Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I've no issue if fast pulling tanks, you wanna charge ahead, go on, just make sure you can hold aggro & at least have a sense to use your active mitigation & I'll make sure you stay alive. As a tank, be nice to your heals & keep an eye on their mana, until they start screaming at you for going slow. As a DPS, don't pull shit & don't stand in shit.
    He gets it.^

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling, like dungeons in general, is best done fast. I pull everything without getting retarded about it. Not challenge mode rushy rushy (too annoying) but fast. Pull everything, aoe it, pull next group, aoe it and so on. I tanked in Wrath. If you tanked in Wrath, you know the kind of way you're supposed to tank dungeons. You pull faster than that shit, it's just annoying for the DPS a lot of the time if they're some kind of poor fool that has no aoe at low level. You pull faster than that later on and it just takes forever for people to pull shit.

You also have to watch out for tanks that assume speed = good. You'll have morons that pull mobs that stand there freecasting, don't line of sight them and don't tank on top of them. Those are just irritating because you've got to single target them. It's a trifling affair of course but again, speed doesn't = good. Slow definitely = bad but that's not the same thing.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Haha, that's why I like Pit of Saron or Crusader's Challenge or the Level 68-70 Magister's Terrace. If you stupidpull in those instances you'll wipe. As a levelling DPS caster, I hated levelling dungeons with heirloom tanks. I felt like I was completely useless because stuff died faster than I could cast and everything was usually out of range. It started getting better with the later WotLK dungeons.

Deleted
    I've healed for a long time and don't mind tanks pulling fast, it's much better than them being too slow. My only peeve is if I'm on a slower or less mobile healer and the tank is a Monk rolling off into the sunset so I'm constantly out of range, haha.

I play tank and a healer i havent played dps since mid ulduar.

I decide the pace of the grp based on the players i have.

As a tank whos fulling mythic gearead 740+ on 3 of my tanks i can tell you.
    I'm not going to wait for you not even in a mythic dungeon i'll pull as much as i know i can handle and solo it if a have to and you will have to catch up.

There is no reason to day dream when you do a dungeon get in start pulling get it over as fast as you can they are already a drag after the expansion has been out for so long.

I don't mind tanks pulling fast but I do find it annoying if they pull like 40 mobs and then also stand in fire and don't use any def cds as the mobs put 50 stacks of bleed on them that ticks for like 5% of their health. Most damage can be outhealed but I can't outheal getting 1-shot.

tip - when he stops, try to stay with him or ahead, if you stay behind you can be late to catch him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post
    i can only offer my solution
    let, them, die

i will loot quest items, get my stuff done, and make sure I survive. after that i wll make sure tank and dps survive, if one or more of them is an idiot and pull beyond his ability to handle, it's his problem (and yes, 11 years of tanking and healing in this game has made my virtual skin as thick as the great wall of china)
    If I see 1 person slowing down the rest of the group you get insta kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    There is no reason to day dream when you do a dungeon get in start pulling get it over as fast as you can they are already a drag after the expansion has been out for so long.
    But the OP is speaking about leveling dungeons where people don't have all their skills, talents available yet and actually are interested in doing some questing. I do know that as a healer (for me at least) collecting quest items and stuff is tough and requires several runs cause of yolo tanks, but meh.

Yes ofc if a tank rocks with mythic/heroic gear and does the present Draenor dungeons having a healer is a bonus, healer is more needed for DPSers anyway... But on most cases during levelling this is not the issue sadly.

Half of the tanks (from my experience) who run the levelling dunegons think that pulling entire room full of mobs (the Kaelthas dungeon with open area with tons of mobs comes to mind...) is the faster way of doing things, but sadly they will die cause of DPSers add more mobs, DPSers have low DPS and above all I just need -1 second CD on my skills...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I have a problem with the tanks pulling literally non stop till the end of the dungeon, putting me the healer at the edge of my seat to not stay behind. I don't have a problem with fast tanks, I enjoy them. What I dislike is faster than fast. They don't even give me time to loot quest items. Yes it is leveling dungeons. I usually have to lay on hands them to save them, and 1-2 times even that wasn't enough to save the day. It is very stressful to me who is a 11 year player. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to a relative new player.

For those who will say "communicate" and ask them to pull slightly slower, communication rarely happens according to my experience. If I step back to type "slow down" he is literally dead. I am afraid of being victimized by douchebags and get kicked from the dungeon.

I remember the times when I was tanking, I was looking to simple things like not LOS my healer, and give him some time to breath!

What's up with all this craziness and the speed races in non mattering leveling dungeons?
    I usually pull like a madman, but keep an eye on healer LoS and mana. Try creating a macro with "Please, could you slow down a bit? I've got to loot a few quest items." if it seems like you don't even have the time to type something.

