Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Affluenza Teen - 720 days in jail

Ethan Couch, known for killing several people while driving and being diagnosed with affluenza, was given 2 years - 180 days for each victim.

For drinking and driving while driving into a crowd, breaking probation, and fleeing from law enforcement, I'd say thats a bit tad on the low side. Just a little bit.

Example source: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ng-out-n555366

10+ Year Old Account
    He is sick with affluenza though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That does seem pretty low. Which state was he charged in again? Texas? Thats reaalllyyy low. His family must have great connections

Deleted
    Interesting....

10+ Year Old Account
    That brat deserves ALOT more than 2 years.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Bankers who destroyed and continue to destroy the world economy - 0 days in prison.

Hypocrite tax cheats like Bezos, Zuckerberg, Rothstein, or the Google bros - 0 days in prison.

Bush family criminals who lied the USA into 15+ years of war in the middle east - 0 days in prison.

If you want justice you have to start looking at extralegal measures.
    Mage | Paladin | Officer of <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> | A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Hope he does not get any special privileges for having a lot of money.

Wonder what he could have gotten if his family didn't have money

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That does seem pretty low. Which state was he charged in again? Texas? Thats reaalllyyy low. His family must have great connections
    Money is a very helpfull tool.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Wonder what he could have gotten if his family didn't have money
    In texas, death.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Money is a very helpfull tool.
    Money buys connections yes

Sounds like a sentence from sweden.

Deleted
    Welp, that's depressing. There really should NOT be a separate set of rulings based on who you know and how much money you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    His daddy has Federal Gov contracts "connections".

If he was everyday guy off the street, he would forget what the sun looks like.

After all this he still gets a slap on the wrist? What the fuck, I thought he would get an actual punishment after the horse shit he pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    After all this he still gets a slap on the wrist? What the fuck, I thought he would get an actual punishment after the horse shit he pulled.
    I think it is because the original case was in juvenile court and he would be released at 21 regardless(he just turned 19). That being said his original sentence of just probation was absurd. From what I saw in another article at least when he is released he will still be on that and not allowed to drive etc., and given the case has been moved to the adult courts a violation will hopefully end in heavier punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    If i shopift 300$ worth of crap and skip bail im looking at more time than that shithead.

Love, how his mother faces 10 years in prison, while he got only 2 years for killing 4 people and that escape try afterwards, including violating his probation... But yeah. But yeah, poor rich teen. Unlike poor people doing the same he is not trialed as an adult, and even gots the stupid affluenza defense, which is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In texas, death.
    Um, no. It wasn't first degree murder. Probably like 10x longer than he is getting now though.

The whole kerfuffle about Ethan Couch was an implicit shadow justice system, that exists within our current justice system.

Equal crime ought to bring about equal sentences. This was obviously not the case. Anyways, this sentence is hardly any solace to the families that this guy has more or less made more miserable with his conduct.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii