• Not for Legion but for above.

0 0%
  • I am mixed on this.

6 8.82%
  • Don't care

10 14.71%
  • Other: STATE IN COMMENTS

8 11.76%

Lets get to the point: Do you want garrison tables in Legion and above?

Legion is rapidly becoming a WoD 2.0 on the alpha servers, with the order table commanding, this doesnt bold well. do you want order tables in legion and future expansions?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Another bullshit negative post, who would have figured...

it's not a big deal in legion even if you hate garrisons. folks going crazy about this are completely overreacting.

no its not , for someone who browses the legion alpha discussion alot you seem to know very little

stop spreading falls info

They might as well keep doing them. It will keep me from being tempted to return to the game. Millions of others as well.

Deleted
    i have tested it and seen streamers play with it... the Mission table is not bad at all, and it is the best thing comming from the Garrison (yes, garrisons is not the best thing ever but come on guys) so stop crying and see what will happen when Legion comes out.

What bothers me most is the dev time spent on Garrisons 2.0 could be spent making something else. Granted, it probably doesn't take much dev time to plop the command table into order halls like some final nasty turd squeezed out of Blizzard's hairy butt, but even so it bothers me that they're wasting time and effort on a system that was widely reviled in WoD.

What about the Tanaan daily quest table?

Legion's "garrison table" is more or less that table. It's a quest giver.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    What about the Tanaan daily quest table?

Legion's "garrison table" is more or less that table. It's a quest giver.
    Sounds like what I've been hearing. It's a content starter, not a content replacer. Which bodes very well for Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said Other.

I get that the concept is fun for some people. I've made millions of gold this xpac off my tables. But they overdosed us on the things - they really ought to skip them in Legion, and maybe bring the scaled-back version in for the post-Legion expansion.

As for the "it's a quest giver" thing - geez if that's all it is, I'd rather interact with an NPC than a table.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    As for the "it's a quest giver" thing - geez if that's all it is, I'd rather interact with an NPC than a table.
    So, why not both?

You're the boss, you come to work and several assistants start giving you the day's developments (NPCs with their quests), and then you enter your office and in your desk they've laid out the reports you asked for yesterday, and other things of interest (order hall map with quests).

The end.

I mean, after a while, scurrying around a hub picking up quests becomes a tedious un-immersive chore (just like the commander of the garrison traipsing around the place, picking up work orders in person and doing menial peon work). It's good to have at least one centralized "quest board" for some day to day stuff (even though that will also become a chore, of course). And as for why a table/map instead of an NPC with that interface... well, a table/map/obelisk is more visible than a NPC, after all, and gives out a better sense of planning around stuff.

The garrison table was about "bring me lots of stuff", while the order hall map is more about "I'm going over there".
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

So far my biggest problem with the Order Hall table is just the fact that it looks like it's being used to time-gate content. You want to progress on your class order hall quest? Well first you need to send your followers out on this mission that takes 30+ minutes. Oh wait, you don't have the resources to do the mission? Well wait until you do, then come back!

I dunno, I'm going to wait until there's more info about the system before I make any judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What bothers me most is the dev time spent on Garrisons 2.0 could be spent making something else. Granted, it probably doesn't take much dev time to plop the command table into order halls like some final nasty turd squeezed out of Blizzard's hairy butt, but even so it bothers me that they're wasting time and effort on a system that was widely reviled in WoD.
    You can argue that about anything in the game, that it is taking time away from something else.
    Also is something reviled, or just a popular subject to whine about.
    Are garrisons just bad ?
    No, badly implemented is a more accurate description.
    People jump on the hate bandwagon without trying to talk about why something didn't work, only that it didn't meet their personal and narrow-minded views.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    So, why not both?

You're the boss, you come to work and several assistants start giving you the day's developments (NPCs with their quests), and then you enter your office and in your desk they've laid out the reports you asked for yesterday, and other things of interest (order hall map with quests).

The end.

I mean, after a while, scurrying around a hub picking up quests becomes a tedious un-immersive chore (just like the commander of the garrison traipsing around the place, picking up work orders in person and doing menial peon work). It's good to have at least one centralized "quest board" for some day to day stuff (even though that will also become a chore, of course). And as for why a table/map instead of an NPC with that interface... well, a table/map/obelisk is more visible than a NPC, after all, and gives out a better sense of planning around stuff.

The garrison table was about "bring me lots of stuff", while the order hall map is more about "I'm going over there".
    Just like they brought the shipyard table into the garrison hall.
    There was no reason beyond "flavour" for the journey, as the mission table can be accessed via other outposts.
    Therefore why should that one table have required that distance.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-13 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Couldn't you at least put a non-biased option in here? I don't mind garrison tables in Legion so long as they aren't the only form of content. This game isn't just about what I want.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

If they have to put missions I'd rather not have them as gatekeepers to your order hall campaign or access to daily quests. Let's say I want to log and do few dailys / world max level objectives / etc. I want to have access to them without having to go through some lengthy set up of unlocking them through missions. If I see "ohai you didn't send missions yday no quests for you today" I'm gonna rage.

Missions as a side game, fine, missions as a mandatory step in the middle of end game will suck as much as gating valor rewards behind MOP reps / dailys. People didn't hate dailys for the sake of it, they hated it because they blocked access to something else (spending currency from dungeons / raids). Same with garrison missions, and garrisons in general. People hated they HAD to build shipyard (including garrison lvl 3) to access Tanaan and they HAD to invest in it to get their legendary ring.

Missions as a casual ignorable side content like pet battles or archeology are fine: for people who enjoy them they can play them, for rest you can skip. But missions that you HAVE to do to get your weekly raid quest or progress the order hall story? Well that feels forced and sucks for people who hated garrisons and wanted to mana bomb them from the orbit.

P.S. I personally liked garrisons / followers in WOD. I hated shipyard because of all the "expendable" notion around the ships. When I heard in Legion we'll get expendable troops that work akin to ships my heart sunk a bit, I want to play an RPG where I feel a hero, not a strategy game where I count what is an acceptable attrition rate of my army. :/
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-04-13 at 01:36 AM.

If they left the system exactly as it was in WoD? No.

But I think there is room for iteration on the system that can make it something worthwhile, without being at the cost of other, more engaging content. So I selected 'other' in the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Legion is rapidly becoming a WoD 2.0 on the alpha servers, with the order table commanding, this doesnt bold well. do you want order tables in legion and future expansions?
    *bode.

And yes, I'd like to have them in Legion. I rather enjoy all the free gold my WoD garrison gives me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a number of threads active on this and we don't really need any additional. There will be plenty of time to discuss this once we know more about them.

Closing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-13 at 02:04 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."