I've they ignore/reply like a moron, you're out of luck, but I bet most of them will be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    If I see 1 person slowing down the rest of the group you get insta kick.
    Why, where's the fun it that?
    I just don't get it (dumb and blonde as I am), is the few seconds extra what it takes for someone to collect/loot X that big waste your time?

I do get that for people who don't care about questing and are doing it for the n-th time all ready, that leveling dungeons are boring as hell, but aren't you wasting in essence that person's time who got kicked cause they wanted to complete their quest or are not as good at what they do as a healer/that good geared/move slower then rest cause lack of good speed boost? Not saying that getting a new group after re-queue as a healer is a bone breaking challenge, but still

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I have a problem with the tanks pulling literally non stop till the end of the dungeon, putting me the healer at the edge of my seat to not stay behind. I don't have a problem with fast tanks, I enjoy them. What I dislike is faster than fast. They don't even give me time to loot quest items. Yes it is leveling dungeons. I usually have to lay on hands them to save them, and 1-2 times even that wasn't enough to save the day. It is very stressful to me who is a 11 year player. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to a relative new player.

For those who will say "communicate" and ask them to pull slightly slower, communication rarely happens according to my experience. If I step back to type "slow down" he is literally dead. I am afraid of being victimized by douchebags and get kicked from the dungeon.

I remember the times when I was tanking, I was looking to simple things like not LOS my healer, and give him some time to breath!

What's up with all this craziness and the speed races in non mattering leveling dungeons?
    even a mediocre tank no longer needs much in the way of healing this late in the expac.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I view the dps and healer in the dungeon as extra things to kill in some way during the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so fun to pull ultra-fast though. I always do it. I put on some great electro/edm and just go.

Deleted
    Wait.

So let's say you're an invincible tank with 741 ilvl.. Are you not allowed to race through the dungeon considering the simple fact that whether people are with you or not, you're able to run just as fast?

Not to be a dick or anything, but even in BRF i'd tell people to leave if they didn't like the fact that I was racing through a dungeon in sub 5 minutes on my monk. It didn't matter if they were there, so if they disliked it, they were free to leave.

The only tanks that worry me, are those who JUST boosted a character, and thinks they can do the same. But they'll learn, and the are the minority.

This playerbase is so full of crying children that it's probably a bigger cause of the abandonment than Blizzard pulling off odd game designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're doing leveling dungeons and the tank pulls super fast without being able to keep themselves alive, they seriously fail at leveling fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    But the OP is speaking about leveling dungeons where people don't have all their skills, talents available yet and actually are interested in doing some questing. I do know that as a healer (for me at least) collecting quest items and stuff is tough and requires several runs cause of yolo tanks, but meh.

Yes ofc if a tank rocks with mythic/heroic gear and does the present Draenor dungeons having a healer is a bonus, healer is more needed for DPSers anyway... But on most cases during levelling this is not the issue sadly.

Half of the tanks (from my experience) who run the levelling dunegons think that pulling entire room full of mobs (the Kaelthas dungeon with open area with tons of mobs comes to mind...) is the faster way of doing things, but sadly they will die cause of DPSers add more mobs, DPSers have low DPS and above all I just need -1 second CD on my skills...
    leveling dungeons are even more about throughput.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I am definitely one of these people you hate, i pull ultra fast and honestly if you cant keep up or wanna dilly dally with your dilly in a dungeon thats fine just not with me. Ive seen all the content in these dungeons and could careless to stop and pick *insert w.e fits that dungeons theme*. When i level a toon im there to level. your wasting my time otherwise and im doing you a service, i understand my role, my mechanics, and how to push myself and my character to the limit to give you and the worthless dps, cuz lets face it, its extremely rare to find a dps thats 1 not only gunna keep up with you but 2 be able to even remotely match a tanks dps pre 90 leveling in dungeons. im generally 80% of the damage done even to single target. i pull mass because i can and know i will survive and kill everything before it will really *kill* me. Ive been called bad when the healer was just blatantly bad and sometimes ive just been off my game that night and was misjudging. Which ive admitted too, then i slow down slightly till i got my funk back.

I also use the ultrafast pulling method to teach other players even how to play their spec more properly, it forces you to be more on edge and think faster allow better reactions, more dps, move out of shit quicker, faster heals, more combination of heals to *save the day* and ways to become a better player. Ive had players who reported me, and those who have loved me. ITs up to the individual player to be good or bad, always strive to improve to be better otherwise you will just be another *bad* player. Ive helped players become better and have been thanked for it by my runs helping them become much better players and finding good raid spots.

also leveling is a grinding xp deal, think of d3 where all you do is grind. so faster grinding sessions = better, more efficient, better results and better use of time.

anyway if you catch me in a dungeon under w.e name i decide to use, enjoy being carried, enjoy your 5 min run, that gives you 3 levels,(lower levels) and keep thanking me. Honestly 1-60 is done in what? 4 hrs or so? then its like 4 hours per expansion after that? id have to do a speed level and time each run but with the heirlooms nowadays, and being able to enchant them, it shouldnt take long at all. i also dont level a character nowadays with out my full heirloom set with enchants. so no reason not to have it.

the only thing i hate the most is those who dont have the full set of heirlooms for the class armor requirements, ive seen plate tanks with cloth gear that say but this is all i had, well farm a lil bit of gold to buy the plate heirlooms and upgrade em, doesnt cost that much.

anyway thats my late night rant, enjoy the craziness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    even a mediocre tank no longer needs much in the way of healing this late in the expac.
    I don't think that's the kind of tank we are talking about.
    It's the ones that obviously do need much in the way of healing or they die.

