10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Different type of game entirely. Was WoW your first MMORPG?

Way to avoid the question though. It has been noted by myself and every other person reading. You really don't give a fuck what happens or how its done you just care about me me me me me.
    I played Everquest where I raided as a Cleric. I played Earth and Beyond where I raided as both a Terran Trader and a Jenquai Defender. I had a Carbineer in SWG where I killed myself constantly because the HAM system was the shittiest combat system ever created. I played an Infiltrator in Planetside 1 and hacked the planet.

If the legacy server dies would I go away? I bloody play retail. I don't even play on the private realms. I just want some of the old MMO aspects to come back into the current game. If they refuse I'll gladly go ahead and play on the vanilla legacy realm. If that dies then I suppose that the game I loved really is dead and I'll go find another game to play.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    thats why wow is dying
    I think he dies before WoW does tbh, just a fat guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Oh no doubt they had perfect storm it all clicked for them. They had good game with famous lore at good time with little competition and they were really good at monetizing it...hell wow now makes more then in vanilla/tbc with less subs and thats pretty damn impressive after all those years. I agree things can be better but i hardly think any of them has any major regrets.
    Im the first to admit Blizzard is a business and priority number one is to get as much money from as many as possible. Now im no Richard Branson but in doing this they seemed to try and keep ahead of their own curve? Even though they had the player base they pushed too hard with the business side and its spilt into the game. For example the in game shop, char boosts, the attempt to advertise themselves on twitter with the selfie cam etc etc. Greed is good but it can also be fucking stupid and blow up in your face.

Im probably once again clutching at straws here and no doubt i'll be corrected, but subs and game sales are not enough any more.

To big for their boots i think is the saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I think this is the first message where someone mocked Boogie for his weight.
    I, too, like to dismiss people's opinions based on the person's weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I played Everquest where I raided as a Cleric. I played Earth and Beyond where I raided as both a Terran Trader and a Jenquai Defender. I had a Carbineer in SWG where I killed myself constantly because the HAM system was the shittiest combat system ever created. I played an Infiltrator in Planetside 1 and hacked the planet.

If the legacy server dies would I go away? I bloody play retail. I don't even play on the private realms. I just want some of the old MMO aspects to come back into the current game. If they refuse I'll gladly go ahead and play on the vanilla legacy realm. If that dies then I suppose that the game I loved really is dead and I'll go find another game to play.
    But no recognition of the fact that YOU don't know shit about development or what the fanbase wants/needs as a whole.

So my assessment was correct... its all about you, to hell with anything else. I'll bitch and moan until I get what I want then I'll go.

en·ti·tle·ment
    -the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement"

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/EB7UY1S

Hey, frontpage of reddit

No demand for vanilla r-right guise?
    Last edited by mmoc7f3035b6ae; 2016-04-12 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But no recognition of the fact that YOU don't know shit about development or what the fanbase wants/needs as a whole.

So my assessment was correct... its all about you, to hell with anything else. I'll bitch and moan until I get what I want then I'll go.

en·ti·tle·ment
    -the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    I am currently subbed to retail. I simply believe that the genre is better when you have to work for things. You asked me if I would shut up if the game was never again going to be what I liked and I responded then you attempted to corner me when I gave you the answer you asked for...

If World of Warcraft removed LFD/LFR, instant gratification, class homogenization, and brought back proper tiered progression would you quit? If you would you are a bad person..... Nonsensical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Thats some freaking nice fat word play! gz

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post

Hey, frontpage of reddit

So 3000 upvotes by the members of the same we-hate-blizzard-give-nostalrius-circlejerk are pushing their demand.
    Maybe those who don't care about that topic should flood reddit and co.

en·ti·tle·ment
    That's a good summary of why the game is in the state it's in now.

Deleted
    there was never a denyin that there is a demand for f2p vanilla wow. We said it would never be worth the work to put them in place by blizzard to met their quality, 64bit compability, etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Hahahahaha!!!

