Quick question for someone who is looking to start trading.

How do I gain any concept of what items should be priced at?

Do I actually have the make the items? Or do I just sell the BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

You can just sell BPs.
    As to the price, there's some auction-eske sites. I can get you a link later.
    However, sometimes you can use the lack of a global price to find deals.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Loving the new mace. But holy hell 30k cryotic was not too fun to farm. (Much of my own stock was drained researching for the clan). Worth it though, this mace is pretty damn enjoyable, it feels strong and has a decent balance of stats. While it is unfortunate it can't benefit from Heavy Trauma(and its primed counterpart), it still seems to do damn well with some decent elemental set ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god the ducat farming is going to be insane this weekend...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

You never have to make any items.

https://warframe.market/ is a great site as a general guideline, as to what things are worth. However, you really need market knowledge of trade chat because prices will differ between the listings on the site, and what you see in trade chat. Generally, you can find much better deals in trade because a lot of people aren't aware of what something is worth, this goes for both selling and trading. If you want a good average, look at what sellers are selling an item for, and compare it to what people are buying for. Generally from my experience it's somewhere in the middle, but it usually does gravitate towards the sellers price point. Don't be fooled by a lot of people being offline when gauging prices either, what that generally means, especially for vaulted items is those people haven't come back in a long time and it's what they had the item listed prior to it's vaulting.

Just because something is vaulted doesn't mean that it's necessarily going to be that expensive either. Generally, aside from collectors, people aren't going to buy weapons that are terrible even if they are vaulted, simply because most people don't care about mastery fodder items. Frost prime was recently unvaulted, yet he's much more valuable than Mag (who has been vaulted for a long time). Mainly because Frost is useful in half of the missions and has 2 rare pieces that were hard to get, where all of Mags pieces were easy to get and she only fills a niche roll.

If you look up the Wiki you can generally see what things sell for ducats as well. As a general rule, things that are worth 30 ducats are worth AT LEAST 5P, and 50 ducat items are worth 10P. But generally, I wouldn't sell anything worth that amount of ducats for that much, as it's better practice to just sell them for ducats yourself and get the items.

It took me a couple weeks to get use to pricing. Mods a great place to start. Generally poison dual stat mods are worth 5 each, fire/frost are worth 10-15, and lightning ones are worth 25-50. Drift mods are worth 10-15 while good corrupted mods are worth 20-35. The rare warframe mods like continuity and streamline are generally worth 10 each, with rage being worth at least 20. Tons more to list and stances are bit more iffy. As a guide line you get way more bites if you actually list a price as opposed to asking people to offer, in addition to that if you get a lot of whispers in quick succession, chances are you probably under priced your item.

Can't remember what the site is, but there is one that lists the rarity of drops in the void too. As a rule anything that drops from tower 3 is going to be more expensive than most other things in the game, especially if they come from the "C" loot rotation in survival/defenses. The site lists what is common and rare in the rotations.

Just like real market forces, having a complete set is a lot better than just having individual pieces. For example take a look Saryn Prime. Her systems are a common drop from T2 exterminate. T2 exterminate keys are easy to obtain, it's a common drop and generally you aren't going to get much more than 5-10P for it (great ducat fodder, 50 ducats). Saryn Prime BP drops from T3 exterminate which are annoying to get, and is a rare drop, something like this is going to sell between 25-35P. Saryn Prime Helmet drops from T2 MD and is a rare drop. Despite the key being easy to get it's price is generally the same you would expect from the BP because MD are really annoying and take at least ~8 minutes to complete, where an average exterminate takes you between 3 and 5 minutes. Lastly the Chassis drops from Tower 3 survival, and is a rare drop from the C rotation. Because of this it's price is around 80-90P.

If you add it all up, to acquire individual pieces is going to cost you roughly ~160P. When Saryn Prime was first released (when I first started playing the game) I got chassis from T3 survival and immediately sold it because when new, it's worth so much more, netting me 250P for a single piece. While combining the current prices is roughly 160 like listed, you can generally mark the price up by 25-40% getting between 200-225P fairly consistently. A month or so ago you would be able to sell that set for 450. Saryn is a good warframe, but honestly like anything eventually lots of people get it, it's new effect wears off and there are plenty of other frames that do what she can do better. As such, the price of this set has been ever so dwindling, especially from the 450-500P you would regularly get a month ago.

