Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And people who are wrong need to be told that they are wrong, so that they eventually learn to stop being wrong
    You must be new to the internet.

As for the topic, i really don't care either way, but then i never really put too much importance on cosmetic items in a game. Though will admit the cosmetic stuff in Overwatch is some of the best I've seen in any game and so i can understand how this can a big issue for people on both sides of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    You must be new to the internet.
    Very old to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    What do you mean take?

Skin acquisition is random, but let's assume you get, for the sake of argument, 1 skin per 10 hours played. People in beta play 10 hours, get a skin. A few months later non-beta players get in, play 10 hours and get a skin. They put in the same amount of time, beta people just started earlier. So. Fucking. What. It couldn't possibly matter less.
    I mean"take" as in if you where handed it to you. Getting into the beta is reward enough. You should not be rewarded with special content or even just already haveing skins when other dont at release, just cus you where lucky enough for the beta.

Uh, Blizzard's revenue will be affected by this not a bit.

They're going to make fuck all off selling those skins anyway, they're easy to obtain.
    Now you're just be purposefully ignorant to what will happen.

Well I don't think you should get anything. You got to play the game early, be in beta before anyone who hasn't bought the game and you get those origin skins which we don't know are going to be released after launch

so...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

No, it isn't. It's a skin. Who cares?

I see no reason to reset the progress. And yes, you need a reason, not lack of a reason.
    Per Jeff Kaplan, Competitive Play will not be unlocked until the player hits level 25. There's your reason for resetting progress.

Also, I despise you.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I mean"take" as in if you where handed it to you. Getting into the beta is reward enough. You should not be rewarded with special content or even just already haveing skins when other dont at release, just cus you where lucky enough for the beta.
    I'm not talking about special content, I specifically said I don't agree with that.

People in beta are unlocking the vanity items you'll unlock at release, by putting in X amount of time, exactly the same as people outside the closed beta. Only difference is they started earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Meimzos View Post
    Per Jeff Kaplan, Competitive Play will not be unlocked until the player hits level 25. There's your reason for resetting progress.

Also, I despise you.
    I don't accept that getting to level 25 and getting into Competitive Play earlier is really any kind of perk, but *shrug* it's their game.

I'd have this exact same opinion if I wasn't in beta. Beta people getting an exclusive item I can't get? I'd be mad. Beta people unlocking skins faster than me because they were playing longer? Couldn't give less of a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Now you're just be purposefully ignorant to what will happen.
    The people in beta are a small group anyway, so you're looking at a small subset of an already small group that's supposedly going to buy a skin for real money that they previously earned by playing the game. So they already know how easy they are to obtain without buying them.

So it's negligible.

I don't accept that getting to level 25 and getting into Competitive Play earlier is really any kind of perk, but *shrug* it's their game.
    So far you haven't accepted any valid reason people gave you and my guess is you never will since you will never agree with the '' progress must get wiped '' thing.
    How is being in ranked play on day 1 before all the people that need to grind 25 levels not a ''perk'' ? its the same as being in a MMO and not making you level on release day.

It's beta, its confirmed to get wiped on release in at least 2 blue posts + the Overwatch beta FAQ, you're not keeping anything from what you did except knowing every map from the top of your head and knowing perfectly how to play from the 1st minute, apart from those ''advantages'' you played it months before other people could.
    I think it's time to put this topic to rest cause its discussing something that is already confirmed to happen.

The people in beta are a small group anyway, so you're looking at a small subset of an already small group that's supposedly going to buy a skin for real money that they previously earned by playing the game. So they already know how easy they are to obtain without buying them.

So it's negligible.
    That isn't what he is referring to. He is referring to the lost sales from outraged people who did not get into the beta and now see the beta winners being rewarded for something they wanted, but weren't given, beta access. Some number of these players would be outraged enough to not purchase the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been in beta since it opened and no we should most certainly not get a reward because I know a huge amount of people who would have killed for an invite. It is utterly unfair to the people who didn't get invited and being able to test and play the game early is a privilege and should be treated as such.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    So far you haven't accepted any valid reason people gave you and my guess is you never will since you will never agree with the '' progress must get wiped '' thing.
    How is being in ranked play on day 1 before all the people that need to grind 25 levels not a ''perk'' ? its the same as being in a MMO and not making you level on release day.
    It's not the same at all, MMOs have endgame content that is different from the main content. All ranked mode is is the same game mode but you get a meaningless score. The reason they set up level requirements for ranked play is so you don't get newbies walking into ranked mode and ruining their teammates' day. It's there to provide evidence you have some experience with the game and some idea of what you're doing. If you hit 25 in beta, you already proved that.

No I don't accept any of those reasons, because they're all bullshit and irrational hard feelings from people who aren't in beta.