I have a macro that says: I stop for quest items, loot and mana breaks. Also one that says: Allright stop: mana time!
    I don't think they are ever read

So typically a leveling dungeon goes like this:
    Tank pulls a few packs, I spam all I have, and because it's a leveling dungeon I can't do that with endless mana regen.
    So by the time the pack is dead, I'm oom, and there's usually a few corpses from partymembers.
    There's rougly a 50% chance I'm able to res them before the next pack is pulled.
    I type: Run in.
    They type: no res me
    Tank pulls some extra. They go down painfully slow.
    Since I was oom on the last pull and didn't have a chance to drink, I pop a mana pot,
    Dps may or may not have run in while the mobs are still hammering the tank.
    I throw all I have on him, I'm oom in no time.
    We wipe or we just make it.
    I throw some hots on the tank and sit down to drink only to be interrupted by one of the mobs that are allready pulled and I get healing aggro on.
    I do what I can, I oom, pot still on cooldown. Tank goes Geronimo and pulls in an extra pack.
    We die.
    Tank leaves.
    Next tank, repeat above scenario.

Chat is not being read, I can macro 'mana break' and spam it all I want. I may not have one.
    If the tank is not on the same quests as me, I may not get my quest item.
    If the tank is on a quest and I'm not, I do have to heal him, because if I don't they die and I get kicked.
    If I pick up my quest item and the group runs on and dies, I'm kicked as well.
    Or verbally abused.

I have 7 healing characters. I play since 2008. I know my healing classes inside out.
    But leveling gear and mana regen is what it is, same for spell costs.
    If you have to spam heals to keep a group/tank up because they pull big and fast, you go oom.
    If you can't get a break, the whole instance will become a 'cast a heal and wait for a bit of mana to come back, and hope you can cast your next heal just in time'.

Above is about tanks that do not ridiculously overgear the dungeon, the kind that lays down one aoe threat holding abliity, barely keeps aggro, and isn't bothered with cooldowns. (And yes, there are a lot).

I do appreciate overgeared tanks with tons of heirlooms having a hughe healthpool. Who know how to play their class and use cd's properly.
    They can go fast paced all they want. They will also not die if they are not healed for 10seconds because you are picking up a quest item.
    I'm actually very comfortable around those tanks.

I feel like many partymembers I get in dungeons are just incredibly bored or burned out playing wow.
    They don't care about the social part of the game anymore, chat is not longer for socializing, no more 'hello' when they enter.
    Leveling dungeons are no longer content you do to take a break from questing. There are people chain queue-ing to level in them.
    So it's just a rush from front to back of the dungeon, leave and requeue.
    Years ago I had a very long friendslist, I would regularly add people I met in dungeons.
    I can't remember the last time I added someone from a dungeon
    It's no longer a teameffort, it's 'chase the tank and heal him if you can'. No reward if you can, but flaming and kicking if you can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't stop unless the healer is sub 25% mana which never happens leveling up. So suck it up buttercup. I simply don't understand why you need 30seconds or more between every encounter.

It just irritates me when a healer is just standing there with full mana and gets upset when the tank "runs off", I know you assholes are watching Netflix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I feel like many partymembers I get in dungeons are just incredibly bored or burned out playing wow.
    They don't care about the social part of the game anymore, chat is not longer for socializing, no more 'hello' when they enter.
    Leveling dungeons are no longer content you do to take a break from questing. There are people chain queue-ing to level in them.
    So it's just a rush from front to back of the dungeon, leave and requeue.
    Years ago I had a very long friendslist, I would regularly add people I met in dungeons.
    I can't remember the last time I added someone from a dungeon
    It's no longer a teameffort, it's 'chase the tank and heal him if you can'. No reward if you can, but flaming and kicking if you can't.
    I get mixed reviews, particularly when I was running TW dungeons before I quit again. I made twink sets for tanking, as long as the healer would follow at least 10 seconds after, I could get away with anything and their mana was usually untouched.

I usually try to communicate hellos and the like when entering dungeons. Responses are 50/50. But ya I haven't made any friends out of it. They all usually leave right after. Ever so often you'll get the DPS that are like waiting hoping I'll say "another?". Like I can see it in their lifeless pixelated eyes.