Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I honestly didn't care for the class archetypes except Valkyrie and it wasn't out yet.
    I have to say this is a major killer for me in MMOs. The only reason I'm playing FFXIV is because I like the ACN archetype - a range caster with a cute pet; unfortunately they took away my Carbuncle post-Lv30 -_- (an atrocity I hope they will remedy in Patch 3.4).

In 4 man, they do more damage, and the telegraphs are all gone. You have to pay attention to animations and make educated decisions to stay alive. As a reward you not only receive more loot, but better loot.
    There is at least one mob in game that doesn't telegraph. The Diresaurs @ The Churning Mist have a huge attack with a very obvious wind up animation but no telegraph graphics.

Not really for or against either system though.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I'm assuming players in BDO have in-combat means to regen HP.

Retreating to recover HP is a thing in a good many games - the strategy is in when and where to pull back.

It's by no means a "zergfest". At the very least it's more interactive then having a 3rd party fill up your HP for you. >.>
    Pots. Wizard/Witch and Valkyrie have some healing but ultimately you're suppose to know how to make use of your combos/dodges. Also every class has a special escape spell if things get too spicy.

Also....have a rave party.

10+ Year Old Account
    JHWEKDOFWHFALFRWENDHFBDWSNFEWONkjnkjnvsoinwsaun

Finally done the last spurt of self-crafting the Anima HQ stuff. My God, it felt like my heart was going to explode. Mainly because I'm a cheapskate, and the Pterodactyl (the dino; fished in Diadem) costs a fortune (45k+) on Phoenix. Luckily, I went 100% HQ with every stuff, except one pre-requisite mat that the ARMs can create (needed for ALC HQ thingy). 601 more Eso and a Labyrinth of the Ancients run, and I'll have my first Anima & Hyperconductive in one go. Think I'll do the Labyrinth tomorrow and then take my time farming Eso and just look at the beauty afterwards.

....I'm tired. Gyazo picture down below. Current progress (states my truthfully proclamation):

For reference: I'm (unfortunately) a healer, and I'll most likely do Deneb. Mainly because ASTs are too cute to pass on.
    (And the only one with an Awoken weapon)

Edit: I feel so empty now.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-04-13 at 09:01 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I just wish that someone would come up with an "action combat" style game where the goal isn't predominately just some variation of "dodge the red".

That's one thing that I like about GW2, the fact that you have to actively defend yourself with abilities. Still, even then the dodge roll takes the center stage most of the time.

It makes for rather boring gameplay much of the time, because it's so one-dimensional. (See: The Division)
    Don't know about that.

From Software made a few pretty successful ARPG game franchises that is mostly "dodge the red" - except there is no red graphic and you are suppose to figure out the telltale signs of various attacks and how to avoid them.

But what do those noobs know right? *pft*
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

where are you anima guys farming eso for the hyperconductive thingies? kinda just want to get my monk one upgraded first since my drg one will take awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    where are you anima guys farming eso for the hyperconductive thingies? kinda just want to get my monk one upgraded first since my drg one will take awhile.
    Best would be the daily roulette, which have netted me a few thousand Esos the last weeks. Then again, I actively farmed and did ALL of the Eso roulettes once a day to get more net worth per day. Also, Beast Tribe just takes 5 minutes per day and after 6 (slightly less for ARR Beast Tribes; only one token per tribe, though) days, you can choose to get 1 token.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that we are discussing MMOs here.
    I did. No reason why it won't work in an MMO.

Blade and Soul. Black Desert. Even Monster Hunter Online. All have shown that it can work just fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably farm antitower. I think its quicker that amdapor hm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Best would be the daily roulette, which have netted me a few thousand Esos the last weeks. Then again, I actively farmed and did ALL of the Eso roulettes once a day to get more net worth per day. Also, Beast Tribe just takes 5 minutes per day and after 6 (slightly less for ARR Beast Tribes; only one token per tribe, though) days, you can choose to get 1 token.
    I haven't even finished collecting the stupid crystals ... /sigh

- - - Updated - - -

That what can work just fine? I'm fairly sure I never said that there was anything that wouldn't work.
    Then what were you saying?

beast tribes for the aether oils?! or do you mean the 80 items?

10+ Year Old Account
    beast tribes for the aether oils?! or do you mean the 80 items?
    My mistake then. The Oils only come from the weekly CT quest & the Esoteric vendor at the cost of 1800 Esoteric.

I was talking about the Unidentified tokens, which does indeed take a long time (currently used.. From 3.1 launched and to tomorrow/Friday) for filthy casuals like me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Precisely what I said: That I wish there were more action combat games with active defenses, not just "dodge rolls out of some version of red stuff" or otherwise simply avoiding damage altogether. It's just nowhere near as interesting to me.
    No. What were you saying in,

Keep in mind that we are discussing MMOs here.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I said that because you brought up non-MMO games, and I didn't want the topic veering off into all manner of other genres.
    And I'm telling you that combat mechanics in that game apply just as well in MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally done the last spurt of self-crafting the Anima HQ stuff.
    Grats.

Crafted one of them porcellain Mogrys for lulz, to see how difficult they are to HQ on my i180 Goldsmith.
    Definitely not going to attempt that on crafters that only sport the unmelded 150 gear (even though they have the 620 craftmanship). Way too much gil for that RNG.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said those mechanics don't work.

You're going to have to take a step back and tell me what position you're actually trying to take here, because it feels like you're just disagreeing for the sake of it.
    That it's not "boring" and that you are an exception?

I never said those mechanics don't work.

You're going to have to take a step back and tell me what position you're actually trying to take here, because it feels like you're just disagreeing for the sake of it.
    After he already said he was gonna ignore you no less.

I do agree with you though, that's the issue I am having in Skyforge at the moment. The gameplay is getting pretty boring, pretty fast. As my Paladin, I have basically 2 go to combos, one for AoE, one for ST, then a builder to restore my energy. Outside of those 3 things, all I really have to do is dodge. There are a couple CDs and an Execute ability as well, but it's very bland play, at least at the lower levels. Paladin is also one of the basic classes, I am working on unlocking Knight which is an advanced class, so maybe that will make things less bland as well.

That it's not "boring" and that you are an exception?
    Actually, it is boring in an MMO. That's why none of the MMOs that have attempted it are as popular as WoW and FFXIV are. In fact, one could say that you are the exception, as most people here agree that FFXIV is fine the way it is and is the superior game and are not even really wanting to discuss alternate styles that belong in other games.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Actually, it is boring in an MMO. That's why none of the MMOs that have attempted it are as popular as WoW and FFXIV are. In fact, one could say that you are the exception, as most people here agree that FFXIV is fine the way it is and is the superior game and are not even really wanting to discuss alternate styles that belong in other games.

Ever thought that the combat system isn't why WoW and FFXIV can survive?

That maybe it's brand recognition ...

There is always room for improvement. I'm quite sure even SE doesn't think the game is perfect.

Why you are trying to shut down all suggestions (even when they aren't) I don't understand.

Are the only things allowed on this forums,
    • QQing about the other people being bad (unchanged since the early 00s and will never change) and
    • QQing about some minority technical change SE made to class balance that >90% of the player base doesn't give a shit about?

Seriously, that's 90% of what you guys talk about. Discussion? What's that? Anything new that gets brought up, gets shot down. What's the point then? Are you just here to vent about your problems in the game? JC you guys remind of

Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-14 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Ever thought that the combat system isn't why WoW and FFXIV can survive?

That maybe it's brand recognition ...

There is always room for improvement. I'm quite sure even SE doesn't think the game is perfect.

Why you are trying to shut down all suggestions (even when they aren't) I don't understand.

Are the only things allowed on this forums, QQing about the other people being bad (unchanged since the early 00s and will never change) and QQing about some minority technical change SE made class balance that >90% of the player base doesn't give a shit about?
    FFXIV 1.0 blows your argument away worse then Bahamat blew up eorzea

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    FFXIV 1.0 blows your argument away worse then Bahamat blew up eorzea
    *cough* it's still here even after that mess *cough*

Seems like pretty good support for my argument.