply just losing its appeal for me, I'll probably move to playing LoL and your run-of-the-mill FPS games, Overwatch is no exception to that interest. But will Legion survive overall? Yeah, probably from its compulsively ass-bending fanbase in terms of profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow will always survive, there will always be millions of people willing to grind out meaningless pixels til the end of time.