Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Subtlety rogues got royally fucked on their artifact. I'd put ours only slightly above theirs. The offhand is the book written by the first Shadow Priest in existence. Wish that was more of the focus than the dagger. Not a fan of old god themed weapons in general. The worst part is being locked into that weapon category.
    Fun fact about that (Legion spoilers): Natalie Seline actually appears in our order hall follower list, the author of that book!

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    Fun fact about that (Legion spoilers): Natalie Seline actually appears in our order hall follower list, the author of that book!
    Oooo I didn't know about that. That's exciting.

There is a new look for our artefact, that we haven't seen before on WoWhead. It's kinda cool.

I'm still kinda sad that our artefact is basically non existent while also being left behind in the spell animations department.

Homophobia is so gay.

I do think that the lore behind the shadow artifact is really strong, but it's just the model that is lacking for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    There is a new look for our artefact, that we haven't seen before on WoWhead. It's kinda cool.

I'm still kinda sad that our artefact is basically non existent while also being left behind in the spell animations department.

Not going to lie those are pretty hot ........That second with the MOP elite pvp green set......hot dayum.

Unfortunately that's the major downside of it being a dagger. I think the model of it is okay-ish, but you just won't see it very well in game especially because of our (slightly lighter) shadowform in Legion. I would've preferred our weapon to be a staff, personally. Oh well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm still waiting for some spell animations on PW : Void and Mindblast.
    Could some one tweet this, and why not use the insanity mindflay as our new mindflay animation for legion?

Still realy lacking in the animation department.

Unfortunately that's the major downside of it being a dagger. I think the model of it is okay-ish, but you just won't see it very well in game especially because of our (slightly lighter) shadowform in Legion. I would've preferred our weapon to be a staff, personally. Oh well.
    Yeah I would have liked a staff too.

On another note, I hope there is a caster cloth set in legion that has the dark red/black mightmare feel to it.

Deleted
    Definitely, dagger is a pretty meh weapon as far as looks go and we had so many other weapon choices. One of the Disc staves looks like a way better shadow weapon than what we got. I would have preferred a mace over a dagger but there's no beating a great looking staff.

I'm really not feeling the Old God stuff for our class in general, I wish they would have opened up 'the shadow' more into like darkness/misery/death than go for tentacles and spaghetti monsters.

I do not mind a dagger and book for class flavor, if you consider it as an athame. However, as an athame, it should have more spell interaction.

Personally I like the PvP version. Unfortunately it means that I have to do an area that I avoid to get it...

I'm not that bothered by the dagger thing. Its way bigger than a regular dagger, have a nice lore attached, and i like the design. Sure a staff would have been cool too or even a scythe, but theres too many specs using an staff. I think the dagger is original but i totally understand why some people don't like it or even hate it.

Going off topic here: There's an Anime i really like called Fate Stay Night: Brotherhood, where the main characters must summon heroes from different ages and countries of mankind to fight for the Holy Grail, which concedes any desire the summoner and the hero want it.
    The heroes of the past are literally called by the archetype name of classes. Names like Archer, Assassin, Caster, Berserk etc. Each and every one of those heroes have a main weapon with special powers.

Anyway, the Caster hero is a Woman from the ancient greek mythology. Extremely Powerful with all sorts of magics especially with Void and Arcane Stuff and her weapon is a Dagger Called Rule Breaker.

And here is her.

Back to Shadow Topic: What i really like about using a dagger is that our power comes from us. Its like we don't need to hold a staff like gandalf to help us canalize our power. Shadow Priests are so powerful and have such a strong will, that for us, our weapon is just merely a tool to more ritualistic ceremonies. At least that's how i pictured in my mind our Class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Could some one tweet this, and why not use the insanity mindflay as our new mindflay animation for legion?

Still realy lacking in the animation department.
    For me, the worst part of it was when Aff Locks got Malefic Grasp. As a channeled filler, it was basicaly their own version of Mind Flay but with one of the best visuals ever. Then it was removed.
    But for us Shadow Plebs, 11 years later, our old Mind Flay still looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Definitely, dagger is a pretty meh weapon as far as looks go and we had so many other weapon choices. One of the Disc staves looks like a way better shadow weapon than what we got. I would have preferred a mace over a dagger but there's no beating a great looking staff.

I'm really not feeling the Old God stuff for our class in general, I wish they would have opened up 'the shadow' more into like darkness/misery/death than go for tentacles and spaghetti monsters.
    I honestly think that more people will open up to the direction of shadow priests lore wise as the new story is fleshed out. Warlocks and shadow priests have been sort of intermixed and the differences were muddy, but now each spec/class feeds off of it's own "bad guy power". Warlocks feed off of the Legion while shadow priests feed off of the Void. I think having a clear niche defined by solid lore is great for shadow going forward.