Like anything in life, if you can it's better to wait for prices to drop. I don't have a Nikana Prime yet, but I've sold so many hilts and blueprints over the past 45 days. Selling hilts for 85-175, and blue prints for 50-75. Eventually I'll complete it, but only when I see a decent deal (like yesterday I bought a BP for 20P).

Trade is really boring though, and truly to get the best deals you have to watch it like a hawk so you can jump on deals, you can lose deals by simply being 2 seconds late to being the first tell. For example I bought 4 prisma dual cleavers yesterday from a guy who just recently came back for 80P each, and turned around and sold each of them for 350P each in the next 30 minutes. The reason I wanted to off load them so quick was because Baro came today, and if he had happened to have those dual cleavers on his list, it's price would have dropped. A lot of people got burned holding onto buzzkills for a year trying to get really greedy with them, not accepting offers for 500-600, and then Baro came with the entire slash mod set, now buzzkills go for 50 to 100 (if you're lucky). You can flip things insanely quick if you're quick to reply to somebody and watch chat, lol.

I started in February, haven't bought platinum once and have went from 0 to 5500 platinum. Have several thousand in liquid assets I could unload at anytime, and as a rule I only buy things I don't have if they are severely under priced, otherwise I farm them. Only exception being arcanes because it's annoying to consistently find groups for them, and eventually probably Archwing things because I really don't enjoy how they have setup rewards in Archwing missions. Mostly buy the occasional booster, and tons of cosmetics. To each their own though!

So easy to make money when you have money. Right now I actually run into the problem of not having enough credits, so I generally run with credit boosters periodically so I can actually trade shit lol. I don't play as much as I did in the first month, so generally I just look for deals, sell most of my void stuff for ducats and just flip things people undersell that are going to get me good value on a per trade basis, instead of just farming everything. Void fatigue is real man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Loving the new mace. But holy hell 30k cryotic was not too fun to farm. (Much of my own stock was drained researching for the clan). Worth it though, this mace is pretty damn enjoyable, it feels strong and has a decent balance of stats. While it is unfortunate it can't benefit from Heavy Trauma(and its primed counterpart), it still seems to do damn well with some decent elemental set ups.
    I found out that I have over 500k cryotic. I feel like a bad person

As to the mace, they should really consider making it's downward slam more impressive, like a larger visual radius.

Also, I would like the ice block to be broken into lateral colors so I can make that r/w/b Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Snip
    Ah, thanks. That's some great advice. I was wondering why vaulted Prime parts weren't skyrocketed in price compared to available ones.

Would be nice if Warframe had a Auction House of some sort. Prices could be a little more set and wouldn't be as much player interaction. Inviting people to your dojo just seems like a pain. Especially if you're one of those traders who make a profit with millions of transactions.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2016-04-10 at 12:57 AM.

Would be nice if Warframe had a Auction House of some sort. Prices could be a little more set and wouldn't be as much player interaction. Inviting people to your dojo just seems like a pain. Especially if you're one of those traders who make a profit with millions of transactions.
    Yeah, it would be nice. There is http://warframe.market/ ,which helps a little, and there's /r/wartrade on Reddit, but those are basically just to help you hook up with buyers or sellers. In its current state, I can't be bothered with trading...I've spent $30 on this game, for some slots and cosmetics, which is basically all I'll ever need. Of course, that's what they want you to do--spend RL money for plat, because trading is such a hassle if you don't want to be watching trade chat like a hawk. So I doubt they'll be implementing a functional auction house anytime soon...there are too many lazy people out there, like me, who will pay money to just not have to deal with trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice. There is http://warframe.market/ ,which helps a little, and there's /r/wartrade on Reddit, but those are basically just to help you hook up with buyers or sellers. In its current state, I can't be bothered with trading...I've spent $30 on this game, for some slots and cosmetics, which is basically all I'll ever need. Of course, that's what they want you to do--spend RL money for plat, because trading is such a hassle if you don't want to be watching trade chat like a hawk. So I doubt they'll be implementing a functional auction house anytime soon...there are too many lazy people out there, like me, who will pay money to just not have to deal with trading.
    That's true, but if you look at how much of the game can be obtained through grinding, not even, in most cases, extremely bad grinding, I like their business model more than most other F2P titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's true, but if you look at how much of the game can be obtained through grinding, not even, in most cases, extremely bad grinding, I like their business model more than most other F2P titles.
    I honestly enjoy it, I can drop in and work towards something whenever. Got a friend who buys everything with platinum ASAP and I have to hear him complain that he's not got much to do. Makes me face-desk.