This is the best comment in this thread. Nailed it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    So 3000 upvotes by the members of the same we-hate-blizzard-give-nostalrius-circlejerk are pushing their demand.
    Maybe those who don't care about that topic should flood reddit and co.
    Yeah, i think they should. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    Hahahahaha!!!

This is the best comment in this thread. Nailed it!
    They don't comprehend it. Handing shit out to everybody kills the desire to achieve anything. It's seriously poison for an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    there was never a denyin that there is a demand for f2p vanilla wow. We said it would never be worth the work to put them in place by blizzard to met their quality, 64bit compability, etc etc....
    Are people complaining about D2 not being up to snuff?

Nope - they know what they're getting when they go play it, as do the people who want to play Vanilla again. They're not asking for new models, quests, skills, talents, etc. They would just play retail if that's what they wanted...

And people are willing to pay so take your F2P bullshit and stuff it.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't comprehend it. Handing shit out to everybody kills the desire to achieve anything. It's seriously poison for an MMO.
    Yeah but why should I effort? EFFORT IS HARD!

10+ Year Old Account

Hey, frontpage of reddit

Oh the irony.

The guy is talking about a more social experience. Yet he has this to say:
    What I remember WoW the most for was the original leveling experience.
    Which for the majority of people is a solo experience. Fuck. Off.

I would agree that the rush to max level is ridiculous. Expansions ruin people... they get down right crazy. Even the most casual people/guilds start to get this bug to be server first... as if the new xpac levels the playing field. It doesn't you're still casual playing in a casual guild. Take it slow and enjoy yourself.

The only way to change that at this point is not make the leveling process MORE difficult, or make it a longer duration. It would be to remove leveling altogether. What purpose does it serve at this point? Could we not have an expansion that simply added more content?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yeah, because the small group of elitists thought they were entitled to experience everything themselves and keep themselves in a high-horse position that when Blizzard actually wised up and went away from that model, they started throwing hissy fits (A.K.A. All those pro-legacy realm posters here, on FB, & reddit.) It's quite evident.

Deleted
    Oh the irony.

I would agree that the rush to max level is ridiculous. Expansions ruin people... they get down right crazy. Even the most casual people/guilds start to get this bug to be server first... as if the new xpac levels the playing field. It doesn't you're still casual playing in a casual guild. Take it slow and enjoy yourself.

The only way to change that at this point is not make the leveling process MORE difficult, or make it a longer duration. It would be to remove leveling altogether. What purpose does it serve at this point? Could we not have an expansion that simply added more content?

Yep, remove levelling all together. Great idea.

I simply believe that there should only be a single difficulty for raid content and it should be hard. Other content should be developed as well for other players who can't hack it or commit the time to it. The new Mythic Dungeon system seems a like a great system to build on. Crafting should be a path to progression to if gear is your motivation, but to me it's the content. I raided to see the most complex encounters, to kill the biggest bosses in the game, and to socialize with like-minded players. Then again I want ALL things in this game to be difficult, take lots of time, and grant a feeling of real achievement again.
    I feel quite fulfilled when I accomplish something that was difficult. Some random person completing LFR is a non issue, I don't care. Knowing they did that does not detract from what I did. Only thing I can think of is you need that easy instant recognition of having the gear use to give, so that some random person says WOW to you every now and then. But I don't need that fluffing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Yeah, because the small group of elitists thought they were entitled to experience everything themselves and keep themselves in a high-horse position that when Blizzard actually wised up and went away from that model, they started throwing hissy fits (A.K.A. All those pro-legacy realm posters here, on FB, & reddit.) It's quite evident.
    They appreciate a challenge, while people who complained that they couldn't do the content are incapable of breathing through their nose.

Nobody is complaining that people get to see the content, but why don't you L2P first? PLEB!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the irony.

Did you not see that he said he grouped with people while he leveled to do dungeons? Dungeons which took hours, and you couldn't solo?

YOU READ GOOD< SMART PERSON IS U