Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Those Garrison Missions are really starting to worry me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Aaahh, hell. Gonna have to find a home for all those junk items in Crates I've been stocking up on.
    I am pretty sure Blizz have already stated that gear from Salvage crates won't go into the legion wardrobe. You have to have earned the gear from questing, raiding etc (all options unlocked)

Quote Originally Posted by JBGaming View Post
    I am pretty sure Blizz have already stated that gear from Salvage crates won't go into the legion wardrobe. You have to have earned the gear from questing, raiding etc (all options unlocked)
    Or looting. Like looting green stuff. On trash mobs. Which is exactly the same gear as the salvage gear. Except you currently don't have to go to old zones to farm those old trash mobs.

In fact, when they announced the salvage boxes, they explicitly said the gear in there was selected from popular transmog choices. The salvage gear WAS intended for transmog (what? you really thought it was intended to gear up your alts? really?).

Now, the real reason isn't about transmog, of course, it's about selling back the green trash for gold, which is a steady source of gold, and they are make extremely sure that there will be absolutely no reason whatsoever to stay in your garrison (I'm also expecting the gold bags at the trading post to disappear fairly soon).

Too bad they're also throwing the main source of low-level transmog along with it. Sometimes, the Blizzard's obsession about making low level content totally irrelevant is... irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Blizzard adds a new means of obtaining salvage crates in Legion. Those crates have been so wonderful for obtaining collectibles, especially those that were rendered unobtainable in Cataclysm.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Looks like they're doing some number tuning which is a good sign.

24 hour mission timers, yep fuck this game now. Gating content behind the mission table as i thought they would, Blizzard really know how to fuck up their own game. Time to go play on a Private server i think.

Blizzard has it so damn backwards, why not send us on these quests instead of putting it into a UI where all you do is click and wait 24hours. Blizzard are morons...
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2016-04-15 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    24 hour mission timers, yep fuck this game now. Gating content behind the mission table as i thought they would, Blizzard really know how to fuck up their own game. Time to go play on a Private server i think.

Blizzard has it so damn backwards, why not send us on these quests instead of putting it into a UI where all you do is click and wait 24hours. Blizzard are morons...
    They're the same in a lot of ways as dailies - they're using time to slow players down, so people don't blast through the entire thing in 2 days and then start whining "There's nooooothing to dooooooo!'

But yeah...pretending to send NPCs to do missions isn't very fun. It wasn't in WOD, won't be in Legion.

But Ion says "Trust us!"

Do you?

So am I reading this right? They're removing the Salvage Yard transmog items?

If so, WHY

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    So am I reading this right? They're removing the Salvage Yard transmog items?

If so, WHY
    Gold. Green stuff from those large crates yield 6-7g average (more on weapons, less on useless jewelry), which makes the crates "useful" to farm gold with your alts sitting on their pre-legion mission tables.

Since their explicit goal is to make any pre-expansion content absolutely irrelevant, they were suddenly facing with a bad choice: keep the old-content transmog and let gold flow, or destroy gold flows and throw the transmog baby along with the bathwater.

Now what's really important is what that description change implies: does it mean that level 3 salvage yards give standard Crates of Salvage with higher chance than normal, or does it means that it yields Large Crate of Salvages that have no green/blue/epics in them except the level 100 specific gear (whose transmog isn't available anywhere else).

If it's the former, you can stockpile Large crates by 20 in your bank to open for a change of transmogs at 7.0 patch. If it's the latter, then you have no choice but to open as many crates you can, stuff your bank and void storage to the gills with useless green stuff waiting for 7.0, then cash in when the Wardrobe patch finally lets you empty your bank.

(in other words, the latter would be stupid. But then, sometimes Blizzard takes weird ass decisions)

Quote Originally Posted by Ukerric View Post
    Gold. Green stuff from those large crates yield 6-7g average (more on weapons, less on useless jewelry), which makes the crates "useful" to farm gold with your alts sitting on their pre-legion mission tables.

Since their explicit goal is to make any pre-expansion content absolutely irrelevant, they were suddenly facing with a bad choice: keep the old-content transmog and let gold flow, or destroy gold flows and throw the transmog baby along with the bathwater.

Now what's really important is what that description change implies: does it mean that level 3 salvage yards give standard Crates of Salvage with higher chance than normal, or does it means that it yields Large Crate of Salvages that have no green/blue/epics in them except the level 100 specific gear (whose transmog isn't available anywhere else).

If it's the former, you can stockpile Large crates by 20 in your bank to open for a change of transmogs at 7.0 patch. If it's the latter, then you have no choice but to open as many crates you can, stuff your bank and void storage to the gills with useless green stuff waiting for 7.0, then cash in when the Wardrobe patch finally lets you empty your bank.