The real reason it's being reset is because it's Blizzard's game and they want to. And that's fine, everyone knows that might happen when they enter beta. I'm just refuting the idea that they HAVE TO reset progress and that if they didn't that would be some advantage or special perk to the random set of people who got into the closed beta. That's false.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    That isn't what he is referring to. He is referring to the lost sales from outraged people who did not get into the beta and now see the beta winners being rewarded for something they wanted, but weren't given, beta access. Some number of these players would be outraged enough to not purchase the game.
    Lost revenue from QQers is speculative at best, and everything Blizzard does results in QQ, so I don't accept that as a sensible reason either.

No.

Your reward is that you got to play that game in the beta. Some beta testers even got to play with the developers themselves.

I am sorry, but you are a spoiled brat if you think you need more of an reward than you already have.

Lost revenue from QQers is speculative at best, and everything Blizzard does results in QQ, so I don't accept that as a sensible reason either.
    You would be fired from any business with that kind of complete lack of predictive foresight. It's not speculative, it's a guaranteed thing, and I would be saying that even if Overwatch didn't have a incredibly small closed beta that's already stirred up negative complaints.

But sure, let's take your post and think from another business perspective. If everything Blizzard does results in QQs, which side would they rather piss off? The 1% who got into the beta, or the 99% that didn't?

Well as you said, the stuff they have offers no special perks, so you shouldn't mind losing them for a while as you grind them all back.

Deleted
    I'm not talking about special content, I specifically said I don't agree with that.

People in beta are unlocking the vanity items you'll unlock at release, by putting in X amount of time, exactly the same as people outside the closed beta. Only difference is they started earlier.
    Yes, but all the time you used, people knew where in a beta mind, even if not special content, any content would still be a kick even more so in the face of all people who did not get into the beta, hear what, i will gladly be invited test their game, and do not demand any skins for it. I been a beta tester for diablo3, heartstone, wow's Cata,MoP,WoD Beta and i think if you got anything beside the experinse for it, would be spitting in the face of people not Lucky enough to get into those betas.

Being in the beta myself, I feel that the privilege of getting to play a cool game way before other people is enough. I don't feel the need to be rewarded with anything for being an Overwatch beta tester, and I think that the most they'll do is a portrait or something.

I deeply appreciate Blizzard's philosophy going into this. A clean slate is a clean slate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Been in beta since it opened and no we should most certainly not get a reward because I know a huge amount of people who would have killed for an invite. It is utterly unfair to the people who didn't get invited and being able to test and play the game early is a privilege and should be treated as such.
    Yeah, that gets to the heart of it. Rewards for testing a beta like this are less about doing a good job as a beta tester and more about winning the beta lottery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I've been beta testing OW since day one and the only thing that has ever bothered me is the knowledge that beta stats will be wiped. Since the beta has been fairly long, some of us have racked up a decent amount of stats/experience in the game. I could understand not being awarded all the loot you picked up from boxes. But nothin'? Of course, getting to play now is certainly reward in and of itself. I also know it is customary to wipe beta stats.

It'd be cool if Blizzard either gave beta testers a token to redeem for a skin or even an exclusive beta tester skin. A recolor is cool, doesn't need to break the internet. Thoughts?
    Wiping at release is the proper way of dong things.. In fact, a game like HS, that didn't get wiped, is a douchebag move because it gives a huge advantage to alpha/beta players.. Players selected AT RANDOM..

Wiping at release = All are equal..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You would be fired from any business with that kind of complete lack of predictive foresight. It's not speculative, it's a guaranteed thing, and I would be saying that even if Overwatch didn't have a incredibly small closed beta that's already stirred up negative complaints.
    I work for a bank and my job is to model profitability of customer initiatives :P

In fact, if Blizzard were my company there's no way they'd reset progress. Not how that kind of business works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wiping at release is the proper way of dong things.. In fact, a game like HS, that didn't get wiped, is a douchebag move because it gives a huge advantage to alpha/beta players.. Players selected AT RANDOM..

Wiping at release = All are equal..
    And yet wiping Hearthstone progress makes a difference competitively. Wiping Overwatch progress makes no difference at all.

By that logic, Blizzard did both wrong.

I work for a bank and my job is to model profitability of customer initiatives :P

In fact, if Blizzard were my company there's no way they'd reset progress. Not how that kind of business works.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet wiping Hearthstone progress makes a difference competitively. Wiping Overwatch progress makes no difference at all.
    Well thank god you aren't in charge of such things because your view is just wrong. Not wiping overwatch progress MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Period. It lets you get to ranked faster, unlocks bonuses/skins faster. Those are a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well thank god you aren't in charge of such things because your view is just wrong. Not wiping overwatch progress MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Period. It lets you get to ranked faster, unlocks bonuses/skins faster. Those are a difference.
    Ranks mean nothing, skins, sprays, emotes etc are vanity. So no, those are not a difference.

Ranks mean nothing, skins, sprays, emotes etc are vanity. So no, those are not a difference.
    Means nothing to you. Rank sure as fuck would mean things to people playing the game that want to be rank 1 and high up on ladders. If they start the game day 1 and are already MONTHS behind people that have been playing for months, that isn't fair at all.

I'm done arguing with you over it though. You are just being stubborn to be stubborn and refuse to look at it from a business standpoint. It makes no sense for Blizzard to go that route with the game.