Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    They would have to call it Starcr---

Oh my God.
    Coffee, everywhere.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Man View Post
    Maybe you are confused as to what the topic is.
    I absolutely know it had nothing to do with "light-wielding demons" and everything to do with "do you think spaceships move this too close to WH40K?", when spaceships already existed in WoW pre-Legion.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the way these legion ship things travel. Explains so much about things like the Exodar

We've never seen them with any dimension-traversing spaceships, so yeah, that was pulled right out of Blizzard's ass. Just like holy demons and Illidan being a champion of the light. They have lost their minds.
    We never saw them. We had no reason to believe they didn't have access to them, though. Just no reason to use them on a bunch of backwater hicks.

Asspull means "came out of nowhere", not "hasn't been shown previously". It's not unreasonable for them to exist, so they fall into the latter category. We've known they had access to advanced technology since at least BC.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I'm loving the way these legion ship things travel. Explains so much about things like the Exodar
    Considering demons had access to Tempest Keep (of which the Exodar is one part) during TBC the new ones may have been back-engineered from Naaru technology whilst we were busy fighting on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Asspull means "came out of nowhere"
    And it did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I absolutely know it had nothing to do with "light-wielding demons" and everything to do with "do you think spaceships move this too close to WH40K?", when spaceships already existed in WoW pre-Legion.
    Sigh.

Tell me when we ever actually used these spaceships in WoW to travel to different planets.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And it did.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh.

Tell me when we ever actually used these spaceships in WoW to travel to different planets.
    We (the players) haven't but it's well documented that the Draenei have travelled in inter dimensional Naaru ships many times and they then crashed into Azeroth because somebody was drinking at the wheel or something.

Spaceships as a concept? No, they are not. Neither is the Holy Light a new concept. But when you all of a sudden have holy demons, it becomes retarded.
    They're called Draenei

Sigh.

Speaking for the Draenei, we've been using them for millennia since the Legion first corrupted most of out people. Most recently it was just before TBC, when the Blood Elves stole our battery-god and made us crash near Teldrassil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    They're called Draenei
    draenei aren't demons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    We (the players) haven't but it's well documented that the Draenei have travelled in inter dimensional Naaru ships many times and they then crashed into Azeroth because somebody was drinking at the wheel or something.
    But that doesn't make warcraft into warhammer 40k

Deleted
    We've never seen them with any dimension-traversing spaceships, so yeah, that was pulled right out of Blizzard's ass. Just like holy demons and Illidan being a champion of the light. They have lost their minds.
    We've seen such ships since TBC. Exodar? Tempest Keep? Hell, even Oshu'Gun is one! Draenei have them, but by definition it means also the Man'ari have them, because the Eredar race has splintered and the ones that fled w/ Velen were in fact the minority!

The holy demon is a model datamined from alpha, it may or may not be used, we have no idea wtf it is. Is it a special one-of a kind character, like the Undead Paladin in Light's Hope? Is it a member of some sect of dreadlords that seek atonement? Is it some kind of ancient, "ancestral" Nathrezim from before their race turned crazy evil? Maybe even it's NOT in fact holy, despite what the look implies? WE DON'T KNOW.

And this shit with Illidan *is* indeed groanworthy, but I think the entire character is basically a shit tier power fantasy grimdark Mary Sue, so tbh nothing of value was lost.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-04-14 at 03:31 PM.

Sigh.

We haven't and we also won't in Legion.
    The Draenei used these ships to travel from Draenor to Azeroth prior to becoming a playable faction though.

In Legion, dimensional spaceships will enter the world of Azeroth... just like they did in TBC.

And this in turn has nothing at all to do with "Holy Demons".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    We've seen such ships since TBC. Exodar? Tempest Keep? Hell, even Oshu'Gun is one! Draenei have them, but by definition it means also the Man'ari have them, because the Eredar race has splintered and the ones that fled w/ Velen were in fact the minority!
    Actually that isn't true. While the Draenei used the Exodar ship, I believe it was actually of Naaru make. The Draenei can't build them, only maintain them.

It's still not unreasonable for the Legion to own spaceships though. They are a spacefaring army, we have known that even before TBC...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Admit, that it looks fucking cool. Blizzard always could pull epic magitek shit. I love magitek shit, when its done properly. Blizzard has skillz.

Holy isn't opposed to fel. Arcane is.
    If Nathrezim are able to use shadow/void magic, they should be able to use holy/light as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    All hail the Glorious God Warchief! Slay the Xenos filth! NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR!

FOR AZEROTH!

I hereby declare the formation of a new paladin order, The Templars of Black, who will declare an endless crusade upon the Legion using their own spaceships to journey into the eye of....ahem, the Twisting Nether and purge the heretical traitor Sargeras from this plane of existence!
    We have those, but with demonic energies, we call them Demon Hunter :P (The Illidari)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

Warcraft is based on Warhammer and when they did not get a licence they changed the world into what we have now.
    When I see this latest Legion dimensional legion spaceship arrival all I can think is "now this turns into Warhammer 40k with Orcs and Paladins in space".
    I think that could make the game fresh again, but will also change the theme. We are already used to several anachronisms in live WoW, but this is a new dimension (sorry for the pun) of sci-fi into our beloved fantasy.

I am read for Warcraft in space.
    I can't tell if this is a legit question or not so cleverly veiled bait thread.

Maybe you are confused as to what the topic is.

- - - Updated - - -

Topic is could Wow turn into warhammer 40k.

Yes it could i mean ffs look at the marvel and dc universes everything can come together if you want it to lol.

Illidan becoming a champion of the light isn't strange at all. he has always had the best intentions. demons may be from the twisting nether but he isn't a full demon. kinda like you take a kid from a gang riddled neighborhood doesn't mean he will become a gang member. etc etc.

The Draenei had spaceships. The Legion didn't. So this is new.
    No reason for them not to have them, after all the Eredar are part of the legion are they not? I for one am so freaking excited to see this, op does the player actually see them warp into the air? Omg beam me up scotty!

Actually that isn't true. While the Draenei used the Exodar ship, I believe it was actually of Naaru make. The Draenei can't build them, only maintain them.
    Ahh well im sure they learned something of how to build them, and what if the void gods passed on the knowledge? We know they were Naaru that lost the light and became evil.
    Last edited by RoxyBlue; 2016-04-14 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Warcraft is based on Warhammer and when they did not get a licence they changed the world into what we have now.
    Where are you getting this? I'm about 99.9% sure this statement is full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Ahh well im sure they learned something of how to build them, and what if the void gods passed on the knowledge? We know they were Naaru that lost the light and became evil.
    The Void Lords (agents of the Old Gods) are enemies of the Legion, and the Void Gods (dark Naaru) aren't aligned with them either, as far as I can tell. They are agents of The Void, not The Legion.