(in other words, the latter would be stupid. But then, sometimes Blizzard takes weird ass decisions)
    You don't have to explain to me how garrisons work. It seems you're misunderstanding what's going on. The line removed, the one referring to player items, has only ever referred to the blue 610 transmog gear, the "new character" class gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    You don't have to explain to me how garrisons work. It seems you're misunderstanding what's going on. The line removed, the one referring to player items, has only ever referred to the blue 610 transmog gear, the "new character" class gear.
    No, i'm not. In fact, on twitter, the Warcraft devs clarified this change: the "new" tier 3 salvage yard will give a NEW crate. You can stockpile on old crates and open them after 7.0 to fill your wardrobe (wew):

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...31512083202048

While it's not too explicit (140 char limit), that tweet does in fact address specifically the transmog problem. Further clarification says that some transmogs WILL in fact become unobtainable, but "Many player items from salvage still drop elsewhere, however" (i.e. all the green/blue/epic BOE stuff).

"Trinkets should not work. It is a bug. Feel free to let us what ones you find and we'll investigate."

How anti fun are you guys... PvP is looking more and more like shit...

I get that they want us focusing on legion but it still irritates me what they're doing with the garrison. I enjoyed getting all of those transmog pieces out of my salvage yard. It's the only thing I found even halfway enjoyable about it. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I get that they want us focusing on legion but it still irritates me what they're doing with the garrison. I enjoyed getting all of those transmog pieces out of my salvage yard. It's the only thing I found even halfway enjoyable about it. -.-
    At least with the Farm in MoP, you could use it with alts leveling through to get materials to do professions and such. Feels like when you get an Alt to WOD - you'll hit a brick wall in terms of getting anything done.

The way they're going, they should just turn off all the old content, unless it's needed for the current, and start everyone with boosted characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    At least with the Farm in MoP, you could use it with alts leveling through to get materials to do professions and such. Feels like when you get an Alt to WOD - you'll hit a brick wall in terms of getting anything done.
    "Getting anything done" with WoD never had anything to do with the salvage yard. Unless you were 'getting done' the 610 class gear transmog sets.

PRE-EXISTING SALVAGE CRATES ARE NOT AFFECTED.

You can keep doing them and getting them, but once 7.0 comes, the crates will be different and not contain player items.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Yeeeeeeah, no, I think they're just removing a reason to go back to the garrison instead of spending time in Legion.
    Ahhh... So they neutered every other expansion to the extent they did WoD? I guess they should have, for instance, removed all the heirlooms from the Argent Crusade.

Well, duh. You do realise they also plan to change the treasure hunter missions to not give gold as well?
    Big difference between "get 5k gold per day from treasure missions" and "get 100 gold per day from selling off excess garrison resources."

Honestly, all the people that complain about being in Garrisons all the time, and you want a reason to go back to it. Welcome to Stockholm.
    I wanted some transmog. They could even make the gear soulbound coming out of the crates, for all I care. I don't want it for the gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ukerric View Post
    I wouldn't have minded if they changed the crates to soul-bind gear that comes out of it. Even if it meant that the gear you get out couldn't always be put into your transmog set (because, from what I understand, you can only add stuff you could possibly equip--which means a cloth-wearer getting a plate helm under my idea would be S.O.L.), at least it would let people have a decent set of transmog with alts.

Heck, if they'd done that, I would have bought the transmog yak...

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Ahhh... So they neutered every other expansion to the extent they did WoD? I guess they should have, for instance, removed all the heirlooms from the Argent Crusade.
    That's different. Once you've got the heirloom, you don't have to keep going back to farm for it.

Big difference between "get 5k gold per day from treasure missions" and "get 100 gold per day from selling off excess garrison resources."
    But people would still 'feel obligated' to do it to get that free gold.

I wanted some transmog. They could even make the gear soulbound coming out of the crates, for all I care. I don't want it for the gold.
    So stock up on crates now then.

All this does is remove a reason to go back to your garrison every day during Legion. And whining about being 'forced' to do so in order to get transmog.

at least it would let people have a decent set of transmog with alts.
    If you've been collecting stuff for transmog at all, this change will have little effect except on future collecting. You can still have a 'decent set' with alts.

That's different. Once you've got the heirloom, you don't have to keep going back to farm for it.
    I ran two alts at level 90 through Argent Tournament to get heirlooms, and ran eleven alts through Darkmoon Faire every month, to buy all the heirlooms. By your reasoning, they should have eliminated getting heirlooms from Argent Tournament, since Darkmoon Faire had it. (Heck, they should have eliminated prize tickets for all but the new racing and flying games...)

But people would still 'feel obligated' to do it to get that free gold.
    So they eliminated gold rewards from MoP dailies? I could get more from running one faction's dailies. I don't "feel obligated" to go run MoP dailies.

Likewise, you can get more gold from running a Cata raid. But people still farm gold from Cata raids.

There are many ways to make gold, most of them trivial, so why are they focusing on ONE way?

It's completely different than previous expansions content.

Let's use Argent Tournament for the example.

You have to actually do countless of dailies to get those seals to obtain the items, mounts, heirlooms, pets, etc.

With crates, it's a few clicks to send out followers. No effort whatsoever.

So it's definitely understandable why they're changing it.