Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I suppose reading is a skill and you missed the word basically I put in there for that very reason. And where it was raised it wasn't raised by much. Inflation would say it would be much higher now than it is.
    Inflation is the shittiest excuse and people who use it by saying you should be thankful Blizzard hasn't raised sub cost don't understand it.

I paid 60 bucks for a micropose game for my PC2 way back in the day. By that same logic I should be paying ten times that for any game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    12.99= toiletpaper per month
    12.99= 4 cans of soup
    12.99= half a movie ticket
    12.99= 10min cab ride where i live
    12.99= 2 beers out on a friday night
    12.99= 2 lightbulbs
    12.99= hairproduct for 3 months

i could go on but yeah.
    Jesus glad we don't have those prices here. I can get a movie ticket for 10 bucks, 4 cans of soup are like 5 bucks tops and the two beers are about 6-7 bucks.

Anyways, I pay with tokens so charge what you want for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    So, while i was searching which game i should get next, i came across a thing called Origin Access; Long story short, it offers couple AAA games for 4$/month, which got me thinking, is Blizzard charging too much on a monthly basis for a single game?
    If you are paying real money for this shit MMO in 2016 you are doing something terribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Inflation is the shittiest excuse and people who use it by saying you should be thankful Blizzard hasn't raised sub cost don't understand it.

I paid 60 bucks for a micropose game for my PC2 way back in the day. By that same logic I should be paying ten times that for any game now.

So inflation doesn't happen then by your logic?

Price is more then fair for their job

Deleted
    Last PC games I bought has been Telltale's 1st "Walking Dead" game and "Fallout 4". The first was worth its money, the second kinda lost me after some hours. I don't know why. But since both games are not sub-based, I can play anytime I want. Anyway, in comparison to these, WoW is worth the money. It's also the only one game I play after I got massively disappointed with LotRO and Neverwinter where I had a bunch of max level characters and still log into my account now and then just to check. GW2, AoC and DCUO lost me quite early, and I did not make it even past lvl 6 in Aion. LotRO would be my favorite to restart should I ever quit WoW, and I would then have a comparable sub in there. Or I would give GW2 another try, I don't know.

If WoW was like $9 Canadian I would consider subbing. At the current price point I could not be bothered to log into this facebook simulator.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    If WoW was like $9 Canadian I would consider subbing. At the current price point I could not be bothered to log into this facebook simulator.
    O boy

You guys must have a completely different Facebook than I do.

So inflation doesn't happen then by your logic?
    Inflation does not act universally on all markets. Prices for electronics have traditionally fallen as advances in technology makes them more powerful and cheaper and easier to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    If you are paying real money for this shit MMO in 2016 you are doing something terribly wrong.
    Some people prefer to play this game, rather than spend time grinding for gold to pay this for it.

No, I don't think it's unreasonable. Even when I was unemployed for almost a year back in 2010, I managed to keep my WoW subscription going. I'd have to be damn near homeless to be sweating over $15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Inflation does not act universally on all markets. Prices for electronics have traditionally fallen as advances in technology makes them more powerful and cheaper and easier to produce.
    What? No it hasn't. Look at each Playstation. It has been more expensive as each one comes out. What electronics are you talking about? Tamagotchi?

Yes the electronic hardware does lose its value as it becomes obsolete and might get some money back if it becomes a collectable but that hardly happens for electronics.
    But, wow is software not hardware and that is a completely different market. You do know the difference? Also wow hasn't become obsolete due to the fact it is still being made and updated.

So your how point was pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    No, I don't think it's unreasonable. Even when I was unemployed for almost a year back in 2010, I managed to keep my WoW subscription going. I'd have to be damn near homeless to be sweating over $15 a month.
    50 cents a day is outrageous right?
    Can't even buy a coffee or a coca-cola at that price per day.
    But evil blizz is so greedy and one can pay with gold now too if they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    What? No it hasn't. Look at each Playstation. It has been more expensive as each one comes out. What electronics are you talking about? Tamagotchi?
    Each version of the playstation was more powerful and different from the previous so I am not sure that is a worthy comparison. However both the PS1 and PS2 launched at $299, the PS3 (40GB)was more expensive at $399 which was the same launch price as PS4. Most electronics from PC components to TVs, mobile phones to tablets have either dropped or remained at the same price despite becoming more powerful over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the electronic hardware does lose its value as it becomes obsolete and might get some money back if it becomes a collectable but that hardly happens for electronics.
    But, wow is software not hardware and that is a completely different market. You do know the difference? Also wow hasn't become obsolete due to the fact it is still being made and updated.

So your how point was pointless.
    I am not talking about depreciation.

WoW is hosted on servers which like all PC hardware has become cheaper and more powerful since its launch, it is developed on PCs which again have become cheaper and more powerful over the last 12 years and it uses a large amount to bandwidth in order to service its customers which, you've guessed it, is significantly less expensive than when it launched.

Each version of the playstation was more powerful and different from the previous so I am not sure that is a worthy comparison. However both the PS1 and PS2 launched at $299, the PS3 (40GB)was more expensive at $399 which was the same launch price as PS4. Most electronics from PC components to TVs, mobile phones to tablets have either dropped or remained at the same price despite becoming more powerful over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not talking about depreciation.

WoW is hosted on servers which like all PC hardware has become cheaper and more powerful since its launch, it is developed on PCs which again have become cheaper and more powerful over the last 12 years and it uses a large amount to bandwidth in order to service its customers which, you've guessed it, is significantly less expensive than when it launched.
    So you don't like examples unless they support your point. None of what you just said it true again. Maybe the same device lose values over the years, but all your listed example new devices DEFINITELY DO NOT get cheaper than their previous versions. Please give an example of something that has actually been cheaper. I have had the iPhone since a 4 and have never payed less on a new one than I have, in fact I had to pay more on my most recent one because they didn't even make a 16gig. Now, if you are referring to things like iPhones being sold for cheaper, those are the versions which do not have the technological advancements in the full versions of the iPhone, which again, proves your point wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If you can't afford 13 euro's a month, then you either a hobo, or a child. It's just, is WoW still worth that much? Let's be honest. Blizzard has dissapointed their player base over and over again.
    I, personally, still haven't run out of things to do. I'm also not obsessed with "current content only," so as long as there are classes I haven't leveled, mounts I haven't got, transmog I'd like to obtain, etc. It is still very much worth it.

By comparison, I've watched my little brother dump $400 on a console, then another $60/m keeping up with the latest and greatest games, and literally do everything there is to do in those games in 2 months or less. AND then be asked for $10 more for DLC.

That is way more money than $50 every 2 years and $15/m on a computer I need for work anyway, so I don't count it as an entertainment expense.

So you don't like examples unless they support your point. None of what you just said it true again. Maybe the same device lose values over the years, but all your listed example new devices DEFINITELY DO NOT get cheaper than their previous versions. Please give an example of something that has actually been cheaper. I have had the iPhone since a 4 and have never payed less on a new one than I have, in fact I had to pay more on my most recent one because they didn't even make a 16gig. Now, if you are referring to things like iPhones being sold for cheaper, those are the versions which do not have the technological advancements in the full versions of the iPhone, which again, proves your point wrong.
    What are you talking about? The playstation absolutely supports my point in so much the technology available in each subsequent version had become cheaper.

TVs have become cheaper compare the prices of a 42" Plasma in 2004 to what you can buy today and you will find that for less money you can get a TV which is bigger, has a higher resolution, has more input/connectivity options and is capable of doing far more. Internet connections have become cheaper and/or faster, hard disks cheaper and larger, CPUs are cheaper and more powerful, phones are more powerful to point that many of us now carry around a mini computer that is more powerful than many PCs at the time of WoW's launch in our pockets.

The fact that the next model of iPhone, although this is a bad example as it also doubles a fashion accessory, is the same price as the previous does not mean that the technology has not become cheaper.

What are you talking about? The playstation absolutely supports my point in so much the technology available in each subsequent version had become cheaper.

TVs have become cheaper compare the prices of a 42" Plasma in 2004 to what you can buy today and you will find that for less money you can get a TV which is bigger, has a higher resolution, has more input/connectivity options and is capable of doing far more. Internet connections have become cheaper and/or faster, hard disks cheaper and larger, CPUs are cheaper and more powerful, phones are more powerful to point that many of us now carry around a mini computer that is more powerful than many PCs at the time of WoW's launch in our pockets.

The fact that the next model of iPhone, although this is a bad example as it also doubles a fashion accessory, is the same price as the previous does not mean that the technology has not become cheaper.
    fashion accessory? Lmao, I get it now. Your opinion is fact.

fashion accessory? Lmao, I get it now. Your opinion is fact.
    Well that told me! What a pointless reply you've managed to avoid any of the points I made. It is clear that not only do you not understand what you're talking about but you have no desire to engage in a grown up discussion about the matter.

Deleted
    It depends on the country. For some countries it's really a lot of money. A lot of players would not play anymore without paying it with gold.

I believe they should do the same with Legion's CD key.

If they charge 3 tokens, they would make a profit.