Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    RIP Tigereye Brew 2012 - 2016
    Part of me died when i read that it has been removed

THANK. FUCKING. GOD.
    this is exactly (well, not the little details) what i said they should do ages ago

i'm very happy with this change.
    we won't have sustained ranged cleave, but again, that's very niche.

Still not super hyped about having to tag enemies every 15 seconds, because build-up for AoE will mean mobs will die before we attack.
    hopefully testing will either affirm or dismiss this concern.

edit:
    also, i never really liked TeB.
    just a cooldown that increases damage by % was very boring.
    and managing the optimal stacks was limiting.
    i think this is a more interesting cooldown and it's good you can decide if it's AoE or single.
    Last edited by Notter; 2016-04-13 at 08:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Still not super hyped about having to tag enemies every 15 seconds, because build-up for AoE will mean mobs will die before we attack.
    hopefully testing will either affirm or dismiss this concern.
    I think you missed the part of

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It no longer increases Spinning Crane Kick damage.
    Granted this is all for the next build, but I'll still test how it feels in the up coming build.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenStormstout View Post
    This seems like the overall best version yet. But the real question is did they reverse the FoF change where is doesn't reduce damage across enemies? Or is it going back to splitting the damage?
    Since this wasn't mentioned then I believe it's assumed it remains unchanged from the last time it was mentioned, so it should still not split damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashyy View Post
    In B4 explosion
    That's why I tried to get the questions that were most likely to be asked out as quickly as possible to try and assuage a horde.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I think you missed the part of

It no longer increases Spinning Crane Kick damage.
    Granted this is all for the next build, but I'll still test how it feels in the up coming build.
    I didn't miss it, but maybe I didn't understand it correctly.
    because the previous changes said:

Spinning Crane Kick costs 4 Chi, and its base damage is increased by 150%. Additionally, it now deals 50% additional damage for each unique target you (or your SEF spirits) have struck in the last 15sec with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or Rising Sun Kick.
    And i got the impression that they meant only SEF clones won't increase the damage, but you tagging targets, still increase it.

so, they removed that mechanic completely?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    so, they removed that mechanic completely?
    I'm GUESSING yes. But worth asking since Celest hasn't responded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I'm GUESSING yes. But worth asking since Celest hasn't responded yet.
    No wait.. i read it again, they did not remove it, the tagging is still a thing.
    SEF just doesn't straight up increase SCK damage.

SEF will become your primary DPS cooldown, for both single-target and AoE, with the added bonus of quickly tagging targets for Spinning Crane Kick.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was how I interpreted it as well. Clones will act as previously mentioned, just SEF won't explicitly buff SCK, just the overall damage youd do regardless of whether or not you're using SCK.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Thats actually a relief, since it means we can somewhat maintain decent aoe damage outside SEF and SCK wont be balanced around SEF.

Between SDP/SCK with SEF, its gonna be a rave in melee with a WW around. Get your glowsticks, everyone!

Looking great

Now just need to redesign serenity into something that someone might ever consider taking and replace chi orbit with an actual talent, and I'll be truly happy

Hurray!

He listened, he actually listened and made SEF a single target bonus.

The previous SEF just being a 90 sec cd to AoE was so dumb, I'm glad they actually adjusted according to feedback.

Now, if we can get the Windwalker talents and artifact traits looked at next, in addition to restoring Diffuse Magic to 90% or at least make it either a 1 min cd or make it dispel magic debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    Looking great

Now just need to redesign serenity into something that someone might ever consider taking and replace chi orbit with an actual talent, and I'll be truly happy
    Honestly I think the chi spell row and the energy row need to be retooled as well. The chi spells are utterly bland and you only press them when you have nothing else to press.

The energy row should be deleted much like how they replaced the DK rune row. Resource rows are lame. Make ascension baseline and make a new row for active skills.

Replace Light on Your Feet from the artifact, and revamp Strike of the Windlord to make your next spells for 5 seconds multi-strike (yes, the stat is gone, but it could be like a mini elemental overload). Alternatively, they could make it so for the next 5 seconds a % of the damage you do, gets duplicated as nature damage on the target.

They could even make it a perk that Strike of the Windlord has a 30 yard range. Just something that makes it so it's not just a mediocre spell with a useless snare.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-04-13 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, from an ability to THE (Heroic) ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Now, if we can get the Windwalker talents and artifact traits looked at next, in addition to restoring Diffuse Magic to 90% or at least make it either a 1 min cd or make it dispel magic debuffs.
    ^

Trying to figure out something good for Transfer the Power with RSK being on CD - needs charges or reset imo.

Deleted
    New SEF looks as a best case scenario right now. Blizz doesn't want complexity and wants SEF to be used on single target, playerbase want SEF as a cooldown, targatable and/or a talent choice.

I think devs pretty much nailed it with this one.

To people that mourn over TEB, get over it. TEB is dead since december 2015, when devs changed it from the best cooldown ever to another bland CD. At that point I couldn't care enough for the spell. Besids, brews aren't really fitting for Windwalkers anyway, give that shit to brewmasters.

Fine job on SEF, guys. What we need next is fix all the artifact traits, but I guess devs are already working on it? Because like two traits need to be cahnged because of the SEF and TEB change.
    What they could also do is take a look at the Gale Burst, Death Art, Light on your Feet and Good Karma traits. Three of those are completly useless and Gale Burst is a big worry of mine.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot Chi Orbit was still a thing.. I remembered and now I am mad...

Full disclosure: I'm super against the SEF changes announced last week, and by extension, against these as well. I'll quickly admit this version is better than last week's but that doesn't make it good. I don't want to tab target during an AoE pull while everyone else is melting down the pack. As a former Affliction warlock, I can promise you it's not fun and your numbers are constantly artificially lowered.

I still agree with others that there should be a SEF talent row that allows for live version, simple toggle version from earlier alpha (lots of people new to monk on twitch streams loved this even if its not for us), and this iteration could be the third.

I agree with the comment on the alpha forums that at this point in the alpha the ww monk has been over designed to the point of being nonsensical. It would be one thing if monks had multiple dps specs, but this is just a mess. I honestly appreciate Celestalon and Blizzard's efforts to improve my beloved spec, but it just didn't work.

This change is the best thing in the whole alpha.

I just hope we will get the talent restructure thing.

i dont like all the SEF changes, but if this last build is going to stay, i just hope spirits cant die, its going to be laughable in PVP, they will just focus on kill the spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo979 View Post
    i dont like all the SEF changes, but if this last build is going to stay, i just hope spirits cant die, its going to be laughable in PVP, they will just focus on kill the spirits.
    Any damage on spirits is damage not done on you or allies. They just need to make their hp high enough to make it costly to focus spirits down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Any damage on spirits is damage not done on you or allies. They just need to make their hp high enough to make it costly to focus spirits down.
    yeah i get your point, but they'll suppose to be a damage cooldown not survavility one. Even if they can be CCed its going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    Full disclosure: I'm super against the SEF changes announced last week, and by extension, against these as well. I'll quickly admit this version is better than last week's but that doesn't make it good. I don't want to tab target during an AoE pull while everyone else is melting down the pack. As a former Affliction warlock, I can promise you it's not fun and your numbers are constantly artificially lowered.
    No tab targeting is necessary unless you would like to do.

dont like it tbh farming stacks was a core part of monk why would they remove it