Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    They only sold their servers, nothing else. Do you think that is illegal? Do you think selling blank CD and DVDs is illegal, just because someone could use them for illegal purposes?
    The server hosting company is responsible for what is put on their servers. So if Blizzard was to sue them for having a vanilla version of WoW on it, what do you think would happen?

Yeah. Yeah it is. Unless you are a cosplayer and have big tits. Then you can dress up as Blizzard characters, make fotos of that and have people pay you 10k$ a month. Then it's even ok if you profit off of it.
    Yeah I think we're done here. Just going to slap you on ignore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I think we're done here. Just going to slap you on ignore.
    You just lost the argument.

Deleted
    The server hosting company is responsible for what is put on their servers. So if Blizzard was to sue them for having a vanilla version of WoW on it, what do you think would happen?
    He thinks Games Workshop will run into the courtroom with the dramatic reveal that they are suing Blizzard for Orcs and Humans

Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    Or you can spin this the other way by saying: people played 1-30. They didn't want to see the server shutdown down the line because it's illegal and all their time wasted so they quit.

You can't attribute people not going past 30 only on boredom. Is it one of the reasons? Yes. It is the only reason? no
    Which is what we can only do is guess. It is why we need more data than just Nost numbers to prove a case that these servers would be viable for Blizz to take a risk on. 90k sigs on a petition and 1.7 mil views on a JonTron video (that normall gets plenty of views regardless what it is about) does not really mean much at the moment. Who knows what it would take for Blizzard to see the right information to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    He thinks Games Workshop will run into the courtroom with the dramatic reveal that they are suing Blizzard for Orcs and Humans
    Oh I know I laughed my ass off and rolled my eyes at that.

Deleted
    This is wrong, just like the postal company is not responsible for the contents of envelopes. Semantics are again very important, they can be asked to stop delivering a service but they are not responsible for the service itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans Koomen View Post
    In some countries you indeed pay a fee on blank CD's and DVD's because you can store copyrighted material on it. Amazing isn't it?
    Some countries are stupid I guess.

Deleted
    Oh I know I laughed my ass off and rolled my eyes at that.
    I think he put me on ignore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laminir View Post
    You tell me, would you like me renting one room of you're house of my choice and taking all the money without asking permission?
    Great analogy (sarcasm), but not what I asked. Good example of how people post on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I really don't get your take on dailies not being content. Throughout many expansions dailies have contained lore scattered throughout many of them that eventually led up to dungeon or raid lore down the road. And even those that didn't contain such lore it still sent you out into the world to do stuff.
    Yes I remember the daily in TBC where I got to play Simon Says. And this was the first set of "daily's" that Blizz introduced into the game. Plenty of lore there.

Saying dailies are not content is basically like saying the quests from each leveling zone that do no contain some massive lore event isn't content either. Maybe you don't know people that missed dailies, but I do (myself being one of them). I was actually one of those players back in MoP complaining about the other complainers who said they were "forced" to do dailies for gear, I guess not being able to grasp the concept that plenty of guilds started doing the first couple of bosses in MSV with blues.
    Do me a favour cause I'm lazy. Make a thread and ask people if they enjoy daily's. I can't see many people thinking it's enjoyable. There's a reason I call it copy and paste content, cause that's literally what Blizz devs have done. It's easy, quick, and lacking of context.

Also part of the reason so many were wowed by players who did Nax was because it was available for such a ridiculously short period of time before TBC launch and it also got wrapped up in the general 'awe' many players had for those who had epics in general (seeing as how Vanilla was lacking in raid accessibility at the time, plus the intended longer length of leveling before getting to cap).
    Which is ironic how that's changed. Before people were racing to experience the content before it became irrelevant, and now we have 1 whole year between 6.2 and Legion. Blizz can't do anything right.

Deleted
    Great analogy (sarcasm), but not what I asked. Good example of how people post on these forums.
    Then it's a room you're not using anymore. Better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Then it's a room you're not using anymore. Better?
    How hard is it to answer a question, even explicitly asked for your OPINION. But again, great example of how people post on these forums.

-edit- It's like asking: "do you like cheese or bacon" and people start droning about Game of Thrones. No relation at all to the question.

How hard is it to answer a question, even explicitly asked for your OPINION. But again, great example of how people post on these forums.

-edit- It's like asking: "do you like cheese or bacon" and people start droning about Game of Thrones.
    Youre going to tie the answer back into something with Blizz/Private servers anyway, hes just skipping right to it

Deleted
    Nost people can say they want. Blizz makes the call and so far they aren't for it. Simple as that. You want something to change then get more than 90k signatures on a petition and don't count on popular youtube streamers to carry the day. Most people forget that stuff in a matter of days.
    I agree. Point many people made is they aren't as much crying about their server being closed as they are trying to appeal to Blizz to change their stance. And yeah, all the youtube stuff is mostly for the views and not as much because they care.

Btw my initial point was that you not seeing the demand didn't mean much, because, well, see the part you wrote that I bolded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Implying 90K signatures for an illegal, word of mouth, World of Warcraft:Vanilla, private server, isnt a lot.

I'd be surprised if that many people were raiding mythic.
    I think a lot of people are not bothering with the petition just because of all the badmouthing of the people against legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    I agree. Point many people made is they aren't as much crying about their server being closed as they are trying to appeal to Blizz to change their stance. And yeah, all the youtube stuff is mostly for the views and not as much because they care.

Btw my initial point was that you not seeing the demand didn't mean much, because, well, see the part you wrote that I bolded
    Yeah but just taking the Blizz makes the call stand sucks because it does not invoke a discussion usually. Blizz is not infallible and changes things all the time. If the demand is TRULY there then they'll make that call. I still think it is a can of worms they do not want to open because demand for other servers/balance fixes/changes/etc will flood them, but they'll likely consider that if deciding to open classic realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they aren't. They are just paying for server costs.
    So they are bad at business. That's kind of irrelevant.

Then again we only have their word that they weren't turning a profit, and what's the word of a criminal... Not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    No, they are frequently WRONG.
    And since "The Customer" often isn't even coherent, the customer is frequently not even wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So they are bad at business. That's kind of irrelevant.

Then again we only have their word that they weren't turning a profit, and what's the word of a criminal... Not much.
    Did you get the check for today from Nost to troll the thread to 1000 pages? Mine seems to be late

That is it? 91k signatures? Supposedly these youtube videos have 1.6 million views but they can't even generate 100k signatures.
    Signature bots aren't the easiest things to write you know.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"