It's nice that everything I get has some value, even if it is just a single Plat. Fuels my love for cosmetics! Too bad the recent Tennogen stuff costs actual money. Though I have bought a couple of those, some people are just damn creative. I love the Excal and Zephyr skins.

Is there something affecting tower RNG? I've just ran 14 T3 Exterminates in a row and only got 2 out of the 6 drops. Not even a forma.

Really hope they change this system soon. There's a right way and wrong way to use RNG in games, and making players repeatedly run the same challenge-less runs over and over just doesn't seem right. RNG is supposed to keep people entertained through different things happening, this just leads to people saying 'thank god it's over'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there something affecting tower RNG? I've just ran 14 T3 Exterminates in a row and only got 2 out of the 6 drops. Not even a forma.

Really hope they change this system soon. There's a right way and wrong way to use RNG in games, and making players repeatedly run the same challenge-less runs over and over just doesn't seem right. RNG is supposed to keep people entertained through different things happening, this just leads to people saying 'thank god it's over'.
    Some item drop rates are lower than others.
    Spira Prime parts for example are all about 5%~. Where as some other primes are 20%~

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup despite DE saying drops are the same, people have data mined that it's quite opposite. There is a real reason why some of the items are worth more than others, and that's because they simply drop less often.

I use all of my platinum that I get through trading on slots, boosters (credit usually), and cosmetics. The only thing I'll buy that I can farm are things like arcanes, because my group doesn't want to do trials everyday and trying to form a pug for them is incredibly hit or miss. I'd contemplate some of the archwing weapons because of how broken the reward structure are in archwing missions (example, some missions having zero weapon part drops with a couple of them having several piled into one mission) , but I'm not really in a rush to try to push from MR20 to MR21 as I'd need plenty of things outside of archwing things anyway. Adds longevity to the game IMO, as instant access to something would get pretty boring.

I never really spent much time looking at the idle animations on each of the warframes until last night, so I bought a couple of them and did some mixing and matching. Seeing my Chroma use the Mirage Noble animation is pretty hilarious, as he stands with one foot forward with a hand on his hip blowing kisses every 15 seconds.

All that said I like their F2P model a lot, one of the better ones I've come across. If I hadn't been so seasoned in trading through various games over the years I for sure would have dumped some cash into the game with a 50% or 75% discount coupon to support the game because I did get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it. I have so much now that I'm not really sure what to buy, but will probably save it for a rainy day or a big update where they add more cosmetics that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

I never really spent much time looking at the idle animations on each of the warframes until last night, so I bought a couple of them and did some mixing and matching. Seeing my Chroma use the Mirage Noble animation is pretty hilarious, as he stands with one foot forward with a hand on his hip blowing kisses every 15 seconds.
    I use that on my Rhino with the Deluxe Skin. Mirage seems to make anything pretty hilarious/out of character xD

I really enjoy Ember's poses, I use that often with my Saryn.

I haven't really found cosmetics to be really all that worth it in this game. I haven't actually met many players that stand still enough for people to see what they are wearing. And if they're for you yourself to enjoy, they're all hidden behind your cape.

I haven't really found cosmetics to be really all that worth it in this game. I haven't actually met many players that stand still enough for people to see what they are wearing. And if they're for you yourself to enjoy, they're all hidden behind your cape.
    True. I've found myself starting to use Syandanas less and less on characters.(Which is why I wish they would fix Arcanes by now so I don't feel forced to use syandanas to get my fancy buffs.)
    Most chances to see other players is when they're busy hacking, defending an objective, or sitting at the end of a mission.

I'm in love with the Oberon deluxe skin, though. Zero attachments, cause it looks so perfect.

Primed aksomati master race.

Primed Vauban looks awesome.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Trailer for the next quest/big update in the end: