Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Completing Artifact Weapon Time Frame?

These are the current ways to get AP. Some with RNG some you know.

- Quest Mobs RNG 25-100. Epic AP Drop is 100
    - Rares/Elites RNG 25-100
    - Legion Normal Dungeon Queue 25 Completion
    - Legion Heroic Dungeon 50 - Completion
    - PvP - ??
    - End of Story in Quest Zones - 100
    - Random drops from Dungeons - 25-100
    - World Quests 40 from Objectuve style qeusts
    - World Quest Cache 80-?
    - Class Order Hall Missions - ??

I feel like with 305k needed. This does not seem like a "mythic raider maxes out in 2 weeks" Kind of deal. I am estimating for someone like me who sits and plays it for living 12 hours a day more during launches will take 1-2 months.

How long will you take you think?

Note: reason why some of us currently in Alpha have a lot unlocked is because bosses USE to drop 100-150 tokens in dungeons now they don't.

And please correct any of my information.
    Last edited by towelliee; 2016-04-14 at 09:36 PM.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

i think there is a weekly cap.
    so it will take months i think.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Is there still the limitation of only having 10 nodes unlocked at the same time at the start of capping at 110? And I saw on a stream, that the 2nd node costing 325 AP instead of 200 AP like it was previously, have AP costs been increased? Haven't seen it noted anywhere. :s

OT: Quite a very long time, which I'm happy for. Always having a goal to work towards, I like it.
    Last edited by mmoc96b83ddb80; 2016-04-14 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post

- PvP - ??
    - World Quest Cache 80-?

I feel like with 305k needed. This does not seem like a "mythic raider maxes out in 2 weeks" Kind of deal. I am estimating for someone like me who sits and plays it for living 12 hours a day more during launches will take 1-2 months.

Note: reason why some of us currently in Alpha have a lot unlocked is because bosses USE to drop 100-150 tokens in dungeons now they don't.

I don't think the goal is to be able to max it in 2 weeks. May be Blizz's new way to disincentive split runs?

Weekly cap would be lame as hell and be no different than previous legendary quest chain. You'd have more option where to "farm" the items but that's it. I hope it's going to be a long grind rather than capped.

"Oh I can't log on this char this week, I'm already capped" is such horseshit gameplay.
    Last edited by Zathan666; 2016-04-15 at 01:30 AM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i think there is a weekly cap.
    so it will take months i think.
    There's no cap.
    Also to note, the items that give you AP can be used on whatever artifact weapon you like, so you can farm on your "fastest" spec.

Edit: Oh, I should also add that when I hit 110, I only had maybe like 3-4 points in.

Bear in mind, these are the only 3 weapons you will have for an entire xpac. Would not surprise me if they take a very long time to max out.

Deleted
    I was fairly deep into my weapon by level cap. Just a few point short of blast furnace from spaming dungeons. I think it is capable in a week or so myself if you are willing to grind it.

Deleted
    It is an artifact. It's going to last you a whole expansion. Should take a long time for you to unlock the full potential of this extremely rare weapon that you have obtained,

I hope it will take at least a month with 3-5 hours playtime a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    It is an artifact. It's going to last you a whole expansion. Should take a long time for you to unlock the full potential of this extremely rare weapon that you have obtained,

I hope it will take at least a month with 3-5 hours playtime a day.
    Problem with that is some class rely on their artifact to function. Low artifact frost mage? Doesn't lose much. Low artifact fire mage? Crippled.

Combat rogues suffer a lot from it too and I am sure there are others

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Problem with that is some class rely on their artifact to function. Low artifact frost mage? Doesn't lose much. Low artifact fire mage? Crippled.

Combat rogues suffer a lot from it too and I am sure there are others
    How about if they make it so everyone starts with a maxed out artifact so it's fair?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- PvP - ??
    - World Quest Cache 80-?

Probably a few months.

I'm completely ok with this though since it will give something to work towards for a while. Also still being alpha things may be subject to tuning AP acquisition wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    How about if they make it so everyone starts with a maxed out artifact so it's fair?
    I'm not a person who is thrilled by grinding. I wouldn't object to it simply capping at level cap like the talent system it was built on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    There's no cap.
    Also to note, the items that give you AP can be used on whatever artifact weapon you like, so you can farm on your "fastest" spec.

Edit: Oh, I should also add that when I hit 110, I only had maybe like 3-4 points in.
    There's no cap on Artifact Power acquisition but there is on the amount of perks you can unlock in a week from memory.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a person who is thrilled by grinding. I wouldn't object to it simply capping at level cap like the talent system it was built on.
    I wouldn't really call doing things in game "grinding" as such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    There's no cap on Artifact Power acquisition but there is on the amount of perks you can unlock in a week from memory.
    I think and key word is think they removed that... it was capped early from leveling but I believe that was just for testing. Could be wrong though if anyone else can confirm this or not.

As for the whole grinding thing... To be frank your class is balanced around your weapon so I will be brute forcing mine to full cap. If I wasn't in a rush I would enjoy the system more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think and key word is think they removed that... it was capped early from leveling but I believe that was just for testing. Could be wrong though if anyone else can confirm this or not.

As for the whole grinding thing... To be frank your class is balanced around your weapon so I will be brute forcing mine to full cap. If I wasn't in a rush I would enjoy the system more.
    I can understand this feeling, though I am mostly just going to go the route for the more "Viable" Perks and pick up the rest as I go through the expac.

Little question to alpha testers about that. There'll be Relics which give x lvls of a trait. Say you have said relic to give you 3 lvls on a trait. Is it then possible to skip that trait, as it virtually is lvl 3?

I also think that Blizz mentioned somewhere, that you should have your first golden trait by lvl 110. Think it was blizzcon.
    Last edited by ceall; 2016-04-15 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I can understand this feeling, though I am mostly just going to go the route for the more "Viable" Perks and pick up the rest as I go through the expac.
    Thats a good point. Some classes might suffer more with zero traits but you wont be hitting 110 with zero traits. Is there a "viable" route for fire mage with half the traits unlocked? Id be curious to know how much you can reasonably get on the level up path. Since the costs go up the more you progress unlocking the first half of your traits should be far easier than the second.

- PvP - ??
    - World Quest Cache 80-?
    There's at least 2 sources of over 100 artifact power items from non-dungeon content. 1 is from a rare item in highmountain for 250, and supposedly some mobs can have a 250 drop too.

On top of this, like how order resources suddenly ramp up with world quests I wouldn't be surprised if artifact power had various 110 content where it comes in significantly faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Little question to alpha testers about that. There'll be Relics which give x lvls of a trait. Say you have said relic to give you 3 lvls on a trait. Is it then possible to skip that trait, as it virtually is lvl 3?

I also think that Blizz mentioned somewhere, that you should have your first golden trait by lvl 110. Think it was blizzcon.
    It adds a extra level beyond the trait currently if you cap it. Selecting the right relic can be a massive boon. If a relic gave you for example 3 levels in ignite damage and that was 16% putting a relic worth three levels of ignite damage would give you 32%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Thats a good point. Some classes might suffer more with zero traits but you wont be hitting 110 with zero traits. Is there a "viable" route for fire mage with half the traits unlocked? Id be curious to know how much you can reasonably get on the level up path. Since the costs go up the more you progress unlocking the first half of your traits should be far easier than the second.
    You can get most... I almost had blast furnace though I had non of the other bottom perks. looked like this if link works

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc#EX0DI2AuwBLvAy8AMvYBL7AVPAE