Either way, i do wish tentacles were more darkness/void stuff...but old gods are known for tentacles sooooo.

Deleted
    I know what you mean, but shadow is still a mish-mash of about ten different themes and now there's one more that still isnt fully fleshed out. Like there's links to spirits, mind control/psychic powers, 'shadow words', faith, the light, vampiricism, in the past there was lots of sorrow/misery/darkness and now also the void but none of them really link together in a coherent way or have a really strong identity. It feels a lot like lots of tiny themes that have built up over the years because they didn't have a full vision of where things would be going. They'd be better picking one and giving us spells etc that actually match that theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina
    One of the problems I have with the Shadow rework is that it had a change of theme mostly on paper. Old Gods' stuff, yes, but in reality we just have VF's tentacles, the Tentacle trait, and StM. Everthing else is the same 'undefined' old shadow stuff or heavy 'Void Energy - unfathomable power' generic caster things - mostly single target direct damage nukes/spells. No real Old Gods' inspired talent/spell except for StM, they even removed Void Tendrils who was arguably the most fitting spell for the new concept.

I always loved Shadow, but I think that its appeal was due to its undefined and vague thematic. The spec's lore was almost mainly fan-made, and everyone saw his priest the way he wanted because it was so... Mixed. Ravens, mind stuff, orbs, stars, spectral things, life&death, dark angel, void, shadows, vampirism... Now we supposedly are focused on Old Gods and I'd love it if it was shown but... I can't really feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Yeah I would have liked a staff too.

On another note, I hope there is a caster cloth set in legion that has the dark red/black mightmare feel to it.
    This dungeon set is quite nice. Has some similar elements to t19 priest (hood (although this one is down), writing stamped with wax on the shoulders, thread holding the chest together, long piece down the bottom of the robe, etc.) but the shoulders feel a bit more spriest. There were two other colors (A and B) but they don't seem to be in the database anymore.

http://legion.wowhead.com/dressing-r...8B0x808Cnn808s

As for that dagger skin I'm wondering how many gaudy old god body part skins they'll go through before giving us a version with a different theme like some of the other specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I know what you mean, but shadow is still a mish-mash of about ten different themes and now there's one more that still isnt fully fleshed out. Like there's links to spirits, mind control/psychic powers, 'shadow words', faith, the light, vampiricism, in the past there was lots of sorrow/misery/darkness and now also the void but none of them really link together in a coherent way or have a really strong identity. It feels a lot like lots of tiny themes that have built up over the years because they didn't have a full vision of where things would be going. They'd be better picking one and giving us spells etc that actually match that theme.
    I still stand by my statement that they should have based us off of the shadowmoon clan's void magic. They felt like the perfect antithesis of the other two priest specs (see this post I made highlighting some examples just in the dungeon itself) and derived their power from the void directly like a holy priest with the light.

Yeah that set is nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be honest for a second here. There is no way that any other race in the game is even going to come within a universe of the strength of troll for pve shadow in legion. Wait until about 20 stacks of your first void form, and cast mindbender -> void bolt ->Berserking/Void Torrent

You will get 15% haste on our biggest hitting ability by a mile that scales insanely well with haste, mind bender gets more hits in for insanity gain and damage, your dots tick 15% faster on top of the 20% haste buff/60% damage increase, your extra dot ticks proc more insanity gain from tier, you get a cd reduction on your nukes, and your extra void form stacks carry over to lingering insanity.

Compare this to like....1% crit lol.

I kind of want to see how absolutely silly the last surrender to madness void torrent can get with 90% haste + berserking + bloodlust + Power Infusion lolol.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-12 at 10:18 PM.

I wish we had more talents/artifact traits that interacted with void torrent. I really think a proc cooldown reduction for void torrent (or void bolt) would make more sense for shadowy insight to make it at least plausibly useful. mind blast is just way too low value of a spell in legion for SI to ever make sense (and it already was always shit this entire expac to begin with).

I don't think they would put in a talent that required the artifact, but I could see that being a trait or maybe a future tier bonus or trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    I wish we had more talents/artifact traits that interacted with void torrent. I really think a proc cooldown reduction for void torrent (or void bolt) would make more sense for shadowy insight to make it at least plausibly useful. mind blast is just way too low value of a spell in legion for SI to ever make sense (and it already was always shit this entire expac to begin with).
    I can see the void torrent one end up replacing the now dead PH artifact trait, would be nice thing to see(assuming it gets changed to a dps trait).
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    I don't think they would put in a talent that required the artifact, but I could see that being a trait or maybe a future tier bonus or trinket?
    or void bolt - anything. mindblast's DPCT is significantly lower than on live and it makes very little sense to have talents like SI now. the talent was a newbtrap in wod, but it's actually substantially worse in legion.