Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why has there never been a raid where 2 raid bosses fight each other?

Sometimes I find it disappointing lore wise that a lot of important lore characters die at the hand of 25 random strangers instead of important lore characters. I kind of feel like not being able to have lore characters fight each other takes away from nice stories from happening.

The way I Imagine it is it will be like Warcraft 3 where the other boss has his army with him and our boss has us. They actually damage each other, but if actually wants to win we'd have to beat the enemy bosses minions to attack the enemy boss.

It doesn't have to be like this for every raid, but I wish it could be for some raid bosses. There could even be mini bosses that the enemy boss brings.

I mean if their able to do this they can show and create a lot more stories that they couldn't before. There could even be a boss fight where two lore characters fight each other in a distance, and you fight the enemy bosses like main minion, but in the end the enemy lore boss or our lore boss could die, and that way we still get to see how the story happened.

an example would be like

Caverns of Time: Assault on Blackrock Mountain

Boss: Doomhammer vs Lothar.

if this fight happens the way it already happens within the game, Lothar would get injured at the beginning of the fight, then Die after you beat doomhammer, or after Turaylon appears and kills him without much fight happening.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-04-15 at 05:56 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    25 random strangers
    those 'randoms' are the greatest warriors of Azeroth
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I find it disappointing lore wise that a lot of important lore characters die at the hand of 25 random strangers instead of important lore characters. I kind of feel like not being able to have lore characters fight each other takes away from nice stories from happening.

They way I Imagine it is it will be like Warcraft 3 where the other boss has his army with him and our boss has us. They actually damage each other, but if actually wants to win we'd have to beat the enemy bosses minions to attack the enemy boss.

It doesn't have to be like this for every raid, but I wish it could be for some raid bosses. There could even be mini bosses that the enemy boss brings.

I mean if their able to this they can show and create a lot more stories that they couldn't before. There could even be a boss fight where two lore characters fight each other in a distance, and you fight the enemy bosses like main minion, but in the end the enemy lore boss or our lore boss could die, and that way we still get to see how the story happened.

an example would be like

if this fight happens the way it already happens within the game, Lothar would get injured at the beginning of the fight, then Die after you beat doomhammer, or after Turaylon appears and kills him without much fight happening.
    Sadly we aren't 25 random strangers anymore, we are the pinnacle of each class we play.

We're beginning to rival moderate lore character in terms of our own power.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

People already complain about Thrall and Tirion kill stealing. I don't know that this would go over well.

Deleted
    there has been 2 ragnaros kils that trator and imprator mythic

Deleted

The way I Imagine it is it will be like Warcraft 3 where the other boss has his army with him and our boss has us. They actually damage each other, but if actually wants to win we'd have to beat the enemy bosses minions to attack the enemy boss.

I mean if their able to this they can show and create a lot more stories that they couldn't before. There could even be a boss fight where two lore characters fight each other in a distance, and you fight the enemy bosses like main minion, but in the end the enemy lore boss or our lore boss could die, and that way we still get to see how the story happened.

an example would be like

you think you want that, but you don't.

Deleted
    tirion vs lk...
    nuff said

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    People already complain about Thrall and Tirion kill stealing. I don't know that this would go over well.
    when the fck did tirion steal our kill?

Formerly known as Arafal

Karazhan chess event scratches that surface a little.

Dragonmaw woman to an extent, too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    When we were dead and being turned into undead, then he shattered Frostmourne. Or do you mean the token kill we got to make when the souls held Arthas incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    When we were dead and being turned into undead, then he shattered Frostmourne. Or do you mean the token kill we got to make when the souls held Arthas incapacitated.
    That's not really a kill steal then.

We lost Good thing a proper Paladin was there or Azeroth would be pretty borked right now.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    That's not really a kill steal then.

We lost Good thing a proper Paladin was there or Azeroth would be pretty borked right now.
    Okay kill steal may not be the right word but people hated that we ultimately conteibuted nothing to the fight but getting killed so Tirion could go SSJ. For better or worse people want to be Goku not Krillin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    yeh he did better than steal our kill, he saved the whole raid and azeroth.

Okay kill steal may not be the right word but people hated that we ultimately conteibuted nothing to the fight but getting killed so Tirion could go SSJ. For better or worse people want to be Goku not Krillin.
    Oh don't get me wrong I thought it was a pretty poor way to end what was probably for more WoW players than any other boss "The Big One"...

I guess in MOBA terms if your Teemo or Zeratul is sat in the bushes and not engaging until your team has been wiped out by their ADC then he rolls in and stomps them; you could say it was a kill steal Fockin' trolling more like

no some people loved that the lich king was shown to be so powerful we were just being tested by him and he deemed us worthy to be scourge commanders and destroy azeroth.

I'm shocked nobody pointed at the Shadow of Akama fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh he did better than steal our kill, he saved the whole raid and azeroth.
    Could you have imagined if Tirion hadn't done that what would have happened? :P

All of the heroes turned into Champions of the Scourge. There would have been nothing left for the Legion to even destroy at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no some people loved that the lich king was shown to be so powerful we were just being tested by him and he deemed us worthy to be scourge commanders and destroy azeroth.
    In retrospect, Deathwing should have been the one to wipe us, then Alexstraza could have "pulled a Tyrion". So the DW fight was essentially a "doomed to fail" attempt to buy Thrall the time he needed, rather than the rather unscary island hopping adventure it was

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Good point, when I read the OP I was thinking "There are fights like this" but my brain farted (plus my guild only actually killed Akama once, post nerfs right in the last raiding week of TBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Or Mount Hyjal during TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    In retrospect, Deathwing should have been the one to wipe us, then Alexstraza could have "pulled a Tyrion". So the DW fight was essentially a "doomed to fail" attempt to buy Thrall the time he needed, rather than the rather unscary island hopping adventure it was
    a fart in a box would of been less of a let down than the deathwing encounters.